Chris Godwin out for year

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

No way. AB was in the slot alot . I guess he can take over outside but it's a big loss for sure. 

It's not a direct player for player replacement, however the productivity of Brown offsets the loss.  6 catches for 90 yards and a TD all moves the offense the same no matter where it comes from.

39 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Poor Tom Brady.

He'll now have to win the Super Bowl this year with THREE Hall of Fame weapons (Evans, AB, Gronk), instead of possibly 4.

Can the Greatest System Quarterback of All Time overcome having just 3 Hall of Fame pass-catchers on his Offense?

And what is it about the Saints defense being the only defense in the NFL that can shut down Brady and the Bucs offense?

What is it that the Saints defense has against the Bucs O, that no other NFL defense has? 

The Saints have one of the best defenses in the league this season and the Bucs also had like none of their weapons playing last night. Brady threw for 375 and 4 TDs in the first meeting. 

Edited by DCOrange

On 12/20/2021 at 3:30 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Bruce Arians:

If Brown screws up just once, he's gone.

giphy.gif

We are about to witness hypocrisy at its highest level from Arians.

Don't know if I blame him though. He has obligations to the organization and players to put the best product on the field. And it's not like Brown is a pariah on the street waiting for a call. He is currently on the roster.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

I doubt it.  ACL injuries aren't as catastrophic as they once were.  He's only 25.  I'm certain he'll still get his money.

He’ll make money, for sure.  He might lose out on 5-10M next year though.  

53 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I feel bad that he played the season on a franchise tag. He never made a ton of money before this season and now after one great year of pay he is going to hit the market with a major injury. Tampa might be fine if they can get Antonio Brown going again but it is still a devastating injury. Once again injuries are the worst part of football. 

Issue Andre Reed had - he always had injuries contract years.

And Cheating is worst part of football - cheating is by choice and preventable.

Yeah that sucks.   It’s crazy how perhaps the two highest profile players to gamble on themselves with the franchise tag (Dak, Godwin) both ended up with season ending injuries.  It didn’t make much of a difference for Dak contract wise.  Not sure it will be the same way for Godwin

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The refs will still screw us

Don't underestimate the officials

The officials sure didn't help them yesterday...

I mean if there was ever a close game that a call here or there could help change the outcome (and against a team everyone expects the Bucs to beat), yesterday's game would've been it.

Pretty sure the refs just do ALL THE METH, then proceed to throw out flags at hallucinations that startle them. Sometimes the flags just line up with actual penalties, & the fans are none the wiser. That's the real reason refs huddle up together after a call... they're brainstorming ideas to cover for their drug-induced visions.

That's my conspiracy theory, & I'm sticking to it! 😈

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.