Was this the best performance from a Bills offense we've ever seen?

Draconator

My take is that Josh Allen wasn't "good" or even "great."

Josh Allen played at Hall of Fame, Superstar level, and he did so under those obscene weather conditions. It was as if nobody on the field even approached his level of pure skill and talent. He flicked his wrist on the run and made PERFECT throws. He threw fastballs for strikes when in the pocket. When he wanted to he put touch on some passes by putting a bit more air under them. 

Not enough? He ran like a combination of Thurman Thomas (in terms of seeing the hole), and a bigger, much stronger, maybe even faster Randall Cunningham. 

I could go on and on for 20 paragraphs and not run out of good things to say about this kid.

I predicted a Super Bowl win before the season and I'm not backing down 1 inch. Right here and right now, we have the best QB in the NFL!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Josh was able to convert short third down runs with sneaks, runs up the middle and sweeps.   He was able to scramble and break tackles, run with speed and break ankles of DB’s.

He was able to make check downs that went for positive yardage, medium, semi deep and deep passes.

The run game with Motor was able to convert short yardage third downs, get good chunk yardage and be Josh’s safety valve and we were also able to effectively use McKenzie as a change of pace runner.

The offensive line pass blocked and ran blocked at an elite level.

The wide receivers were able to make incredible catches with defenders draped over them.

This was perfection!

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Dawson Knox is playing well the Bills offense is impossible to stop. 

This----but also if the offensive line is clicking.   

Seeing Bates and Morse out front of Motor, with Brown pushing the edges downfield, is a thing of beauty.   

Josh getting 10 seconds to throw his first TD showed me the OL was on point.   

24 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

How throwing a 1 yard TD decreases your passing rating is literally insane.  

There are so many issues with passer rating and QBR that sometimes they cannot be used to tell the true story.  They can give impressions of performance, but considering there have been perfect passing ratings in games where the QB was worse means they should not be used for true ranking of performance.

A player like Eli got a 158.3 for a 8 for 10 game for 173 yards and 2 TDs - no way was that performance better than what JA did today, but there are some all time greats on the list.

Someone tell Matt that QBR and passer rating are not the same thing.

I was at the 51-3 Raiders game.. The only other game that compare's. That game was a lot of fun. Kept spilling my Beer getting up and cheering.. Fans around me had to have a talk with me.. SO i stopped getting Beers...

But this one was special, and surpasses it.. Wish I was there... 

4 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Yes. Last incomplete pass Allen had was at the very beginning of the 2nd qrt. So Allen almost went 3 full qrts without throwing a incomplete pass. Just remember that when you rewatch the game.

And there weren't easy throws in there.  He was handing out dimes like he was one of those change machines.  Ha

As long as we’re gushing, I’ll throw in another weird stat. The Bills ran a total 54 offensive plays and but for two missed extra points would’ve scored 49 points. Take away the final kneel downs and they came REALLY close to equaling a point per offensive play. Can’t imagine it’s ever been done before. Wild!

Last night was purely a better offensive performance. The Pats although completely outplayed were not as hapless as the Raiders were back in 1991. The Raiders were completely inept in that game and looked like a bunch of people taking a "polar bear" swim in Lake Erie on New Years day. They literally couldn't handle the cold and couldnt wait to get to the airport and home!

Well considering you can't do much better than scoring a TD on every drive, this is the best performance ever. The fact it came in a playoff game against the greatest defensive mind the game has ever known is even more incredible.

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

There have been the immediate comparisons to the 51-3 win against the Raiders.

But as a total domination, this has to top that. 7 drives, 7 TDs. 

I have to cast my vote as the best ever offensive performance ever. 

This was as good as the Bills can look on O.  

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

There have been the immediate comparisons to the 51-3 win against the Raiders.

But as a total domination, this has to top that. 7 drives, 7 TDs. 

I have to cast my vote as the best ever offensive performance ever. 

It was the only perfect offensive performance in NFL history so yes, it definitely was. Even moreso that it came against a top 5 defense, number 2 scoring defense and was against perhaps the greatest defensive coach of all time.

Edited by Big Turk

This team from the 2nd half in Tampa, has gotten stronger, confident and more physically assertive every game. Josh has ascended to be the incredible leader we hoped he would become and most physically talented QB in the sport. The game against NE will serve as a template for all teams to aspire to. It's great to be a Bills fan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.