Questions Surrounding a New Stadium in OP .

T master

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Listen if you want a dome because you don't want to embrace the elements just say it

Don't make it about being used for events all year because that's not happening... Jerry world the biggest and best dome in the world... 

Has 7 events planned for all of 2022... There aren't a lot of stadium events going on around the country... 

And there's not going to be at one in Buffalo...

It's a football stadium it should be built for the best football

all large events are at an all time low due to Covid.

7 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Carrier dome was engineered to hold a roof. Adding a replacement did not need much new structural support.

For example Highmark is an open air design and the top footprint is very wide and long and whole stadium is laid back as it does not need to support a roof. 

Domes have higher taller grade so roof is manageable for cost and engineering safety.

Study shows new Bills stadium could be engineered to hold a roof in the future by building it with support for the roof. Study says this would be about 118 million.(ironic they list same number as Carrier new roof cost if this is true) And would likely change the configuration making it taller, making supports sunk as needed for future weight support etc etc.......

More cost effective to do the roof now but Owners, State, and County, have already decided it is open air.

Even though all polls show 70 to 85% of fans want a Dome the owners and state keep saying fans want open air. Weird. Wrong statement. And depending on your opinion, dumb.

Bills roll with passing O that Allen is not good in when going against the win. Bills have best chance when Allen is at his best, which is in good weather.

Allen has had good games in adverse weather 

He hit stefon diggs 60 yards down the field in 50 mph winds.. no quarterback alive could do that besides him

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

all large events are at an all time low due to Covid.

There's not a lot of large stadium events going on pre-covid either

There's a huge difference between selling out an arena like first Niagara and A stadium like the Ralph 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Wacka said:

And the snow weight. Remember what happened in Minn.

apples and oranges. MN was fabric air supported and prone to tears from ice. They are no longer built. And the ones still in use have converted to solid roof.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Allen has had good games in adverse weather 

He hit stefon diggs 60 yards down the field in 50 mph winds.. no quarterback alive could do that besides him

wind took that ball and pushed it to Diggs left causing him to lose track as it hit his arms and he dropped it for game changing possibly wining TD on MNF vs Pats.

Edited by cba fan

3 hours ago, Baba Booey said:

Answer me this, why is the Super Bowl played down south or in a stadium with a roof? One was in New Jersey and they got lucky that it got through ok!!

Because the Super Bowl is 1000% about the NFL and it's corporate sponsors.  The sponsors, who get the lion's share of the tickets, B word when the game isn't somewhere they want to go. It's ALL about corporate hob knobbing and knob bobbing.

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

apples and oranges. MN was fabric air supported and prone to tears from ice. They are no longer built. And the ones still in use have converted to solid roof.

wind took that ball and pushed it to Diggs left causing him to lose track as it hit his arms and he dropped it for game changing possibly wining TD on MNF vs Pats.

I've explained this a thousand times why we're never going to get a dome and why it's not bad for us outside

First of all we have a quarterback who will outplay the other team's quarterback 95% of times in adverse weather.. his dual threat abilities make him almost unstoppable

Second.. a dome will just allow lesser quarterbacks to come here in the playoffs and have a great game and steal a victory.. the only fact is there's a lot of talented NFL quarterbacks and they could play the game of their life in that dome..

The chances of them coming to the Ralph in January in not good conditions and playing a great game... Are slim to none 

It's not about helping us it's about hurting them a lot more.. which is statistically proven by our 11 and 1 home record at the Ralph

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/9/2022 at 11:36 PM, Jrb1979 said:

That's at the current cheap ticket price. What happens when PSLs and higher ticket prices come into play? I'm not so sure they will fill the place when that happens. 

Bills will sell to ticket agencies which sell packages to opposing fans to fill it.

32 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Because the Super Bowl is 1000% about the NFL and it's corporate sponsors.  The sponsors, who get the lion's share of the tickets, B word when the game isn't somewhere they want to go. It's ALL about corporate hob knobbing and knob bobbing.

If it 1000% in one Superbowl it has to be 0% in next 9 to make math work.

NFL does not run on deficit spending like US government.

• Eyeroll 1

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I can guarantee you the Super Bowl isn't played in warm weather or domes to get "good football" or whatever you're implying.  It's because the corporate/NFL elite who actually attend that game want to do it somewhere warm and nice in winter.  

