Super WC weekend Playoff Game 1 — NE* at Buffalo. Are you worried?

Playoff Game 1 is looking to be NE* at Buffalo.  

219 members have voted

1. 1. What is your mindset. Are you worried?

• Hell No! The Bills own the East!!!
    • Belicheat & Jones should be feared

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This thread is a week early. There is a better chance Buffalo draws the field (any other team) over NE.

i just came in here to add this.  Bengals loss (unlikely depending on resting starters) or Patriots loss (pretty unlikely) would both get us an opponent other than NE.  Either of those two things happening though is a tossup.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It wouldn't be a huge upset. 

yea the odds of someone getting upset between the bengals and pats seems 50/50 to me though.  assuming that the bengals will rest some starters probably after halftime.  I think that game is nearly meaningless for them.  joe burrow had a minor knee injury last week too so im sure theyll be extra cautious.  i think mixon is on the covid list also as well as some other guys

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

i just came in here to add this.  Bengals loss (unlikely depending on resting starters) or Patriots loss (pretty unlikely) would both get us an opponent other than NE.  Either of those two things happening though is a tossup.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/billsstandings.html

Right now the Bills have a 34% chance that they'll play the Patriots in round 1.  That means there's a 66.% chance we will NOT play the Patriots.

Anyone other than the Patriots is our most likely opponent at this moment.

At this moment anywhere from the 2-7 seed is possible for us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/billsstandings.html

Right now the Bills have a 34% chance that they'll play the Patriots in round 1.  That means there's a 66.% chance we will NOT play the Patriots.

Anyone other than the Patriots is our most likely opponent at this moment.

At this moment anywhere from the 2-7 seed is possible for us.

Very much looking like it won’t be New England based on what’s going on with the bengals….burrow not playing and a bunch of guys on the Covid list.  And a healthy case keenum starting for the browns is gonna be more effective than injury riddled baker has been.  My money is on us seeing the colts or raiders because we’re gonna jump up to the 3 seed.  A lot riding on that chargers raiders game for everyone. If the bengals lose the pats will most likely see them in the playoffs as they’re pretty much locked in to the 5 seed and playing whoever the 4 seed ends up being…unless we blow it against the jets but at that point who cares who we play in the playoffs 😂

Long shot scenario I would love is pats lose to Miami and the raiders win and bengals win…NE would have to go to KC and we end up with a home game against the raiders.  Cincy would likely knock off the colts for us then we’d get a hopefully Derrick Henry-less titans in round 2 after beating the raiders and kc would get a rematch with Cincy

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Look at you participating!!!

(even if it was to say it’s premature)

As to a week early

The first Pats at Bills matchup had at least 5 threads that were 2 to 3 weeks early.  1 of which dated to September

its a topic of discussion many many people are discussing 

Oh I get it... you just wanted to try to beat everyone else to the punch.  A little narcissistic, but fine.

Regardless, your thread title is inaccurate so you might wanna change it.  Right now we have a 34% chance of playing them in round 1.

It's hard to say right now because the results of 3 games play into it, and they could go either way IMO.

You have Bengals/Browns, Chargers/Raiders, and Patriots/Dolphins.

Various permutations there could have us playing Raiders, Patriots, or Colts.

And it's not clear who is going to win those 3 games IMO.

It will be fun seeing how these games all play out and what it means for our playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's hard to say right now because the results of 3 games play into it, and they could go either way IMO.

You have Bengals/Browns, Chargers/Raiders, and Patriots/Dolphins.

Various permutations there could have us playing Raiders, Patriots, or Colts.

And it's not clear who is going to win those 3 games IMO.

It will be fun seeing how these games all play out and what it means for our playoff game.

Exactly.  That is also what makes being a sports fan so fun.  I don't get why fans don't just watch the games and see what happens

like we use to do.

I don't care what happens with pats playoffs I'm just glad Mac Jones joined a list of 12 rookies who played 10+ games to make the playoffs. Dak, big Ben, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, joe flaco, dieter Brock, rg3, Andy Dalton, Andrew luck, Kyle Orton,  mark Sanchez and bernie kosar.

4 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

I don't care what happens with pats playoffs I'm just glad Mac Jones joined a list of 12 rookies who played 10+ games to make the playoffs. Dak, big Ben, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, joe flaco, dieter Brock, rg3, Andy Dalton, Andrew luck, Kyle Orton,  mark Sanchez and bernie kosar.

lol 

that list doesn’t really help.  

you got stars and

you got JAG’s 

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

With Cinci resting their starters, it’s much more likely the Bills end up with the Colts, Chiefs,  whomever in the Title game draw

Pretty much this.  Looks like we’re going to be 3 seed probably playing Colts in 1st round unless Pats lose to the fish.  Likely would play chiefs in Divisonal round. 

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

With Cinci resting their starters, it’s much more likely the Bills end up with the Colts, Chiefs,  whomever in the Title game draw

that is true. 

but the Browns will also play a backup QB 

while Baker dos early spring cleaning 🧽 commercials.  

As I stated at the OP. 

at that time most scenarios pointed to NE @Buff.  

then upsets happened.  

On 1/5/2022 at 11:09 AM, ScottLaw said:

I’d be surprised if Pats lose to Miami. 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It wouldn't be a huge upset. 

I think it would be a pretty big one.  Miami just had the ultimate letdown after a big build up and the Pats have a lot to play for.  Not saying it can't happen but this is more of an 80/20 matchup than a 60/40 one in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I think it would be a pretty big one.  Miami just had the ultimate letdown after a big build up and the Pats have a lot to play for.  Not saying it can't happen but this is more of an 80/20 matchup than a 60/40 one in my opinion.

I mean I think NE should be favored but a rookie QB vs a top defense on the road is never a sure thing.

Regardless of the matchup I think what will be key is the Bills playing downhill and getting off to a fast start especially against the Pats or Colts to Jones/Wentz to beat them.

Indy is the only matchup where I wouldn't be surprised if they are favored or pickem line because they are just a bad matchup for this team and this was true last year in the playoffs as well in a game we were fortunate to win.

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I heard on WGR that when the Belichick has faced a team for the 3rd time in the same year (3rd being the playoffs) he is 1-2 in that game.

they do say It’s hard to beat a team 3 times in a season (if you have to ask…) 

though.  I can see it happening 

19 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

pretty mediocre in road playoff games too 

Tua is 2-0 against the Pats.   Lets go Tua!!

I was watching NFLN and I heard that IF 

KC, Tenny, Indy, Bills and Miami all lose lose

NE*** gets the 1 seed. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

NE*** gets the 1 seed. 

Yep, there is still a path for NE to be the 1 seed.

Don't hold your breath though.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

NE*** gets the 1 seed. 

and if I hit 6 numbers I win Powerball

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

NE*** gets the 1 seed. 

I would be shocked if KC doesn't beat DEN tomorrow. I think the game will also be a blowout.

• Like (+1) 1

At first I was concerned. But with the exception of the Raiders it’s our most favorable match up.

All the Pats fans want revenge and suggest a match up with the Bills is ideal for them. Hoody less god like on the road in playoffs and we are the more talented team with better QB. 

Also sets up a potential second round battle with Titans and I’ll take that. If Colts go to KC and knock off Chiefs we could actually host AFC championship game. 

Lot of variables but Pats Bills likely first round I’ll take it. 

• SlimShady'sSpaceForce changed the title to Super WC weekend Playoff Game 1 — NE* at Buffalo. Are you worried?
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.