With The Exception Of The Colts Game We Could Be Undefeated.

Irv

2 hours ago, Irv said:

We have a chance to win it all.  Many crappy last minute plays have did us in.   We can win it all. I have faith.  Just need to make the playoffs.  

Agree

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well we aren't. We are 7-6 and playing below .500 over the last 8 games. Good teams find a way to win tight games. We are middle of the pack due largely to coaching and bad line play.

That isn't changing this year. 

It really has a drought era feel, doesn't it?

Does not have a drought era feel to me. This team is very talented and will probably win out and be hot going into the playoffs. Ranked 1 in D and 8 in offense, this is an enigma and shows we are much better than our record. I have faith in McBean to right the ship before the playoffs and at the exact right time. 

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

The bottom line is you are what your record says you are.

Good teams find ways to win no matter what and bad teams will always lose in the end.

After 13 games there simply is no debate who the 2021 Bills are anymore.

Bucs started 7-5 last year. Who were they? Shut up troll. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, cwater10 said:

For me, it doesn't.  None of those drought era teams had what felt like credible and legit Super Bowl level expectations, both locally and nationally.  This is a special kind of gut punch that we haven't fully reconciled yet.  

The playoffs may or may not still lie ahead, so much story left to be written.  But to date, this has been a season of unmet expectations.  I think the drought really did meet expectations in the end.

Which leads me to ask - would you rather have one of those 7-9 seasons during the O-the 2000's drought where, as a fan you kind of knew going in it wasn't going to be good, or a season like this one where respected, national media, touted the Bills as not only SB contenders but probable winners and then have it go to poop?  That's a tough one isn't it?  For me, there was something comforting about being out of it by early October......

22 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Agree

Does not have a drought era feel to me. This team is very talented and will probably win out and be hot going into the playoffs. Ranked 1 in D and 8 in offense, this is an enigma and shows we are much better than our record. I have faith in McBean to right the ship before the playoffs and at the exact right time. 

It's not and enigma, though. 

It's a team that has walloped bad teams and lost to good ones. The 1 and 8 are really nice and I know right now thats what people need to cling to. But this isn't a team that has been talented enough to win close game. This isn't a team that can win in the trenches against good teams. 

Also, I find it absolutely ridiculous that many are yelling about the "stats say". Watch the game! Stats are not universal. We have played quite a few games this year against back up QBs and in bad weather that limited offenses without a QB with an arm like Allen. However almost weekly we see that "top defense" exposed with big plays, bad penalties, not coming up with a step when you NEED it.

On offense...great...wow what a ranking. Now look up their red zone numbers. Look up where this line is rated. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that all of these issues will be solved just because....well it's playoff time.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, every contending teams has warts this year, some more than others. There aren't those dominant teams that seem like they are a big step above the rest of the NFL.

Just get into the playoffs, play your best ball there, and see what happens.

As long as we still get into the playoffs - I think this season will serve us well in the future.

Games like the Jags, Pitt, TN - had they played as hard as they did in the 2nd half against the Bucs, those games likely aren't close.  If your goal is a championship, there aren't any weeks or plays you can take off.

It all evens out.  Last year, we rolled after the AZ game & everything went our way.  We had more bad breaks this year.

21 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

It's a team that has walloped bad teams and lost to good ones. The 1 and 8 are really nice and I know right now thats what people need to cling to. But this isn't a team that has been talented enough to win close game. This isn't a team that can win in the trenches against good teams. 

Also, I find it absolutely ridiculous that many are yelling about the "stats say". Watch the game! Stats are not universal. We have played quite a few games this year against back up QBs and in bad weather that limited offenses without a QB with an arm like Allen. However almost weekly we see that "top defense" exposed with big plays, bad penalties, not coming up with a step when you NEED it.

On offense...great...wow what a ranking. Now look up their red zone numbers. Look up where this line is rated. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that all of these issues will be solved just because....well it's playoff time.

I don’t need to cling to anything, they are much better than their record, they pass the eye test to my eyes, they will pick it up from here. That was just one data point for me. 

34 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well there you have it. This guy is putting all the marbles against the 7% chance the bills win the super bowl. What a brave soul. I bet he will be back here to say he told you so as well.

Every team has its problems and short comings. People like you come out in droves to say you told us so when the ball doesn't land the right way. Im sure you did last year when we were 7-3 and only beat the  non playoff Jets (2x), Dolphins, Raiders, Patriots and playoff Rams (almost dropped as im sure youd mention), and Seahawks.

"1 or 2 good wins out of 7" I'm sure you'd have said. We went on to beat 6 out of 6 more teams (5 non playoff teams which apparently don't count) which im sure also didnt impress you.

It sucks that we have so many people who want to so quickly revert to being so petty and troll bills fans.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Well there you have it. This guy is putting all the marbles against the 7% chance the bills win the super bowl. What a brave soul. I bet he will be back here to say he told you so as well.

Every team has its problems and short comings. People like you come out in droves to say you told us so when the ball doesn't land the right way. Im sure you did last year when we were 7-3 and only beat the  non playoff Jets (2x), Dolphins, Raiders, Patriots and playoff Rams (almost dropped as im sure youd mention), and Seahawks.

"1 or 2 good wins out of 7" I'm sure you'd have said. We went on to beat 6 out of 6 more teams (5 non playoff teams which apparently don't count) which im sure also didnt impress you.

It sucks that we have so many people who want to so quickly revert being so petty.

"People like me" are pissed we are down to a 7% chance. And rightfully so.

You have literally wiffed on every single assumption on me worse than Brandon Beane wiffed on his "run it back" idea with this offensive line. Your entire post is spent telling me what I "probably" would say. You provide zero counter opinion, add absolutely nothing pro or con to what I was saying. Not everyone needs to be of single and simple mind to say "Yes! Love everything this team does". 

This season isn't and hasn't been a matter of the "ball landing the wrong way". This season has been about missed opportunity due to not improving on what we had last year. 

If your have a differing opinion...please...enlighten us all as to all of the glowing bright spots not named Allen or Diggs. Or just keep being content to be in the playoffs. Some just expect a bit more.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

We went toe to toe with the super bowl champs and if not for a pulled jersey would have won. That gives me some confidence. 

It wasn’t just the Buc’s, but the Cheaters* the week before, the Titans who were super hot, etc. Every game except the Colts we were one play away from winning. Of course, we didn’t get those plays and we did lose, but we are right there against some of the best teams in the league. Maybe “confidence” isn’t the perfect word, but I at least have hope. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.