AFC Playoff pic has 3 AFCE Teams in..

PatsFanNH

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh the inevitable Pats fan whining.    EVERY team in the NFL has had a major upset this year, a blown game.  This mentality that the Pats are invincible  or immortal is tiresome at best.

Just watch their QB play.  Invincible and immortal are no longer allowed in the same sentence as patriots.  Unless, it’s a patriot fan talking about josh Allen. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Aren’t the Raiders eliminated from the Playoffs?? 

Nope raiders can win out and get in over the pats actually…I think that’s the scenario.  Miami wins out and LV wins out and the pats get bounced and it’s LV-Indy-Miami as wildcards.  slightly more likely now that wentz will be out this week. They could get in over Miami too it looks like if pats win in week 18.  Not sure if just winning out gets them in though 

update: it does lol week 18 setting up to be utter chaos.  Assuming the raiders beat the colts without wentz but that may not be the case.  Pretty much every afc team. Would have something to play for 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

57 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. KC

2. Titans

3. Cincy

4. Bills

5. Indy

6. NE

7. Miami

So much for the AFC East being an easy division.   I think KC will keep first where do you think your Bills finish? I have my Pats staying at 6 since Indy isn’t losing to either LV or the Jags.

Not sure it disputes that.  Both the AFC West and north have 4 good teams where the East has three plus the Jets.   We also played the AFC south which has two week teams in it while the West and North played eachother.  We also played the NFC South which is one of the weaker divisions behind only the NFC North.  Certainly not the strongest.

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

That opening day loss is going to haunt us Pats fans. Wasn’t for that blown game we are still in control of the East ugh (lol I know it happened but you know what I mean by the frustration.. a game you lost that you know they should have won.)

A win over Jacksonville pretty much locks the pats a spot 6 or 7 even if lose week 18

Edited by Jeffbigalls

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think that if Miami can get an early lead and make McCorkle actually try to push the ball down the field, that defense will make his life miserable.

The exact same thing could be said of the Dolphins, though. If the Pats get an early lead, the Dolphins don't have the horses on offense to bring them back.

Should be an interesting game. They are similar teams except the Dolphins have a bad oline while the Pats have a good oline. Dolphins have better receivers, though.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

The exact same thing could be said of the Dolphins, though. If the Pats get an early lead, the Dolphins don't have the horses on offense to bring them back.

Should be an interesting game. They are similar teams except the Dolphins have a bad oline while the Pats have a good oline. Dolphins have better receivers, though.

Would be nice if it works out to where they are playing for last wildcard win and you're in. 

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. KC

2. Titans

3. Cincy

4. Bills

5. Indy

6. NE

7. Miami

So much for the AFC East HAVING  an easy SCHEDULE.   I think KC will keep first where do you think your Bills finish? I have my Pats staying at 6 since Indy isn’t losing to either LV or the Jags.

FIFY 

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I tried to tell people that Miami was pretty good and most people didn’t believe me 😂 I’m gonna play with the playoff machine instead of working to see where the bills end up lol 

They aren't though... Miami is the best team to play b.c they aren't good. 

Edited by TBBills

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

They have an excellent defense and a dangerous WR in Waddle and would be the favorite in the East if they got Watson

You are fooled but then again your team cannot beat the Dolphins so I'm not surprised.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

Yea maybe you guys since you cannot beat them.

We split last year with them, and may just split again this year. Your poor uneducated narrative is just that. You put Watson an elite QB on that team and they are dangerous.. I hope we never find out.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

We split last year with them, and may just split again this year. Your poor uneducated narrative is just that. You put Watson an elite QB on that team and they are dangerous.. I hope we never find out.

The best part of this is you Hate the Bills so much you are praying for Watson to be on the dolphins. The only problem is only your team would suffer. 

"HEY MAN your team wouldn't be so hot if "insert stupid hypothetical""

Edited by TBBills

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They have an excellent defense and a dangerous WR in Waddle and would be the favorite in the East if they got Watson

That's what they said the last 4 times Bills were next on the schedule to play them. And that hasn't been the case against Bills. I mean Bills drop 40-50 points on them. Lowest was 2nd game this season where Bills scored 28 ( I believe).

