If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Haven't seen this angle. It just keeps getting worse. They robbed us.

I've now seen 4 different angles. It one is more egregious than the last. I love how that kid ( ref) standing 5 feet away just ignored it. Didn't even reach for his flag.  Far be it for the Bills to stand in the way of the mega bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've now seen 4 different angles. It one is more egregious than the last. I love how that kid ( ref) standing 5 feet away just ignored it. Didn't even reach for his flag.  Far be it for the Bills to stand in the way of the mega bowl.

The NFL chose not to show the other replay angles for this reason. They knew they blew it.

This is one of the worst non calls I've ever seen.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The NFL chose not to show the other replay angles for this reason. They knew they blew it.

This is one of the worst non calls I've ever seen.

Thats another part of it, not a lot of replays from different angles.    Again if it was Tommy, there would of been 5 mins of micro-analyzing from multiple angles, especially with the end of regulation coming up.

• Like (+1) 3

On 12/12/2021 at 8:08 PM, UKBillFan said:

If it had been a stupid play call which cost us, and I suppose you coul argue with the 4 and 3 punt it was to an extent, then that's one thing but the calls were ridiculous. No PI for us but as soon as Evans wrapped up Wallace they couldn't wait to get the flags out.

All we want is fairness and an even-handed approach. Get that and we would have had a great chance of winning today.

@Gugny agrees with you.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Im not sure I agree we were ‘relying’ on a penalty there. We identified a good one on one matchup…diggs and Davis do some back and forth handfighting…diggs wins his matchup easily and we throw him the ball.  I don’t see anything wrong with that.  When you’ve got defenders purposely trying to rip guys down by their jerseys when they know they’re beat to trade a penalty for a TD and it’s not called by the refs that is far beyond the scope of playcalling imo.  Who’s to say we weren’t gonna get held on any route we ran…windows get very tight down there in the red zone…we should know we are terrible down there lol if you’ve got a matchup that good you take it every time 

A good matchup on a fade includes a height advantage, you have to throw the ball before you even know if there is going to be separation. My example showed even with a receiver like Hopkins it’s not a high percentage play. Why risk it?

On 12/14/2021 at 8:14 AM, NewEra said:

Oh. Ok.  I saw Diggs school the cornerback into making him fall and grab him with 2 hands in order to prevent a wide open TD.  Looked good to me

Did the ball falling to the ground un caught look good too?

On 12/13/2021 at 9:01 AM, Dan Darragh said:

You don't seem to understand - the refs are SENT by the football gods.  They're our punishment for drafting Walt Patulski #1 overall.  It's a 50 year curse, and we're only 49 years in.

Balderdash! The Pro Football Gods of Buffalo do not deign to reveal their desires to the likes of mortals like you, Dan. But mortals gonna mortal, I suppose…especially mortals with a career 30.4 QB rating from 1968-1970…

I know for a FACT that the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo absolutely LOVED the Patulski pick. An elite Polish-American athlete who grew up in Upstate NY? Yes, please! What could possibly be more Buffalo than that?! Perhaps a giant anthropomorphic 6’5” 250 lb pierogi, with outstanding combine stats and hard-hat lunch-pail intangibles, who was created in a Cheektowaga delicatessen…on Dyngus Day…over a collapsed folding table…with a Zubaz-patterned table skirt…with Goo Goo Dolls playing in the background?? Sometimes it’s not about the shots you take and missed but rather the shots you didn’t bother to take. The Pro Football Gods of Buffalo never forgave the franchise for passing on Ron “Jaws” Jaworski in 1973 and Rob “D!ckface Who Maimed Tre White” Gronkowski in 2010.

But let us now discuss the true origins of The Curse. Contrary to Buffalo sports lore, it did not begin with William McKinley’s 1901 assassination in our fair city. The Pro Football Gods of Buffalo do not care much for esoteric turn-of-century politics. Surprisingly enough, the somewhat provincial Pro Football Gods of Buffalo do not care about pretty much anything other than pro football played within Western NY. My goodness…they don’t even follow the Sabres, Bandits, or college football! The birth of The Curse, as the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo tried to explain to me, takes us back to the 1910 Championship game of the New York Pro Football League (one of several predecessors to the NFL). The Buffalo Oakdales took on the Buffalo Cazenovias in an epic Thanksgiving weekend clash between two working-class South Buffalo athletic club powerhouses. For whatever unconscionable reason, they never finished the game. A mysterious on-field dispute was the given explanation. The Ancient Scrolls of Buffalo Pro Football (i.e. the Wikipedia entry for “New York Pro Football League”) are incomplete, but I can only presume the dispute was over an attempt at a forward pass. And the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo, being the cold-weather football traditionalists that they are, never did care for such “voodoo football” tactics as the forward pass.

