It’s the end of the year and no new stadium deal has been reached. Cause for concern?

Logic

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Here's the thing 

Clowns(not you) have been talking bills relocation for 25 plus years.. it wasn't feasible then

And it's not now

The league learned the mistake of ripping a team from a Blue collar city like Cleveland.. a small City with passionate fans

Journalists and the like will always speculate.. but there are multiple teams that would relocate before the bills  

We are an AFL original. And our fans are recognized as some of the most passionate in the game 

All of that would be destroyed if the bills were moved.. and I don't think that's something the NFL, Terry pegula or Roger wants

We also give the NFL some of its Best ratings in United States

Something the league also probably doesn't want to lose.. because if we leave those ratings are gone

Exactly - they act like every team has to be in a huge market (there’s not alot of them to begin with )

also bills fanbase travels well and is spread out. 

pegulas would also be required to sell the sabres which I don’t see terry doing 

they are playing hardball trying to get the best deal for there business 

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Here's the thing 

Clowns(not you) have been talking bills relocation for 25 plus years.. it wasn't feasible then

And it's not now

The league learned the mistake of ripping a team from a Blue collar city like Cleveland.. a small City with passionate fans

Journalists and the like will always speculate.. but there are multiple teams that would relocate before the bills  

We are an AFL original. And our fans are recognized as some of the most passionate in the game 

All of that would be destroyed if the bills were moved.. and I don't think that's something the NFL, Terry pegula or Roger wants

We also give the NFL some of its Best ratings in United States

Something the league also probably doesn't want to lose.. because if we leave those ratings are gone

Agree with all of this. Another thing: Terry Pegula’s favorite team, the Buffalo Sabres, automatically become utterly unviable in Buffalo if he remains the owner of them.

The narrative on all sides seems to be optimistic and non-adversarial.  It started out with a little posturing, which is when we heard the "end of year" thing.  

I am about zero alarmed.  We will know well before relocation is a real possibility.  In guessing a deal is announced during the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So what exactly is the "deal" ?

Were the numbers published on:

- The cost to taxpayers ? How much will taxes go up ?

- The cost of PSLs ? Some PSLs for other stadiums can run as 30-40k per seat

- The cost of season tickets ? By now we know that PSLs and season tickets are 2 different things

I'm sorry I missed the last 45 page thread on the subject 

The tax paying citizens of Buffalo and WNY have a right to know

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

So what exactly is the "deal" ?

Were the numbers published on:

- The cost to taxpayers ? How much will taxes go up ?

- The cost of PSLs ? Some PSLs for other stadiums can run as 30-40k per seat

- The cost of season tickets ? By now we know that PSLs and season tickets are 2 different things

I'm sorry I missed the last 45 page thread on the subject 

The tax paying citizens of Buffalo and WNY have a right to know

It's only a guess but when this new stadium is built a lot of people will be priced out of going. Between PSLs and the price of season tickets many will no longer be able to afford going. 

21 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

No. /close thread

Why do people on this forum say this?

”Close thread”?

I frequent several forums and this is the only forum that I see it said often.

Do you feel so entitled that only your opinion or thought should be elicited?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair it's the organizations involved own fault for putting out a date like that.

Agreed.

I fail to understand what Tim Graham did wrong here.

The organization set a date and specifically said you “should be worried” if we reach that date without a deal.

The date arrives, there is no deal, we were told to be worried if this happen, and Tim Graham points it out.

What are people snarking about?

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It's only a guess but when this new stadium is built a lot of people will be priced out of going. Between PSLs and the price of season tickets many will no longer be able to afford going. 

This is true. I'm also surprised they're dropping the capacity so much from 71 to 60k? 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is true. I'm also surprised they're dropping the capacity so much from 71 to 60k? 

No surprise at all. Fewer seats = more demand. This was expected all along. 

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Agreed.

I fail to understand what Tim Graham did wrong here.

The organization set a date and specifically said you “should be worried” if we reach that date without a deal.

The date arrives, there is no deal, we were told to be worried if this happen, and Tim Graham points it out.

What are people snarking about?

He took posturing and negotiating through the media at face value. 

42 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

This has been mentioned in other threads but Bills club seats already have PSLs. Certainly, the PSL part of the ticket will be higher with a new stadium but club seat occupancy seems rather popular and not depressed due to PSLs. Regular seating may also have PSLs in the new stadium. Some season ticket holders will be priced out but others will take their place…especially if the Bills are winning. The Bills have a number of season ticket holders, myself included, that do not live near Buffalo. The local per capita income may not be the only basis for ticket demand.

