Texans getting closer to hiring Josh McCown as Head Coach

Albany,n.y.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would like to hear Tasker going nuts.  Linky?

Heard it live on the radio, but I am sure it will be on Audacy soon.

I thought it was funny as I switched hoping to hear about the Giants GM info and get a huge rant to start the show.

😂

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Amazingly, the Texans hired the most questionable candidate ever last year, only to shock us and hire an even more questionable one this year. 

Next year they will have a radio call in. 50th caller gets to coach the Texans next season. 

They will be at a loss when the phone stops after the 9th call. 

• Haha (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I have no problem with this if there is reasoning to it.  Best man doesn't always have to be a coordinator

Doesnt need to be a coordinator but coaching experience should be mandatory. This is a joke hire... slap in the face to all coaches that have worked their asses off for years.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Next year they will have a radio call in. 50th caller gets to coach the Texans next season. 

They will be at a loss when the phone stops after the 9th call. 

I think a pair of 900 numbers would be very profitable.

1-900-FIRE-HIM

1-900-KEEP-HIM

Own votes in case of a tie.

Honestly, this isn't that much different than the Doug Pederson hire, which was similarly laughed at. Pederson has a SB ring and made the playoffs three times in five years. 

8 minutes ago, saundena said:

Nobody else is probably even remotely interested in working inside of a dumpster fire

The QB -- Mills -- looks like he might be OK and maybe even good. He was the #1 recruit in the country coming out of HS, after all. I think he dropped a bit because he didn't play that much in college (partly due to covid in 2020). His rookie numbers were pretty good, especially considering context and the rought start he got off too (i.e., the Buffalo game). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MillDa02.htm. Take away that Buffalo game, and his TD/INT ratio was 16/6 and his completion percentage is around 70. The equal of Mac Jones, basically, at least statistically. He has more arm talent than Jones, and if you look at the final four games of the season, he produced at a near-elite level. @GunnerBill, what say you about Mills?

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.