For some reason Josh and Bills offense makes that Fins D not so excellent...lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

A win over Jacksonville pretty much locks the pats a spot 6 or 7 even if lose week 18

this is only true if Miami doesn’t win out. The first tiebreaker is divisional head to head so for example

Patriots 10-7

Dolphins 10-7

LV or whomever 10-7

Since the Dolphins went 2-0 against the Patriots it would eliminate them even if they have a better conference record than LV or whomever the 3rd team is. 

Dolphins in

LV in

Pats out 

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hard to blame the refs for the jags game that’s a game we easily should’ve won regardless.  That bucs game was total BS though

Doesn't matter if we should have won, because we would have won.  People forget about that game as refball because we played poorly and the penalties were repeated small ones like false starts, rather than headliners like pass interference.

55 minutes ago, TBBills said:

The best part of this is you Hate the Bills so much you are praying for Watson to be on the dolphins. The only problem is only your team would suffer. 

"HEY MAN your team wouldn't be so hot if "insert stupid hypothetical""

Wth? I clearly said I hope we never find out.  Your delusional thinking your Bills are so “hot” right now I would take the colts over the Bills in the first round..  that’s not Bills hate that’s looking at the two teams and seeing the Colts are the worst matchup for the Bills. 

57 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

That's what they said the last 4 times Bills were next on the schedule to play them. And that hasn't been the case against Bills. I mean Bills drop 40-50 points on them. Lowest was 2nd game this season where Bills scored 28 ( I believe).

For some reason Josh and Bills offense makes that Fins D not so excellent...lol

True, but you add an elite QB on the other side, and things can change quickly.. like I said I wouldn’t be shocked if they were favored to win the division then.. Watson is light years better thanTua.

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Colts might lose this weekend with their backup QB...would prefer not to see them again in the first round.

may be they will drop down to #7 and go to Nashville for their WC!

Just now, ganesh said:

may be they will drop down to #7 and go to Nashville for their WC!

At the end we need to take care of business first....wins against the birds and the Jets in our backyard. 

25 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wth? I clearly said I hope we never find out.  Your delusional thinking your Bills are so “hot” right now I would take the colts over the Bills in the first round..  that’s not Bills hate that’s looking at the two teams and seeing the Colts are the worst matchup for the Bills. 

True, but you add an elite QB on the other side, and things can change quickly.. like I said I wouldn’t be shocked if they were favored to win the division then.. Watson is light years better thanTua.

Yeah a QB like Watson would help them for sure. But I was responding to your comment about their D being excellent.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Steelers have an amazing D when healthy.  That loss was only shocking because Big Ben somehow scored on your D.  The Steelers will stink next year unless they get a top notch QB in FA this year.

what is amazing about the Steelers is that they actually have a plausible path to the playoffs and a path to host a playoff game as a 4 seed still!

They need to beat both cleveland and Baltimore (which they have already done this year). And cincy has to lose to KC and cleveland (cincy was blown out by cleveland earlier this year, so, again, plausible). 

If that plays out, there is a good chance New England goes to Pittsburgh. Assuming Watt is healthy, I would not like that matchup if I were you. 

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

That opening day loss is going to haunt us Pats fans. Wasn’t for that blown game we are still in control of the East ugh (lol I know it happened but you know what I mean by the frustration.. a game you lost that you know they should have won.)

I see the Bills in 3rd hosting at least one game at home.

Speaking of home, what happened the Pats at home this year? They're gonna finish under 500 at Gillette. What's your take?

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what is amazing about the Steelers is that they actually have a plausible path to the playoffs and a path to host a playoff game as a 4 seed still!

They need to beat both cleveland and Baltimore (which they have already done this year). And cincy has to lose to KC and cleveland (cincy was blown out by cleveland earlier this year, so, again, plausible). 

If that plays out, there is a good chance New England goes to Pittsburgh. Assuming Watt is healthy, I would not like that matchup if I were you. 

I would, their O isn’t very good and I like our D against Big Ben. The Pats would run a ton and Jones be told take a sack over a TO..  I could see them beating the Steelers, I also see then beating the Bengals because of their inexperience QB and Coach.. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I see the Bills in 3rd hosting at least one game at home.

Speaking of home, what happened the Pats at home this year? They're gonna finish under 500 at Gillette. What's your take?

Early games against Miami, Tampa, and a healthy NO and Dallas… all good games but NO, and well the Miami game really stung in hind site

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

You were the delusional one thinking your Patriots were anything special.

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You were the delusional one thinking your Patriots were anything special.