Period.

Why do corporations across America set up "winter meetings" on a golf course in FL?  

Same reason.

Name one cold weather city that has had. Super bowl without a dome? Beside NJ. Look at bigger pic for Better Buffalo. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/15/2022 at 3:33 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I've explained this a thousand times why we're never going to get a dome and why it's not bad for us outside

First of all we have a quarterback who will outplay the other team's quarterback 95% of times in adverse weather.. his dual threat abilities make him almost unstoppable

Second.. a dome will just allow lesser quarterbacks to come here in the playoffs and have a great game and steal a victory.. the only fact is there's a lot of talented NFL quarterbacks and they could play the game of their life in that dome..

The chances of them coming to the Ralph in January in not good conditions and playing a great game... Are slim to none 

It's not about helping us it's about hurting them a lot more.. which is statistically proven by our 11 and 1 home record at the Ralph

It won't be too long into new stadium life that Allen will not be able to run like he does now. He might only have 1 good year of running left by the time new stadium opens.

Allen passing is better in dome and all around play is better. I will bet on Allen.

Edited by cba fan

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

it wont be too long into new stadium life that Allen will not be able to run like he does now. He might only have 1 good year or running left by the new stadium opens.

Allen passing is better in dome and all around play is better. I will bet on Allen.

It's not happening it will never happen and statistics prove our home field advantage is because of conditions

Josh Allen's lost in perfect conditions.. it's not like he's automatically Mr perfect in good weather

He's undefeated at home in the Ralph in the playoffs, in the conditions.. Lamar couldn't play here neither could Mac Jones and neither could Phillip Rivers well 

It's about making them worse

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's not happening it will never happen and statistics prove our home field advantage is because of conditions

Josh Allen's lost in perfect conditions

He's undefeated at home in the Ralph in the conditions.. Lamar couldn't play here neither could Mac Jones and neither could Phillip Rivers well 

Allen and Bills lost to Colts and Pats just this year in the conditions. And played poor in other games in the conditions.

Just now, cba fan said:

Allen and Bills lost to Colts and Pats just this year in the conditions. And played poor in other games in the conditions.

We didn't play well 

The bills are 12 and 1 all time at home in the playoffs at the Ralph 

In bad conditions

When it matters most we absolutely play better than most teams

12 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I can’t  wait for the new open air stadium so we can weed out all of the babies in this fanbase 🍼 . Disgraceful. 

Yeah, so you 'paper tough guys' can go to a game in person and watch something less than pure football....so when it is snowing, or has strong winds....you get 75% of the playbook or more that can't be used and we see a bastardized version of football.  Smart, really smart...but hey, if you think it makes you tough and other people babies...then you just keep thinking that. 🤣

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, mjd1001 said:

Yeah, so you 'paper tough guys' can go to a game in person and watch something less than pure football....so when it is snowing, or has strong winds....you get 75% of the playbook or more that can't be used and we see a bastardized version of football.  Smart, really smart...but hey, if you think it makes you tough and other people babies...then you just keep thinking that. 🤣

Absolutely not going to question your fan Hood based on whether you want a dome or outdoor stadium

But I have reels of games from the 40s some from 30s.. obviously tons

from the 60s and 70s 

Pure football is and always has been played in the elements

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Absolutely not going to question your fan Hood based on whether you want a dome or outdoor stadium

from the 60s and 70s 

But it just isn't.  It doesn't matter how thing were 'done in the past', but the game played with all options open...with the players top level skill not being diminished, with the coaches having 100% of their playbook open and able to be used...simply is not in bad weather.  Everytime a game is played in bad weather, more athleticism and coaching options are taken away than are added by the conditions.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

But it just isn't.  It doesn't matter how thing were 'done in the past', but the game played with all options open...with the players top level skill not being diminished, with the coaches having 100% of their playbook open and able to be used...simply is not in bad weather.  Everytime a game is played in bad weather, more athleticism and coaching options are taken away than are added by the conditions.

That has nothing to do with what is pure or not in the game of football

What's pure in football is tackling running coaching catching and execution 

And nothing is more pure than seeing that happen to perfection like on Saturday outside in winter 

It's Pure magic which makes football the best sport in the world

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

from the 60s and 70s 

If they had the technology and financial resources to build domed stadiums in the 40's and 50's they would have.

