Anyone shed a tear?

london_bills

Total melt down.  My wife said she had never seen me like this.

This event seemed to be the tipping point for the 60 + years of frustration.  (I am 68).

For the first time in my adult life, I will not be watching the conference championship or the Super Bowl.

I can not watch that punk Mahomes receive all that praise and adulation just because he won the coin toss.

If I had the ability to stop being a Bills fan, I would have at the end of that f*****g game.

But I didn't cry.

So sorry to hear about previous posters loss of loved ones and pets. 

My heart goes out to you.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Total melt down.  My wife said she had never seen me like this.

This event seemed to be the tipping point for the 60 + years of frustration.  (I am 68).

For the first time in my adult life, I will not be watching the conference championship or the Super Bowl.

I can not watch that punk Mahomes receive all that praise and adulation just because he won the coin toss.

If I had the ability to stop being a Bills fan, I would have at th e end of that f*****g game.

But I didn't cry.

So sorry to hear about previous posters loss of loved ones and pets. 

My heart goes out to you.

I’m right there with you…just a couple years younger. Like you, I said I’m not watching next weekend…but deep down I know that I will. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

My wife was crying at the end of the game. I felt terrible but even worse for her.

Yesterday morning I came close but I didn’t.

By yesterday afternoon I was just PISSED!!! Which is where I will remain.

I can’t watch the SB this year. First time in 40+ years. It was ours for the taking👿

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Losing is tough but losing like this is just cruel. 13 seconds, MCM, wide right. It seems we have had more heartbreaking losses than most other fanbases.

Until Mahomes came along, you at least had good company with the Chiefs, who...

-Lost in '95 as the 1-seed vs the 6-seed Colts at Arrowhead, 10-7, after Lin Elliott missed three field goals.

-Lost in '03 to the Colts, 38-31, despite punting zero times, because the Chiefs also couldn't force any punts.

-Lost in '13 to the Colts, 45-44, after blowing a 28-point 2nd half lead.

-Lost in '16 to the Steelers, 18-16, despite the Chiefs scoring two TDs and the Steelers scoring zero TDs.

-Lost in '17 to the Titans, 22-21, despite leading 21-3, and the decisive score was Mariota completing a TD pass to himself.

-Lost in '18 to the Patriots in OT of AFC title game, after a game-clinching INT was nullified because Dee Ford lined up Offside.

The Bills' time will come soon enough for a breakthrough. McDermott will have his fair share of doubters. "Can't win big games, sucks in the playoffs." Nah. It's a ton of randomness. The key is to keep making the playoffs year after year and give yourself a chance. Tony Dungy was a playoff loser—until he wasn't. Bill Cowher was a playoff loser—until he wasn't. Andy Reid was a playoff loser—until he wasn't. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, beebe said:

Until Mahomes came along, you at least had good company with the Chiefs, who...

-Lost in '95 as the 1-seed vs the 6-seed Colts at Arrowhead, 10-7, after Lin Elliott missed three field goals.

-Lost in '03 to the Colts, 38-31, despite punting zero times, because the Chiefs also couldn't force any punts.

-Lost in '13 to the Colts, 45-44, after blowing a 28-point 2nd half lead.

-Lost in '16 to the Steelers, 18-16, despite the Chiefs scoring two TDs and the Steelers scoring zero TDs.

-Lost in '17 to the Titans, 22-21, despite leading 21-3, and the decisive score was Mariota completing a TD pass to himself.

-Lost in '18 to the Patriots in OT of AFC title game, after a game-clinching INT was nullified because Dee Ford lined up Offside.

The Bills' time will come soon enough for a breakthrough. McDermott will have his fair share of doubters. "Can't win big games, sucks in the playoffs." Nah. It's a ton of randomness. The key is to keep making the playoffs year after year and give yourself a chance. Tony Dungy was a playoff loser—until he wasn't. Bill Cowher was a playoff loser—until he wasn't. Andy Reid was a playoff loser—until he wasn't. 

Yes, good post.  You need continuity in the front office.  The people that want McD fired are not thinking rationally.  You keep this band together (McD, Beane, Allen, etc..) and keep kicking the can.  Hopefully, eventually, they break through.  

I shed a tear or three.  Of course in the past 6 months my mother passed, I compound fractured my ankle and have been rehabbing for 4 months and now THIS happened.  

People talk about feeling cursed, yeah, I understand. :beer:

And all that said, I'm here today smiling and joking.  My heart hurts from that loss, but damn, I still love Buffalo, the Bills, our fans, the crew at Hammer's the highs and lows.  I sure don't want to feel this way again, but as a sport fan, guessing I will - but also guessing that ONE day we're all going to get to feel the elation of winning the Super Bowl.

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

No.

But I've experienced a roller coaster of emotions within a 2 minute span.

One moment, so proud of Josh

One moment, so mad at the defense

One moment, so euphoric witnessing our QBs greatness with a little over a minute.

One moment, so disgusted with McD and Frazier decisions that ultimately ended our season and Josh's amazing performance.

But no tears, just speechless.😔

• Thank you (+1) 1

When Gabe scored with :13 left, I was on the floor in tears, giggling uncontrollably the same time. To me, this was our Superbowl. I knew what came next was two much easier match ups. Just getting a taste of that feeling was pure elation. I've seriously never felt so much joy in my life all at once like that. Joy and relief. 

Having that moment ripped away so fast is going to bother me until they win it all. What an incredible feeling.

PS: If anyone knows a good therapist, I'm all ears. Haha. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.