Again, I had them between 10-11 wins at the beginning of the year. I think you called me worse than delusional.. and said they be lucky win 5. I already knew my team needed more be a SB contender even if they had won Sunday.  The difference is my pats have met my expectations, I had over estimated how many wins the Bills would have. I mean you lose 1 game and the Pats win out your a 7th seed.. I had you guys fighting for the 1 seed. 

• Disagree 2

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again, I had them between 10-11 wins at the beginning of the year. I think you called me worse than delusional.. and said they be lucky win 5. I already knew my team needed more be a SB contender even if they had won Sunday.  The difference is my pats have met my expectations, I had over estimated how many wins the Bills would have. I mean you lose 1 game and the Pats win out your a 7th seed.. I had you guys fighting for the 1 seed. 

The Pats don’t have a good QB. This is as good as Jones will ever get physically. BB doesn’t have the same culture he had with Tom there. If I believe the narrative coming out of Pats Nation, it’s that they came out flat against Indy and Buffalo. Heck Jones even said they didn’t have a great week of practice leading up to the Colts game. Then they came out and got beat down by the Bills. Would that have happened for the 20 years Brady was there? Nope. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The Pats don’t have a good QB. This is as good as Jones will ever get physically. BB doesn’t have the same culture he had with Tom there. If I believe the narrative coming out of Pats Nation, it’s that they came out flat against Indy and Buffalo. Heck Jones even said they didn’t have a great week of practice leading up to the Colts game. Then they came out and got beat down by the Bills. Would that have happened for the 20 years Brady was there? Nope. 

Again someone Saying something like a  fact which is only an opinion. No one knows how good Jones is going to be or if he will improve physically.. the Pats came out flat against a hyped up Indy, the D played like crap against Buffalo.  Yet amazingly in both games the Pats were in it till the end..  

Also your memory must be foggy, Brady in year 2 hit a snag too, and the Pats failed make the playoffs at 9-7.. let’s not forget he played 2 less regular season games..  so Yes this could happen to a YOUNG Brady.. what matters is how he reacts and adapts. 

• Disagree 1

15 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

this is only true if Miami doesn’t win out. The first tiebreaker is divisional head to head so for example

Patriots 10-7

Dolphins 10-7

LV or whomever 10-7

Since the Dolphins went 2-0 against the Patriots it would eliminate them even if they have a better conference record than LV or whomever the 3rd team is. 

Dolphins in

LV in

Pats out 

Pats clinch with win and LV loss , or Miami loss 

While the pats have lost 6 games, only 3 have been within the conference

Surprisingly new england, Cincy and Indy have had the best marks.against AFC opponents at 7-3

For this week I'd like to see if Cooper kupp can move into 2nd on the recieving yards in a season list

And I'd like to see how Ben will play in likley his last game at hienz field against the team he has owned. 

1 hour ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Pats clinch with win and LV loss , or Miami loss 

right they have to have Miami lose which is what I'm saying. If Miami doesn't lose and goes 10-7 and the Patriots also go 10-7, the Patriots will be 0-2 vs Miami and that is the first tiebreaker in a multi team(3 or more) tiebreaker so yes in a two team scenario(Miami, Patriots) where they are tied- both teams would get in. Miami would be the 6 and the Pats would be the 7. 

If LV wins out, Miami wins out, and Patriots go 1-1 with a loss to the Dolphins, the Patriots would be eliminated. Its about knowing the difference between a 2 team and 3 team tiebreaker scenario. 

13 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

right they have to have Miami lose which is what I'm saying. If Miami doesn't lose and goes 10-7 and the Patriots also go 10-7, the Patriots will be 0-2 vs Miami and that is the first tiebreaker in a multi team(3 or more) tiebreaker so yes in a two team scenario(Miami, Patriots) where they are tied- both teams would get in. Miami would be the 6 and the Pats would be the 7. 

If LV wins out, Miami wins out, and Patriots go 1-1 with a loss to the Dolphins, the Patriots would be eliminated. Its about knowing the difference between a 2 team and 3 team tiebreaker scenario. 

That's correct, if either Vegas or Miami lose this week and pats win they would clinch a spot

Pats win + Vegas loss or Miami loss clinch spot

That's the scenario for them this week

Vegas unfortunately is my upset pick of the week prior to any Wentz news

So need Tennessee to win, cause Miami will be a tough game for new england. 

The other scenario or outs won't happen 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.