If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

On 12/13/2021 at 3:36 PM, NewEra said:

Apologies.  I was quick to comment after reading your first paragraph.  I didn’t read the 2nd paragraph.  

Been here awhile.  Thanks for the advice though.  

God bless.  

Go Sabres and go Bills!

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Tom Brady senior is not worth 3.1 billion. I know it is on the internet but it is not true. He was an insurance salesman so 3.1 million is possible, maybe even 31 million but he is not worth 3 billion. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if TB12 was worth that much, but his dad?  WTF??  Based on what?  An act of indiscretion 45 years ago?

46 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Then why aren't you millionairs from betting on football if you have everything figured out?  

Did you bet a lot on the Patriots futures before the season since you knew they would be good?  If not, why not.  

You assume an awful lot. I suggest you pull back on that a bit. Approach things as neutrally as possible. 

Look back at my posts—I stated definitively when the pats were 1-3 or 2-4 sometime around then that they would go to the super bowl and play the Bucs. 

I was laughed out of town. Dozens of smug responses saying how garbage the pats were and how dumb I am etc. And quite honestly, I agree that the Pats aren’t all that great, not garbage but the fact they’re the #1 seed is an embarrassment for the league imo. 

My goal with that post was to create a situation in which some of you who are staunchly against any claim that the league is scripted would later be open to at least having a discussion, a real one, not jabs and ridicule and memes about tin foil hats. Because why would anyone make the claim I did when I did? To later be proven right or even close to should open some of your eyes and convince you I and others like me are very possibly onto something. 

One thing you need to understand, and this is important, is that it’s not a simple matter of seeing the scripting and then just opening up bovada or whatever app and putting $$$ on something. There are many factors at play, and the overarching desired narratives are just one. It’s considerably more complicated than you realize. I’ve taken advantage of this at times, but this year and the year before I truly haven’t had enough time to study everything involved with making informed bets. I’ll tell you this, there’s a huge amount of numerology/gematria involved. The most powerful people in the world are deeply into these practices, so it’s not even a matter of me thinking that ***** is real and/or important. They do. That’s all that matters. It’s also part of the real reason they moved the extra point to make it 33 yards. The other is to help steer outcomes better, as the original XP was simply too close and almost automatic no matter what. They could have chosen 30 yards, 32, 34, 27 whatever, but they chose 33. I was never less surprised about anything they’ve ever done. 

As with anything, especially something you can make great money at, gambling on these fixed leagues requires a ton of time and effort in order to make it worth it. If you don’t or can’t do that, then you truly are just guessing and you’re better off not risking your money.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BassToMouth said:

People like you are the best. The above is the extent of your discourse. You think you made a point? Because other clapping seals might find this amusing? You’re only embarrassing yourself.

It's a joke. Relax big fella.

"People like you..."

Really?

In the end, Football is entertainment. Nothing more. Don't get yourself all worked up. 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

God bless.  

Go Sabres and go Bills!

I wouldn’t be surprised if TB12 was worth that much, but his dad?  WTF??  Based on what?  An act of indiscretion 45 years ago?

Huh? He supposedly made it mostly through being an insurance agent, starting off at New England Life in 1968 of all places (are you people awake yet😂). He’s worth over 3 billion and also did work for NFL films as far back as the 60s

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Tom Brady senior is not worth 3.1 billion. I know it is on the internet but it is not true. He was an insurance salesman so 3.1 million is possible, maybe even 31 million but he is not worth 3 billion. 

Gotcha👍  It’s legitimately true—as far as how true supposed facts are. You’re entitled to your opinion of course, and I do agree with you that it seems implausible, but that is indeed the case. 

Don’t write things off with ‘oh did you find that on the internet’ excuse as if that means anything or holds any weight especially now in almost 2022. Everything is on the internet buddy, including every book, everything ever published and ‘corroborated’ and ‘validated’ as fact by the mouthpieces you trust so much on what national news or something? 

That excuse holds no weight anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

It's a joke. Relax big fella.

"People like you..."

Really?

In the end, Football is entertainment. Nothing more. Don't get yourself all worked up. 

Not worked up man. It’s a back and forth. That’s how discourse works—we used to allow it in this country a bit. 

And I fully understand it’s a joke to you, but as I’ve stated before, humor is the number one weapon for deflection. If you pair something with humor, and repeat it over and over, it will become a subconscious association. That is what is afflicting the majority of you, and you don’t even realize it.

59 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Not there

https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BassToMouth said:

Huh? He supposedly made it mostly through being an insurance agent, starting off at New England Life in 1968 of all places (are you people awake yet😂). He’s worth over 3 billion and also did work for NFL films as far back as the 60s

Do you have a credible link that states that he is worth billions? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BassToMouth said:

And I fully understand it’s a joke to you, but as I’ve stated before, humor is the number one weapon for deflection. If you pair something with humor, and repeat it over and over, it will become a subconscious association. That is what is afflicting the majority of you, and you don’t even realize it.

All due respect.....you don't know me. Know nothing about me, my background, likes. dislikes, etc. Discourse is great but generalizations and labels ("People like you", "This is what afflicts the majority of you")...not so much. I respect your passion for making your point as evidenced by your many posts here. However, I've got larger concerns than if the NFL is rigged so I no longer let it make me lose sleep.

