With The Exception Of The Colts Game We Could Be Undefeated.

Irv

21 minutes ago, Irv said:

We have a chance to win it all.  Many crappy last minute plays have did us in.   We can win it all. I have faith.  Just need to make the playoffs.  

Well we aren't. We are 7-6 and playing below .500 over the last 8 games. Good teams find a way to win tight games. We are middle of the pack due largely to coaching and bad line play.

That isn't changing this year. 

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I used to do this every season… 

It really has a drought era feel, doesn't it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well we aren't. We are 7-6 and playing below .500 over the last 8 games. Good teams find a way to win tight games. We are middle of the pack due largely to coaching and bad line play.

That isn't changing this year. 

It really has a drought era feel, doesn't it?

For me, it doesn't.  None of those drought era teams had what felt like credible and legit Super Bowl level expectations, both locally and nationally.  This is a special kind of gut punch that we haven't fully reconciled yet.  

The playoffs may or may not still lie ahead, so much story left to be written.  But to date, this has been a season of unmet expectations.  I think the drought really did meet expectations in the end.

Edited by cwater10
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McD is the problem. Im okay him coaching the team 6 days of week. Let him be Co-defensive coordinator with Frazier and let Allen and Daboll do the game management. 

The question though is do the Pegula's understand this despite the extension?

Because even if Beane does he's not firing the guy who brought him to Buffalo in a package type of deal.

Like I've said for some time now, Allen very well may be the QB that ultimately leads this team to the promised land but it will be under a different GM/HC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle....

For real though, I think if the Bills make the playoffs they have as good of a chance at the SB as every other team. Especially if they play like they did in the 2nd half against Tampa.

dammit i saw this and thought this exactly. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McD is the problem. Im okay him coaching the team 6 days of week. Let him be Co-defensive coordinator with Frazier and let Allen and Daboll do the game management. 

If you think about it, the idea of a "football guy" managing in-game decision making is ridiculous, no head coach in the league should be doing any of it, and in 10 years no HC in the league will be doing any of it.

But for now, we get McDermott making calls from his "gut" on the spur of the moment and thinking that's how you manage a football game.

The irony is that RIGHT NOW there is a substantial competitive advantage to be gained by doing it the right way, b/c almost no one is.

10 years from now when everyone does it the right way, it won't help nearly as much, b/c the advantage will be gone.

The advantage is here and now, for teams smart enough to switch over to the "new" way of doing things.

Edited by Nextmanup

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.