With The Exception Of The Colts Game We Could Be Undefeated.

Irv

10 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I believe it's fair to say that anything MAY be possible...no matter how improbable it seems. 

It’s not very “improbable”, there was a reason the Bills were the favorites for the Super Bowl for a good portion of the year. Nothings changed but a few bumps in the road. Get in and let’s see what happens. As others have pointed out, every team is flawed. 

I apologize that I can't make this point more succinct.

But there isn't really a positive to draw from the fact that the Bills lost a number of one score games, IMO.

IMO teams typically coach themselves into tight games..........which puts the better game day coaching and the team that consistently executes their play design in the better position to win.

Belichick is comfortable playing that style because it allows him to utilize the things he does best.......fielding a team that is motivated and executes.......and his own in-game coaching.    

The Bills haven't been the better coached team on any of the days where they've lost this season.    Nor have they been the team that either played harder or executed better.    They've fallen short in at least 2 of those 3 areas in each loss.

I don't think I am telling anyone anything they haven't seen with their own eyes..........with this Bills team........field goals........especially in the red zone....... are usually just being 3 points closer to losing.

They aren't efficient on offense.  

Nor are they leak-proof on defense. 

But yet they are very dynamic on both sides of the ball......and have shown that......the stats undeniably support it.

It's in great part about giving the right amount of exposure.   

MORE on offense.........LESS on defense.

McDermott has that backward this season.

What they have is a very dynamic QB who gives them a distinct talent advantage over basically everyone they play.    They have a very effective defense but they aren't physical enough to win by strangulation.    

Allen is the key and that's the way the league is designed.........to be dominated by elite QB's.

You have to keep the ball in the hands of Allen and his offense as much as possible.    And for chrissakes.........at MINIMUM play the percentages analytics direct you to.   No kicks that fall in the 85th percentile of preposterous punts over the last 20 years(like last game). 

Better yet.......take those general percentages.......and add in the Allen factor.    Anything else is either playing into the hands of the opposition or playing down to them.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

"People like me" are pissed we are down to a 7% chance. And rightfully so.

You have literally wiffed on every single assumption on me worse than Brandon Beane wiffed on his "run it back" idea with this offensive line. Your entire post is spent telling me what I "probably" would say. You provide zero counter opinion, add absolutely nothing pro or con to what I was saying. Not everyone needs to be of single and simple mind to say "Yes! Love everything this team does". 

This season isn't and hasn't been a matter of the "ball landing the wrong way". This season has been about missed opportunity due to not improving on what we had last year. 

If your have a differing opinion...please...enlighten us all as to all of the glowing bright spots not named Allen or Diggs. Or just keep being content to be in the playoffs. Some just expect a bit more.

7% chance is a rough estimate of every team that makes the playoffs probability of winning the super bowl (bye weeks ignored). 1 out of 14 teams is 7%. 

I wouldnt raise it much higher for any given team because any given sunday. The point is that it is easy to predict that the Bills wont win the super bowl and say you told us so. The odds are realistically with you.

And yes, the ball landed the wrong way this season. 

Bad things that happened last season:

Got blown out by Titans and Chiefs

Almost lost to the Fitzpatrick led Dolphins

Beat the 2-14 Jets 18-10 (6 field goals)

Almost lost a 25 point lead to the Rams

Almost lost to the Cam Newton led Patriots if it weren't for a last minute fumble

Lost to a improbable hail mary pass from the cardinals and Murray.

Seems pretty easy to see a couple of those bouncing the other way last season and giving us a few more losses. Could also see a few things bouncing the right way this season and giving us a few more wins.

Most people agree this buffalo team is one of the most complete teams and there is a subset of you that want to tear it all down (can you believe the McDermott and Beane have to go threads?). The fanbase just cant handle anything less flawless though. And yes we showed a lot of flaws over the course of 6 losses. But we only have 1 blow out. 

But so did the:

Packers getting blown out by the Saints

Patriots losing to the Dolphins

Rams getting blown out by the Cardinals/49ers

Chiefs getting blown out by the Titans

Titans losing to the Jets

Cardinals getting blown out by the Panthers

Bucs getting beat by the WFT

Cowboys getting the beat down by the Broncos

Amongst their close losses same as us.

Do we need to execute better? Absolutely. At the end of the day though, this team can compete with the best. It is not the trash you and many others suggest (aka Diggs and Allen are the only bright spots on the team... like give me a break)

Edited by What a Tuel

Someone, please call 911 and have them search for the individual who posted this.....I think they overdosed on drugs! This team is barely alive...we can debate the reasons, but I fear last season was a mirage......We have a team that is a good practice team.....they beat  teams last season when no one was able to watch. Josh and Company need to prove they can do it in front of fans before I will feel differently. Good Teams do not lose 3 games at home. 

42 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

7% chance is a rough estimate of every team that makes the playoffs probability of winning the super bowl (bye weeks ignored). 1 out of 14 teams is 7%. 

I wouldnt raise it much higher for any given team because any given sunday. The point is that it is easy to predict that the Bills wont win the super bowl and say you told us so. The odds are realistically with you.

And yes, the ball landed the wrong way this season. 