Peace

• Vomit 1

The NFL is not institutionally rigged. By that I mean the league office is not instructing the refs to tilt or rig games for one team over another. The NFL's gain over doing that is so limited compared to losing literally everything if the league's integrity was to come into question (and an even larger set of legal issues esp with legal gambling taking place now). You have clauses in the multi-billion dollar yearly TV deals that allow the networks to cancel contracts if the league is thought to be rigging games. 

Now is it possible that individual refs have a bias or even a "rogue" ref has an agenda for personal reasons (such as gambling debt or money troubles) yes. We saw that happen with the NBA in the 2000's. But right now that's not the same as the league being rigged from the top down. The Bills have had a lot of bad calls this season and a ton of no-calls. It probably has cost the team a game or two easily. But the league having some sort of agenda to specially get the Bills for some reason? I am not sure I can buy that without more evidence. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The NFL is not institutionally rigged. By that I mean the league office is not instructing the refs to tilt or rig games for one team over another. The NFL's gain over doing that is so limited compared to losing literally everything if the league's integrity was to come into question (and an even larger set of legal issues esp with legal gambling taking place now). You have clauses in the multi-billion dollar yearly TV deals that allow the networks to cancel contracts if the league is thought to be rigging games. 

Now is it possible that individual refs have a bias or even a "rogue" ref has an agenda for personal reasons (such as gambling debt or money troubles) yes. We saw that happen with the NBA in the 2000's. But right now that's not the same as the league being rigged from the top down. The Bills have had a lot of bad calls this season and a ton of no-calls. It probably has cost the team a game or two easily. But the league having some sort of agenda to specially get the Bills for some reason? I am not sure I can buy that without more evidence. 

Hence my meme earlier which started a little debate here.

I agree. No doubt we've been hosed, but a league wide conspiracy I can't buy into. Tough enough for 2 people to keep a secret let alone the # of people that would have to be looped in to make a grand yet secret conspiracy work.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

All due respect.....you don't know me. Know nothing about me, my background, likes. dislikes, etc. Discourse is great but generalizations and labels ("People like you", "This is what afflicts the majority of you")...not so much. I respect your passion for making your point as evidenced by your many posts here. However, I've got larger concerns than if the NFL is rigged so I no longer let it make me lose sleep.

Peace

Insult then plays the "bigger man" card.

Weak. Put your money where your mouth is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

Hence my meme earlier which started a little debate here.

I agree. No doubt we've been hosed, but a league wide conspiracy I can't buy into. Tough enough for 2 people to keep a secret let alone the # of people that would have to be looped in to make a grand yet secret conspiracy work.

There is also far too much to lose (literally everything) and far too little to gain. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

BTW, NE has won nothing yet, certainly not any playoff games so anyone who thinks they know NE is going to be in the Super Bowl hasn't been proven right or wrong, but I'd say the odds are they'll be proven wrong & the only way Belichick is going to the Super Bowl is with a ticket to the game.  We'll see.  If they lose to Indy Saturday the division is well within the Bills reach.  

I'd like to see a link on Tom Brady Sr.'s net worth as well as any evidence he has ever had an NFL affiliation.  All I was able to find on a search is in the late 1970s he started his own insurance & estate planning company & is the CEO. 

• Agree 1

I dont think there is some grand conspiracy against the Bills orchestrated by the league  or any influence from gambling.   Not a conspiracy guy.  But I think its realistic to think there is a bias with some officials, whether it's subconscious or what I do not know. Its just simply a belief that certain players and teams get more crucial calls go  their way than go against them.   These people are insurance agents and school principals.   Maybe they went to college in a certain city, or have a relative in a city or vacation nearby or enjoy a certain city.   But to just totally believe they are absolutely 100% fair and call it right down the middle is naive.

i actually hope there are some signs in the stands.....hey refs our receivers get held too, or something similar to call attention to it.    A sign with a picture of Diggs with his shirt being pulled with a caption not holding according to NFL refs.   A little push back cant hurt. 

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

I dont think there is some grand conspiracy against the Bills orchestrated by the league  or any influence from gambling.   Not a conspiracy guy.  But I think its realistic to think there is a bias with some officials, whether it's subconscious or what I do not know. Its just simply a belief that certain players and teams get more crucial calls go  their way than go against them.

I think this is likely, but it's hard to prove one way or the other.

I thought someone did a study at one point saying the refs DID exercise bias in favor of the home field team.  That was several years ago as I remember.

Consciously or sub-consciously exercising bias in that way is, I think, highly likely!  But don't ask me to prove that.

In short, the home team gets the benefit of the doubt, road team doesn't.

Star player/veteran star player gets benefit of call, normal player does not.

Successful team gets benefit of doubt, poor record team does not.

If I'm an official and I see a mediocre DB covering one of the star receivers in the league, and then there's a coming together and no catch, I think it makes sense to assume the "error" was probably on the part of the mediocre DB, and not the superstar WR.

If it was reversed, superstar DB and mediocre WR, the call would be the opposite.  

I.E., there are certain factors lurking in the back of the official's mind that might make him go one way and not the other on a 50/50 type call, and not just what was happening on the field in front of him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.