So the only proper way to reverse The Curse, as I see it, is obvious: stop throwing the football. Like…completely stop. Josh Allen is not to attempt another pass for the rest of this season. Just keep handing the ball off to Zach Moss up the middle for his patented 2-yard gains. EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. Between now and February. Substitute Diggs, Beasley, and Davis for Doyle, Bates, and Ford. Leave Knox in as a passing decoy. Problem solved! Curse reversed! Yay!

IMPORTANT FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE: Wow! The Pro Football Gods of Buffalo are still quite irate! They still want the referees from the Bucs game doxed, kidnapped, and restrained. But now they also want us to place them in a deep well, administer a water hose for behavioral modification, and transport basic toiletries using only a bucket tied to a rope. The Pro Football Gods of Buffalo also happen to masochistically watch Fox Sports’ First Things First with Nick “Pen!s Nose” Wright, and so they also want us to throw the show’s entire cast down into the well. I was already leaning in that direction, anyway, but especially now that I know the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo desire it too!

Furthermore, remember that winter is coming! The Pro Football Gods of Buffalo want me to flay our well-dwelling enemies and to sew their skin into coats so that the beloved Buffalo tailgating wildlings of the North Country can keep warm during Sunday’s big game. Meanwhile, the muscles and organs of both the compromised Tampa Bay refs and also the First Things First cast are to be cooked at the tailgate and consumed for both nourishment and for obtainment of their skills of d-baggery. Really disturbing stuff, I realize, but don’t blame me! It is what the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo have decreed. They chose me as their vessel of vengeance because of my competent sewing and cooking skills (vegan cooking, actually, but whatever…extenuating circumstances and all…).

Later this afternoon…

“This is madness!” cries out the rope-bounded Nick “Wrong” Wright in his trademark high-pitched girly voice.

“No, Nick. This is Snow Sparta,” affirms Comrade Kay Adams impassively as she kicks Nick down into the well like she’s Coach Urban Meyer and he’s Josh Lambo. Buffalo’s patriotic but cannibalistic Coco Chanel-wannabe anti-hero then proceeds to exit the room to retrieve her sewing machine and cooking utensils.

<<< Cue the outro scene >>>

“Would the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo f*#k me? I’d f*#k me. I’d f*#k me so hard,” Kay assures herself in her cheval mirror as she tries on her fashionable new referee skin coat, with the “Goodbye Horses” song playing in the background.

<<< Video fades out from Kay’s room, shifts to a bird’s eye view of Highmark Stadium, and zooms in on a bunch of flayed and slightly twitching corpses lining Abbott Road. Upon closer inspection, the desecrated corpses appear to be those of the referees from the Tampa Bay game! Eek!!! OMG the horror! Cue the dramatic screeching sounds! >>>

Steve Tasker’s narrating voice: “So we’ll see you in Buffalo this Sunday against Carolina. Be ready. Need a referee skin coat? It might be chilly.”

P.S. Mr. Darragh, I cannot get over the terrible officiating from the Bucs game. Can you tell??

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Only good news, if the nudging theory is correct, is that Allen is sexy to the NFL.  So, I think the league will start nudging in our favor to get them in as a wild card.  Just don't want them getting in the way of a NE/TB Super Bowl.

Now, if the league gets that, Buffalo might be sexy enough to get nudged toward the Super Bowl next year.  Though, whether or not Buffalo commits to a new stadium might be a factor.

Keep an eye on how the calls fall the rest of the season.  Buffalo will likely benefit from almost all of them vs. the Panthers and Jets, and likely even the Rams, yet somehow none of them vs. the Pats, unless the Pats are in a good enough playoff position.  Remember, we beat the Pats and Jets we hold the tie-breaker vs. NE.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Red King said:

Only good news, if the nudging theory is correct, is that Allen is sexy to the NFL.  So, I think the league will start nudging in our favor to get them in as a wild card.  Just don't want them getting in the way of a NE/TB Super Bowl.

Now, if the league gets that, Buffalo might be sexy enough to get nudged toward the Super Bowl next year.  Though, whether or not Buffalo commits to a new stadium might be a factor.

Keep an eye on how the calls fall the rest of the season.  Buffalo will likely benefit from almost all of them vs. the Panthers and Jets, and likely even the Rams, yet somehow none of them vs. the Pats, unless the Pats are in a good enough playoff position.  Remember, we beat the Pats and Jets we hold the tie-breaker vs. NE.

When it's not NE/TB will you come back & admit you know nothing?  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

and when it is ?

They'll explain it away. 

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

Nudging is a great word for it. Subtle manipulation. You can spot it when you know to look for it. 

Refs are like conductors or puppet masters, they are subtly controlling the game and can help and hurt both sides depending on how exciting they want to keep the game. 

I think they were happy with a TB blowout, but when they saw Buffalo mount a comeback they stopped throwing flags until it got too close. They must have got word from NY to let them come back to make the game more exciting, and it was.

Of course, it got too close for comfort and that's where all these terrible calls came to light. Amazing number of fans starting to wake up to game scripting. Two years ago a thread like this would've been closed after 3 pages. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.