The 'elements' are mostly sunshine and calm winds because most games are played in Sept and Oct. November games in nice climate cities are also comfortable. Bad weather games are the minority.

Every new stadium should have a retractable dome, and it should be closed only if the weather would have an extreme impact on the game.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, klos63 said:

If they had the technology and financial resources to build domed stadiums in the 40's and 50's they would have.

The 'elements' are mostly sunshine and calm winds because most games are played in Sept and Oct. November games in nice climate cities are also comfortable. Bad weather games are the minority.

Thats why dome here doesn't even make much sense 

We only have so many beautiful days a year here in Buffalo I don't want to spend my few nice Sundays in a dome... To be honest 

When it gets to December January I will brave it out

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thats why dome here doesn't even make much sense 

We only have so many beautiful days a year here in Buffalo I don't want to spend my few nice Sundays in a dome... To be honest 

When it gets to December January I will brave it out

retractable dome. Only used in the worst weather.

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That has nothing to do with what is pure or not in the game of football

What's pure in football is tackling running coaching catching and execution 

And nothing is more pure than seeing that happen to perfection like on Saturday outside in winter 

It's Pure magic which makes football the best sport in the world

Wrong.

Pure football is seeing every single thing that players and coaches are capable of doing on the field.

You say tackling, running, coaching and execution are what is pure football? Well Duh, welcome to my original point, although I think you missed a big one in their called 'passing' that in todays modern game teams kinda like to do.

In bad weather games, those things become very limited, VERY limited.  Coaches run a much different/more limited game plan, Running on a snow covered field can be 25% slower (if not more) and you can't see the players make cuts or moves as well. Passing, it can be VERY limited on a windy day.

Pure football? To me that is seeing everything that each and every player have to offer at 100% of their ability to exeucute.  I'm not sure exactly what you consider as pure football, because it appears that doesn't involve passing the ball.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, klos63 said:

retractable dome. Only used in the worst weather.

A retractable dome is yesterday's solution, and quite frankly a little used expense. It was a beautiful day in Dallas last weekend and yet they still kept the roof shut.  They now have the glazing technology to create an outdoor experience while sitting indoors. Go to Minnesota or Los Angeles.  You'll swear you're sitting outside.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Am I the only one that appreciates the low profile aesthetic of the current Highmark stadium?  Symmetrical with plenty of sunlight from all directions covering the field,  as opposed to stadiums like MetLife that stand like 30 stories high and you end up with half the field covered in shadow during day games.   Allegiant and Sofi stadiums are pretty damn impressive for domes though.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Wrong.

Pure football is seeing every single thing that players and coaches are capable of doing on the field.

You say tackling, running, coaching and execution are what is pure football? Well Duh, welcome to my original point, although I think you missed a big one in their called 'passing' that in todays modern game teams kinda like to do.

In bad weather games, those things become very limited, VERY limited.  Coaches run a much different/more limited game plan, Running on a snow covered field can be 25% slower (if not more) and you can't see the players make cuts or moves as well. Passing, it can be VERY limited on a windy day.

Pure football? To me that is seeing everything that each and every player have to offer at 100% of their ability to exeucute.  I'm not sure exactly what you consider as pure football, because it appears that doesn't involve passing the ball.

Pure football is not in a dome end of discussion

I've played coached and scouted for 30 plus years and I've never heard anybody around the game say that pure football has to be played in a dome

And Josh allen threw the ball pretty damn well Saturday night .. and I've seen a lot of quarterbacks throw well in not great conditions 

And I included catching in pure football so throwing is obviously included.. it's part of execution  in bad weather.. that's what makes it grand .. it's a beautiful sport

We just saw a perfect performance in -5°.. the weather didn't effect Josh

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I hope the old Bills fans on this board have moved away from Buffalo to a warmer climate.

When your old, living in a warmer climate can greatly increase the quality of your life 

UGA victory, Braves win. Just waiting on the Bills for a trifecta.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

A retractable dome is yesterday's solution, and quite frankly a little used expense. It was a beautiful day in Dallas last weekend and yet they still kept the roof shut.  They now have the glazing technology to create an outdoor experience while sitting indoors. Go to Minnesota or Los Angeles.  You'll swear you're sitting outside.