Bad things that happened last season:

Got blown out by Titans and Chiefs

Almost lost to the Fitzpatrick led Dolphins

Beat the 2-14 Jets 18-10 (6 field goals)

Almost lost a 25 point lead to the Rams

Almost lost to the Cam Newton led Patriots if it weren't for a last minute fumble

Lost to a improbable hail mary pass from the cardinals and Murray.

Seems pretty easy to see a couple of those bouncing the other way last season and giving us a few more losses. Could also see a few things bouncing the right way this season and giving us a few more wins.

Most people agree this buffalo team is one of the most complete teams and there is a subset of you that want to tear it all down (can you believe the McDermott and Beane have to go threads?). The fanbase just cant handle anything less flawless though. And yes we showed a lot of flaws over the course of 6 losses. But we only have 1 blow out. 

But so did the:

Packers getting blown out by the Saints

Patriots losing to the Dolphins

Rams getting blown out by the Cardinals/49ers

Chiefs getting blown out by the Titans

Titans losing to the Jets

Cardinals getting blown out by the Panthers

Bucs getting beat by the WFT

Cowboys getting the beat down by the Broncos

Amongst their close losses same as us.

Do we need to execute better? Absolutely. At the end of the day though, this team can compete with the best. It is not the trash you and many others suggest (aka Diggs and Allen are the only bright spots on the team... like give me a break)

See, you keep lumping me in and assuming I'm just here to trash the team. I am not. I just don't feel the need or obsession to agree with everything they have done and spin it to a positive. When praise is due I have no issues praising as well as you could see if you dig into my post history. 

No where....and I mean nowhere have I ever said we need to "tear it all down" or that Beane and McD need to go. I am starting to have questions if they can complete the job they started based on descisions they have made. There is a large contingent on here that blindly follows (In Beane we trusters/Beane's a wizard) and supports everything. And if that works for them...cool. Have fun.

Now, your topic of bad things that had happened last yer...5 of those ended up being wins. A few losses. In every instance there it came down to execution, as you said. Even still the only one there that was just plain luck landed in a loss to a heck of a play in the Hail Murray. Call that one 80% luck 20% lack of our top 3 DBs not executing....IMO.

Not so much the case this year. There was no ball bouncing luck in the Pittsburgh loss. I suppose one could argue Josh's slip against the Titans...but even if he doesn't slip I'm pretty certain Simmons still stops him short. This year is not about lack of luck...it's about lack of....YES...talent. It's about coaches not making smart calls. Presnap penalties. None of that as on the bouncing of the ball.

Also, please tell me where I called this team "trash". I didn't nor have I ever. Again...you make assumptions based on your own ignorance on what I post. I said to name bright spots and took the 2 obvious ones away. You oddly didn't name any...you chose to invent new things I said instead. Here's a freebie for you. Gabe Davis. Guy is a playmaker that needs to see the field more.  Here's another...Devin Singletary. Guy is popping off an average of 4.9 YPC even behind this line. Of course neither are used as close to full time players. 

I'm sorry that my views are that this oline and the descision to "run it back" with them will cost this team a promising season. I'm sorry that I view the choice to carry so many DL and rotate them so often and carry so many ST only players is a bad use of roster space. I'm sorry that I wasn't happy about Bobby Hart and Forrest Lamp being signed. I understand the thought process...just never agreed with it. And you know what....I'm allowed to think that.

There are great reasons to be optimistic about next year if good upgrades are made. The Chiefs completely revamped their line in 1 years and (after a few rough weeks) they are coming together in time for the playoffs. Who knows...maybe our oline figures out how to block and give Allen time and we go on a run. Based on what I have seen this year...I don't see it happening though. 

This team is 7-6 because they have played like a 7-6 team. Period. That is who this team is to this point of the season. Once we got through the 1st 5 games (where, yes we played teams that we could stack wins on...so good work sealing the deal.)we spun out of control again at tougher teams....like the ones we will see on the playoffs. To win it all this year (and yes...that should be the goal after the success they had last year) the coaches and players have a lot of work to do to improve. Again...that is my opinion based on what I have seen while playing and watching football. Impossible? Not at all. Remember Joe Flacco's "elite" Super Bowl run? It could happen for sure. But games are won in the trenches...and both sides of our line have issues.

5 hours ago, chaccof said:

Which leads me to ask - would you rather have one of those 7-9 seasons during the O-the 2000's drought where, as a fan you kind of knew going in it wasn't going to be good, or a season like this one where respected, national media, touted the Bills as not only SB contenders but probable winners and then have it go to poop?  That's a tough one isn't it?  For me, there was something comforting about being out of it by early October......

I'll take a season like this over the drought.  At least there is a possibility of good things.  That was never so during the drought.

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The bottom line is you are what your record says you are.

Good teams find ways to win no matter what and bad teams will always lose in the end.

After 13 games there simply is no debate who the 2021 Bills are anymore.

Let me tell you why you are wrong.  Bucs were 7-5 last year before going on to win the SB.  So that alone disproves your unwavering negativity 

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The bottom line is you are what your record says you are.

Good teams find ways to win no matter what and bad teams will always lose in the end.

After 13 games there simply is no debate who the 2021 Bills are anymore.

This is stupid after watching the TB game. With competent officiating we win that game. I am not speaking of one play but multiple plays, all which went against us and several which were absurd. The league is close in talent from top to bottom and often luck or officials are the difference.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.