Ken Dorsey Promoted to OC

Mopreme

4 minutes ago, Process said:

The biggest beef I had with Daboll was his play calling. 

I am on board with promoting Dorsey and keeping the same system. Hopefully he'll take the offense to a new level with some fresh ideas. 

And most importantly, hopefully he'll let. josh. cook. 

The fact he played QB at a high level at the collegiate level and was a winner, leads me to believe that this will be very good for Josh's further development...even though it could be argued Josh is fully developed.  The mental game is now at the forefront, I think...reading defenses, beating coverages, etc.  He and Josh have a great relationship already.  So, I absolutely love this move!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

No surprise. Got to keep the boss (#17) happy.

I was worried during our mid-season slump that Daboll's star was going to diminish and he wouldn't get a HC offer and that Dorsey would get hired somewhere else as an OC

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:
Congrats, Ken. 

And let me be the first to say...

FIRE KEN DORSEY!!! This offense has gained zero yards yet under his watch and Josh Allen has not progressed at all since he was named.

If he’s not in the office 24 hours a day 7 days a week fire him again!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This should have been no brainer for Dorsey. Interested to see who the line coach is.
    I was listening to Steve Smith yesterday that Shoen and Daboll are in for a lot of work. He came across as lukewarm on the Daboll hire. Some of you will immediately crap on that but SS isn’t a rube football-wise.

It was never in doubt that Dorsey was gonna replace Daboll, so yeah, it was a no brainer. 

3 minutes ago, damj said:

Puts the perspective on the other lesser qualified candidates. They were never in serious contention; just had to satisfy the Rooney rule

Yep. When they announced those interviews yesterday, I took it as a sure sign that Dorsey was officially in the bag. 

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly think it's the best choice right now. Every hot OC gets called in as a QB whisperer so it's not like we can expect an offensive genius to walk in from the outside.

have to think that Beane and McDermott had to see this coming since the end of last season. It seems impossible for me to imagine that they didn't evaluate Dorsey a long time coming for the role and I honestly don't think they would put him in the job if they didn't think he would succeed.

Now, can he manage a run game too? We will find out.

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.