Exactly - we went through the retractable roofs and even in good weather they are never open.  Atlanta built that weird roof and it is always closed.  Dallas, Houston, Indy - are they ever open for a game.

Retractable roof is just a waste.  The new material is so much better and let’s in natural light.  Give me that 100%.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Exactly - we went through the retractable roofs and even in good weather they are never open.  Atlanta built that weird roof and it is always closed.  Dallas, Houston, Indy - are they ever open for a game.

Retractable roof is just a waste.  The new material is so much better and let’s in natural light.  Give me that 100%.

And you'll recall the NFL went through the teflon dome phase (Pontiac Dome, Metrodome, Carrier Dome). That was until the Metrodome failed under a heavy snow load.

• Like (+1) 1

It's becoming evident to me that this discussion is solely about getting old. I'm sorry we're all getting old. You probably can't eat all the delicious, greasy food that you could decades ago. Your doctor and wife won't let you. You certainly can't pound booze all night and jump out of bed the next day like you did in your 20's. And maybe outdoor January football in Orchard Park is just another casualty of war. Society in general will try to accommodate you as much as possible, but we're not building a stadium tailored to your needs that you won't even be alive for in 15-20 years.

We may have just saw the greatest performance by a BIlls' QB in franchise history last week. Your dome arguments have more holes than the Patriots defense.

You're not getting a dome. You're not. You can choose to whine about until you die, or just accept reality and admit you might not be able to enjoy some things you did years ago.

de26c-16424564109261-1920.jpg

“It is my single favorite thing I’ve maybe ever seen an athlete do”

-Jim Nantz on a shirtless Ryan Fitzpatrick

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, QCity said:

It's becoming evident to me that this discussion is solely about getting old. I'm sorry we're all getting old. You probably can't eat all the delicious, greasy food that you could decades ago. Your doctor and wife won't let you. You certainly can't pound booze all night and jump out of bed the next day like you did in your 20's. And maybe outdoor January football in Orchard Park is just another casualty of war. Society in general will try to accommodate you as much as possible, but we're not building a stadium tailored to your needs that you won't even be alive for in 15-20 years.

We may have just saw the greatest performance by a BIlls' QB in franchise history last week. Your dome arguments have more holes than the Patriots defense.

You're not getting a dome. You're not. You can choose to whine about until you die, or just accept reality and admit you might not be able to enjoy some things you did years ago.

de26c-16424564109261-1920.jpg

“It is my single favorite thing I’ve maybe ever seen an athlete do”

-Jim Nantz on a shirtless Ryan Fitzpatrick

What a dick you are.  I don't live in Buffalo anymore so your argument means nothing to me personally. It's not about comfort for fans, it's about not having the game affected by the weather.  The Colts snow game, while fun, was awful. Great to win, horrible to lose in those conditions. A loss there and no playoffs.  Same with the windy NE game. That could have been a critical loss. Any fan knows it's not about the temperature but the wind.

You make a case about ageism that doesn't exist here. It's about weather adversely affecting the game. 

Yes, me and a bunch of others on this site may not be around in 20 years, but that's not the point either. 

21 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

When I was watching the Rams game I noticed the flags on the goalposts blowing in the breeze and said "wait, don't they have a dome?" 

As anti-dome as I am, something like that would be pretty cool, but it's way too expensive for the Bills to absorb. We would get an airplane hangar that looks and feels awful due to the cost, IMO anyway. 

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

When I was watching the Rams game I noticed the flags on the goalposts blowing in the breeze and said "wait, don't they have a dome?" 

As anti-dome as I am, something like that would be pretty cool, but it's way too expensive for the Bills to absorb. We would get an airplane hangar that looks and feels awful due to the cost, IMO anyway. 

They have a roof, but the stadium is not enclosed. It’s open air. 

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

What a dick you are.  I don't live in Buffalo anymore so your argument means nothing to me personally. It's not about comfort for fans, it's about not having the game affected by the weather.  The Colts snow game, while fun, was awful. Great to win, horrible to lose in those conditions. A loss there and no playoffs.  Same with the windy NE game. That could have been a critical loss. Any fan knows it's not about the temperature but the wind.

You make a case about ageism that doesn't exist here. It's about weather adversely affecting the game. 

Yes, me and a bunch of others on this site may not be around in 20 years, but that's not the point either. 

