Bills interviewing Raiders WR coach Edgar Bennett for OC

YoloinOhio

Just now, eball said:

Those who thought the Bills would just hand the job to Dorsey without interviewing candidates were fooling themselves.

That said, I really hope they don't bring in a short passing game WCO guy.  Totally the wrong thing for Allen.

Bennett is about to fired in Vegas for whoever McDaniels is going to bring in. I'd bet this guy will be our RB coach.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Probably wrong but the reports of new interviews in my absolutely uninformed opinion looks like maybe they got word from Dorsey he is going not staying.

Or the opposite. They’ve had positive discussions with Dorsey but are fulfilling League  requirements and maybe doing some favors for friends around the league as well. Networking is huge in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They’re doing what they are required to do. Besides it’s the NFL and unlike any other business. Experience / credentials aren’t the end all be all. The most “ qualified” candidate in a traditional sense doesn’t  always get the job, nor should they. Teams get a sense for a candidate and if they are right for them. They may be a rising star but need a chance to prove it. May just be a gut feeling about a potential hire. 

Sorry but we can't afford to screw around with Allen in his prime.  We already wasted this year with stupidity.  

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

What the absolute F are we doing. I don't want to hear about the Rooney rule, stop with that, there are minority candidates with better credentials than this like Pep Hamilton. 

Basically this seems like agents getting their clients name out there. The Bills likely already have a top candidate and someone like Pep Hamilton isn't going to waste his time.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Probably wrong but the reports of new interviews in my absolutely uninformed opinion looks like maybe they got word from Dorsey he is going not staying.

It could equally tell us that Dorsey agreed to stay, but since we HAVE to interview at least 1 minority candidate before making a hire we are doing some guys some favors, and expanding our network, and looking for replacements for some position coaches.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.