Henry looks pretty good here

Bruce Smith

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Titans are the least threatening team.

If the Titans get a healthy Derrick Henry with fresh legs at the start of the playoffs, I would be worried. 

It's a huge if though, I'm not sold on a 240 pound man healing a foot that quickly to where he can stop/cut/run at 100%. 

Running in practice and game time cuts are 2 completely different things.

• Haha (+1) 1

Funny thing is, Titans have averaged the same YPC and averaged more yards rushing per game without Henry.

Proof no matter how good the RB is, it's not worth paying much since other players can fill in the same.

Edited by Big Turk

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Funny thing is, Titans have averaged the same YPC and averaged more yards rushing per game without Henry.

Proof no matter how good the RB is, it's not worth paying much since other players can fill in the same.

In fairness initially they struggled with AP and McNicol. It is only once they found Foreman who is a similar style of runner that their run game rebounded. 

Not that this completely contradicts your point but I think the truth is somewhere between "just plug any running back in" and "Henry is irreplaceable". 

I can't stand the guy because he's a Titan (hate that team), but Henry really is one of the true workout warriors of the NFL.

all these players train hard, but guys like him take it to the next level and constantly hire people and seek out new and better ways to train.  He's probably very conscious of all of his measurable numbers, as well as mobility, reaction time, and odd little things like neck hand and foot fitness. 

Brady is one of those guys too, and it's paid off for him.  The LB/DE Pitts had back in the day, Harrison, was big on it too.  went from getting gut to NFL DMVP.  of course, there are questions about PEDs and such, but  assuming they know how to skirt protocols, that only makes them better players.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Just remember in our game, Henry was running under 3 yards a carry until the big run.  In the past couple of years we held him to 80+ in one game and 50+ in another.  The Bills aren’t horrible against the Titans.

KC is the team that concerns me as they are not the same team we beat in October.

Wait, did we play the Royals in October?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.