If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

9 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Last week when the Bills lost conspiracy theories were all over this board that the refs and NFL were against us and the NFL was fixed. So far not one thread saying so this week, funny how that happens when the Bills win. I'll hang up and wait for your answers.

What? Yeah, because a broken, washed up Cam Newton and 5-8 Panther team are in the same comparison as a Brady team. Bad timing to make that argument. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, transient said:

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but the league has nothing to benefit from the Panthers winning or losing at this point this season, so if it was fixed it would have to have been to help the Bills win and therefore increase the importance of next week's game against the Pats***.

I couldn't watch, but I listened to the game. It sounded like there were a few questionable calls on the Panthers in the second half per Murph and E-Wood, including a soft roughing the passer call, so... maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Yes, we certainly benefited from decisions this week compared to last.

35 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Last week when the Bills lost conspiracy theories were all over this board that the refs and NFL were against us and the NFL was fixed. So far not one thread saying so this week, funny how that happens when the Bills win. I'll hang up and wait for your answers.

I don’t want to speak for every conspiracy theorist out there but the team in question that gets all the calls aka the buccaneers didn’t play yet 😂

37 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Last week we clearly got screwed by multiple p.i calls against us.

That's just a fact. 

The officials Today did a helluva job at keeping things even today imo and letting the players play!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

The league isn't fixed but I will die on the hill that the NFL referees have biases towards bigger market teams and players. So much leeway is given to big name players in the NFL.

This is what it looks like to me…i never said it was an anti bills thing like the OP is implying but the bucs seem to always have the questionable calls go their way.  They’ve got two or three wins this season alone on sketchy no calls late 

40 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

It is inevitable that whenever the Bills lose, the whining about the officials is guaranteed. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I think you are missing the point most people were trying to make. The NFL isn't "fixing" games against the Bills because they have some sort of vendetta against Buffalo, but they very well could be manipulating games outcomes to create hype and therefore viewership down the road. If the Pats didn't "magically" turn from a bad team into a dominate team, and if Buffalo would have spanked the Pats last week (like they SHOULD have) they would be in a commanding lead to win the division, and who (except Bills fans) would be interested in next weeks game?

Why all of the baffling upsets this season? The conspiracist in me feels the league is artificially keeping the division/playoff races close to support interest for their new 17 week schedule, and their ultimate end game is to finagle a Bucks/Pats Super Bowl. We will see, hopefully the conspiracist in me is TOTALLY off base and it's just a whacky season, time will tell.

So you see it's not just the Bills, it's just last week was our turn in the barrel. I haven't seen the game, so I don't know, but I've read some articles that it was the Steelers this week getting the "benefit" of a few calls on their winning TD drive against the Titans.

And exactly what was the deal with the Lions and Cards??? 

Edited by Gen2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.