22 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

22 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Just kinda sucks a little that the Bills will have the lowest capacity in the NFL.  Soldier field is 61, 500.  At least I'm warming up to an open stadium as long as they figure out a way to minimize the wind.

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just kinda sucks a little that the Bills will have the lowest capacity in the NFL.  Soldier field is 61, 500.  At least I'm warming up to an open stadium as long as they figure out a way to minimize the wind.

My guess is with lower capacity they can get away with upping the average ticket price from $82 to closer to $120 or more. With the team winning it will be an easy sell. 

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Buffalo is one of the smallest markets in the NFL , so the new capacity is much more in line with the area. 61.5k for Soldier Field and CHI ha millions more population than Buffalo. As for the wind , most of the issues stem from the sunken design of the lower bowl in OP. It’s a safe bet that won’t be incorporated in the new layout. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

This has been mentioned in other threads but Bills club seats already have PSLs. Certainly, the PSL part of the ticket will be higher with a new stadium but club seat occupancy seems rather popular and not depressed due to PSLs. Regular seating may also have PSLs in the new stadium. Some season ticket holders will be priced out but others will take their place…especially if the Bills are winning. The Bills have a number of season ticket holders, myself included, that do not live near Buffalo. The local per capita income may not be the only basis for ticket demand.

Didn't I read a story about Bills not selling season tickets to people outside of WNY zip codes?

I know part of it was a deal to sell unsold tickets to travel agency (scalper) who was paying more than face.

5 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

and, how’s that new Peace Bridge coming along?

It is on schedule as soon as that mega store fishing thing is demolished.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Buffalo is one of the smallest markets in the NFL , so the new capacity is much more in line with the area. 61.5k for Soldier Field and CHI ha millions more population than Buffalo. As for the wind , most of the issues stem from the sunken design of the lower bowl in OP. It’s a safe bet that won’t be incorporated in the new layout. 

There are two causes - sunken design and stadium needed to be rotated from original design.  Have one end open also contributed to issue.

A friend of mine who was an architect was given opportunities to provide some design ideas to Bills.

One was open roof one with pointed curved pillars (they looked like claws to me) around it and roof over spectators. 

It was designed so snow would roll off roof to piles on ground.

Beautiful stadium.

He died from brain cancer.  Before he died he designed and got to see "Buffalo Wings' expansion of Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, my Bills bar.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Market size is not why they are reducing capacity.

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Didn't I read a story about Bills not selling season tickets to people outside of WNY zip codes?

200 miles. If I recall correctly.

Edited by Einstein
Edited because this ridiculous forum software has no spacing/padding guidelines. Simple CSS would fix it.

45 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There are two causes - sunken design and stadium needed to be rotated from original design.  Have one end open also contributed to issue.

A friend of mine who was an architect was given opportunities to provide some design ideas to Bills.

One was open roof one with pointed curved pillars (they looked like claws to me) around it and roof over spectators. 

It was designed so snow would roll off roof to piles on ground.

Beautiful stadium.

He died from brain cancer.  Before he died he designed and got to see "Buffalo Wings' expansion of Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, my Bills bar.

Great place.. was there once.. you do feel you are in Buffalo.. the bar feel.. sorry about your friend. Glad he got to experience Jimmy's 

13 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Great place.. was there once.. you do feel you are in Buffalo.. the bar feel.. sorry about your friend. Glad he got to experience Jimmy's 

Uncle Dave semi-retired and for last 22 years he decorated Jimmy's for games.

No one does it now and I know it is a new place with expanded kitchen, outdoor bar with fireplace, etc. but what I miss most was his decorating.

I gave him a number of items to use.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I know part of it was a deal to sell unsold tickets to travel agency (scalper) who was paying more than face.

I believe that is true for new season ticket holders. Those that were season ticket holders before this went into effect were grandfathered…and there are a significant number. I expect we would be grandfathered into the new stadium as well…or they may drop that requirement.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Market size is not why they are reducing capacity.

I’m aware of that , Einstein. Never said it was. I mentioned the reason further up thread.This was a response to a post expressing disappointment at the size of the stadium and a comparison. To Chicago, which has a much larger population. Cheers 🍺 

I doubt a deal will be reached in an election year.  

This is an easy yes for us Bills fans but it's a hot potato for a candidate, especially in this  unstable economy with inflation, and possibly a recession on the horizon. 

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Why do people on this forum say this?

”Close thread”?

I frequent several forums and this is the only forum that I see it said often.

Do you feel so entitled that only your opinion or thought should be elicited?

Yes /close thread

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.