Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

interesting, though that Belichick* trusted him to throw against our D only three times. That really is a remarkably low number, especially considering he had him throw 45 times in the following game, in what looked to me to be an utterly predictable offensive scheme. I’m just your standard, casual fan, and I found myself calling plays based on their formation with startling accuracy. 

I’ve gotta believe Mac & Cheese is going to throw more than three times on Sunday.  But, I can’t even begin to predict what the Pats* offensive scheme is going to look like. 

I honestly think their best chance to win with their banged up offense is to use the exact gameplan as last time and hope to break a big run again.  they’re gonna lose some rushing effectiveness trying to mix up the formations to threaten the passing game.  That’s probably the best way to beat us honestly you’re probably gonna break a big run with 50+ carries.  I don’t trust mac against our secondary at all with their ability to disguise coverages (that’s also why people are oftentimes late to their gaps in the second level on a running play too lol)

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I honestly think their best chance to win with their banged up offense is to use the exact gameplan as last time and hope to break a big run again.  they’re gonna lose some rushing effectiveness trying to mix up the formations to threaten the passing game.  That’s probably the best way to beat us honestly you’re probably gonna break a big run with 50+ carries.  I don’t trust mac against our secondary at all with their ability to disguise coverages (that’s also why people are oftentimes late to their gaps in the second level on a running play too lol)

It'll certainly be a very high percentage of run plays. Only passing enough to keep our D off balance. On the flip side, the Bills will pass significantly more frequently. I don't expect the wind to be as much of a factor, so both teams will pass more than the last one. But the Pats* game plan will be a heavy dose of running. That was a weird game a couple weeks ago. The Bills, while passing more, won't abandon the run. They really need the run to set up that play action against this team. They are also good at limiting pass plays, but it's strength against strength. I think the Patriots are going to get a wake up call in this one. Buffalo's offense is going to score more. A lot more.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

interesting, though that Belichick* trusted him to throw against our D only three times. That really is a remarkably low number, especially considering he had him throw 45 times in the following game, in what looked to me to be an utterly predictable offensive scheme. I’m just your standard, casual fan, and I found myself calling plays based on their formation with startling accuracy. 

I’ve gotta believe Mac & Cheese is going to throw more than three times on Sunday.  But, I can’t even begin to predict what the Pats* offensive scheme is going to look like. 

80% run and/or play action.  I think they’ll just try and manipulate 49 with PA and do their work in their passing game depending on what he does. That’s the best way to attack this D imo. 

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

This has been the position I wanted to see addressed more than anything the last year or 2.

It would be great if Knox could keep developing into a truly elite #1 TE.

He's on his way.

Dawson Knox stat line as follows:

44 catches, 527 yards, 8 TDs

7 catches of 20 yards or more

2 catches of 40 yards or more

Leads all TEs in TDs. IIRC

Breakout year for sure. Kid has proven many wrong this season, myself included.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We've needed 2 dependable TE's for 30 years. It never happens. Just another deficiency this organization has in finding offensive personnel. Right now all resources have to be directed to OL.

TE is part of the offensive line.  We need a much better TE2 for sure.  Get a TE2 that can block and catch and you just helped the OL and the red zone offense.   We don’t  have a “heavy” short yardage package that is worth a damm.  This is an easy request that Beane should be able to fill.  Otherwise, we remain one dimensional.  

2 hours ago, Rockinon said:

It'll certainly be a very high percentage of run plays. Only passing enough to keep our D off balance. On the flip side, the Bills will pass significantly more frequently. I don't expect the wind to be as much of a factor, so both teams will pass more than the last one. But the Pats* game plan will be a heavy dose of running. That was a weird game a couple weeks ago. The Bills, while passing more, won't abandon the run. They really need the run to set up that play action against this team. They are also good at limiting pass plays, but it's strength against strength. I think the Patriots are going to get a wake up call in this one. Buffalo's offense is going to score more. A lot more.

I think it's a low scoring game. The Pats should be able to dictate the pace of the game by being better in the trenches. Pats will mix it up with lots of short passes and various runs. I see them getting lots of fields goals. 

The Bills have to run the ball effectively. Last game, Motor ran the ball 22 times and it gave Allen more time to throw. The Bills Oline is not 100% and even at 100% they don't match up well with the Pats defense. The Colts pounded the Pats. The Bills don't have that of team. The Bills are a passing team and they need the best version of Allen to win. He can't come out of the gate playing like dog poop. Not sure what's going on with him? It's been a pretty consistent theme this year. It the Pats jump on the Bills it's game over. They will just tee off on a defenseless Allen. 

Lastly, I really like Coach McD. However, I just don't see McD out coaching BB. Although, BB made a huge error in kicking a field goal in the Indy game. I will be really watching in game adjustments. 

Gonna be a homer here. Bills defense bends but doesn't break. The offense gets a timely td. Bass hits the winning field to win it. 

Bills 19 Pats 16. Let's go Bflo!!!!!

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

TE is part of the offensive line.  We need a much better TE2 for sure.  Get a TE2 that can block and catch and you just helped the OL and the red zone offense.   We don’t  have a “heavy” short yardage package that is worth a damm.  This is an easy request that Beane should be able to fill.  Otherwise, we remain one dimensional.  

You just described TBD favourite Lee Smith very well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

He's on his way.

Dawson Knox stat line as follows:

44 catches, 527 yards, 8 TDs

7 catches of 20 yards or more

2 catches of 40 yards or more

Leads all TEs in TDs. IIRC

Breakout year for sure. Kid has proven many wrong this season, myself included.

Yeah,  he had a really bad game against NE.    Otherwise we'd be a lot higher on his performance this year.

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Along with a few penalties….he was probably the most frustrating player if the night against the Patriots….on top of McD opting to go run heavy the first three quarters and not trusting Josh’s arm. 

On top of kicking a low percentage FG due to the wind instead of going for 4th and short.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Beerball said:

I guess those two make up for all those losses.  He's got a monkey on his back and his name is Belichick.

The whole league’s had Belichick on their backs for 20 years. It’s not just McDermott that has had trouble beating him. He’s the greatest head coach of all time 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah,  he had a really bad game against NE.    Otherwise we'd be a lot higher on his performance this year.

A lot of those balls were very contested…I only saw it as one clear drop and he made one ridiculous catch while getting sandwiched by two dbs.  We just really needed someone to come down with one more of those 50/50 balls and pretty much struck out on tons of chances.  That deep ball that hit diggs in the arm was brutal although not an easy play with the wind pushing the ball around 

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

On top of kicking a low percentage FG due to the wind instead of going for 4th and short.

I’m sure bass was confident in that one…the ball looked very well struck I was surprised it missed 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

ESPN.com

Patriots expect 'a different game' in crucial AFC East rematch against Bills

theres a  👩‍✈️ captain obvious headline for ya. 

This is why I pay big bucks for my ESPN subscription, its the keen inside information

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.