You're not being honest with yourself. It's all about comfort for the fans. And the age argument exists, evidenced by the continuous posts in this thread alone from older fans who don't want to sit in the elements anymore.

This is not about the game or the players, for multiple reasons, but the mere truth is that this game has always been played outdoors where we've witnessed the greatest players thrive and break records. We just witnessed the most perfect offensive game in NFL history in an outdoor stadium. We've recorded the loudest crowd decibel levels in outdoor stadiums. And these events will continue to take place in outdoor stadiums.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2022 at 2:06 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I agree with this sentiment.   If you're building a roof over your stadium just make it stationary and use the translucent roof tiles.   I'm not really a fan of the roll out grass fields in the dome stadiums either.   If you want a dome for your team just go with turf.   

On 1/20/2022 at 1:54 PM, mjd1001 said:

Wrong.

I get your point.  You are just wrong.  Move to LA.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, T master said:

With all the talk of a new stadium coming to OP in the not to distant future and all that comes with it i was wondering a couple of things about the build .

I watched a piece on Buffalo Bills .com that showed the room that controls the big screens at the field now & seeing the recent renovations at the stadium was wondering if any of that newer equipment might be taken from the old stadium & used in the new one to off set some of the pricing of the new build or will they just junk that & go with all brand new in the box stuff ?

I know that the things that have been there for the entirety or the life of the stadium will be tossed but i would think that there may be some things that could do the same job especially if it is newer equipment but knowing how today's world works with tech changing so fast i'm not real sure if it will be used.

The stadium now has the 2 big screens at the one end of the field and they were recently upgraded couldn't they be used ? Then there may be some of the vendors equipment that if not very old that could be moved to the new stadium like the lights that keep food warm & such .

Then there are things like the goal posts & other stuff used to put on the on field presentation and the benches with the helmet warmers & all that kind of stuff .

I know there will be those that say that this is a brand new stadium & would want all brand new gear to go with it but was just wondering if this is even a consideration at all to possibly curb a small amount of the over all cost rather than just demoing the entire thing & putting it in a land fill ...

On 1/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, T master said:

With all the talk of a new stadium coming to OP in the not to distant future and all that comes with it i was wondering a couple of things about the build .

I watched a piece on Buffalo Bills .com that showed the room that controls the big screens at the field now & seeing the recent renovations at the stadium was wondering if any of that newer equipment might be taken from the old stadium & used in the new one to off set some of the pricing of the new build or will they just junk that & go with all brand new in the box stuff ?

I know that the things that have been there for the entirety or the life of the stadium will be tossed but i would think that there may be some things that could do the same job especially if it is newer equipment but knowing how today's world works with tech changing so fast i'm not real sure if it will be used.

The stadium now has the 2 big screens at the one end of the field and they were recently upgraded couldn't they be used ? Then there may be some of the vendors equipment that if not very old that could be moved to the new stadium like the lights that keep food warm & such .

Then there are things like the goal posts & other stuff used to put on the on field presentation and the benches with the helmet warmers & all that kind of stuff .

I know there will be those that say that this is a brand new stadium & would want all brand new gear to go with it but was just wondering if this is even a consideration at all to possibly curb a small amount of the over all cost rather than just demoing the entire thing & putting it in a land fill ...

This sounds so Buffalo. Let’s be thrifty and repurpose our old crap!! It still has a few good years. 

when they build a new stadium, they’re not going to re-use old video screens and piss troughs from Rich Stadium days. 

anything that can be re-used will likely be auctioned off or donated for future use by a small college or high school. And they’ll probably have to uninstall, transport, and re-install at their own expense before the stadium is imploded.  

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You're not being honest with yourself. It's all about comfort for the fans. And the age argument exists, evidenced by the continuous posts in this thread alone from older fans who don't want to sit in the elements anymore.

This is not about the game or the players, for multiple reasons, but the mere truth is that this game has always been played outdoors where we've witnessed the greatest players thrive and break records. We just witnessed the most perfect offensive game in NFL history in an outdoor stadium. We've recorded the loudest crowd decibel levels in outdoor stadiums. And these events will continue to take place in outdoor stadiums.

My position on a stadium and all new stadiums is retractable dome, and ONLY closed for real insane weather. Like when the game is delayed for lightening, or 50 mph winds. Games like last week should be outdoors. 

And he was being a dick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.