If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Some people just like to complain about other people complaining on message boards.  Ignore it.  People with eyes realize we got the short end of the stick and the stick has an impact on who wins and loses each game. While bad officiating is rarely, if ever, the sole factor in determining who won or lost a game…..there are far too many games that have their outcome affected by terrible officiating.  

we didn’t lose solely because of the refs, but we probably would’ve won if the officials hadn’t missed 3 crucial PIs.  

The adult walked into the room.  But the adult doesn’t walk into the room when fans are crying and tripping all over themselves while they blame wins and losses on officiating.  As if it will make any difference either way.

Virtually every gameday thread criticizes the officiating with a whoa is me attitude.  The league is squarely against the Buffalo Bills winning a Super Bowl.  This is what many fans in this forum believe.  If you have failed to notice that, then you haven’t spent much time on GDTs.

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I personally think it COULD have been called DPI and obviously would have preferred that outcome. But the fact of the matter is that the league lets players fight it out on those last-second red zone plays unless the PI is really bad. The call on Wallace vs Evans, however, was about as bad of a call as you'll see.  Evans literally pulls Wallace towards him and prevents Wallace from turning his head and making a play on the ball.

funrf62eh8581.png?width=456&format=png&a

Totally agreed with the Wallace call they had absolutely no business making that call especially after the diggs no call.  They were missing pi’s on the bucs all night or I would totally agree with you…50+ passes…5+ blatant jersey grabs…not a single flag against the bucs for pi/holding.  So the whole ‘you know that’s probably a penalty but we don’t want to be the story of the game’ narrative from the refs just doesn’t fly on that diggs play at the end of regulation…they have to throw the flag there.  Then the audacity to call Wallace for dpi in OT is just incredible 

44 minutes ago, BTB said:

So the game was rigged to go to OT?   😂😂😂

How else were the Bucs gonna win? If they call that PI... That puts Bills on Goal line with a fresh set of downs and only 1/2 a minute left.  I like our odds of winning right there!

Even holding gives Bills a fresh set of downs 5 yards close.   It was clearly holding, if not PI 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

A couple of things about the ref issue yesteday:

1) Even if some of the calls were one sided, the refs aren't the reason the Bills didn't show up in the 1st half and fell behind 24-3 early.

2) If there was truly a conspiracy for a Bucs/Pats SB you'll see it happen when it matters in the playoffs to screw other teams and ensure they keep advancing, not in the regular season to ensure they both get the #1 seed because obviously both teams are on the way to the playoffs regardless of final records this year.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Totally agreed with the Wallace call they had absolutely no business making that call especially after the diggs no call.  They were missing pi’s on the bucs all night or I would totally agree with you…50+ passes…5+ blatant jersey grabs…not a single flag against the bucs for pi/holding.  So the whole ‘you know that’s probably a penalty but we don’t want to be the story of the game’ narrative from the refs just doesn’t fly on that diggs play at the end of regulation…they have to throw the flag there.  Then the audacity to call Wallace for dpi in OT is just incredible 

They called the Bills twice for defensive holding and once for twice for PI. The two holds were nullified by offsetting penalties. The PI against Jackson was close to a really good play by him but he got his arm around Gronkowski and it was a fair call. I have my doubts, however, that that would have been called against a Tampa DB. 

2 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

The adult walked into the room.  But the adult doesn’t walk into the room when fans are crying and tripping all over themselves while they blame wins and losses on officiating.  As if it will make any difference either way.

Virtually every gameday thread criticizes the officiating with a whoa is me attitude.  The league is squarely against the Buffalo Bills winning a Super Bowl.  This is what many fans in this forum believe.  If you have failed to notice that, then you haven’t spent much time on GDTs.

Yea I think we’re having a bit of a boy who cried wolf moment here…complaints about the refs are not gonna be taken seriously if you complain about the refs every time there’s a bad call 😂 but to me at least this game was special…in a bad way of course.  How the bucs secondary skated through that game not getting called for a single penalty is absolutely mind boggling but obviously nothing can be done about it now.  Other people might say it’s an anti bills thing but every time I see a game like this Tom Brady is on one of the teams so I don’t think it has anything to do with the bills lol he was getting that opportunity for a walk off win in OT to set the passing TD record unless diggs was decapitated in the end zone. 

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

1) Even if some of the calls were one sided, the refs aren't the reason the Bills didn't show up in the 1st half and fell behind 24-3 early.

2) If there was truly a conspiracy for a Bucs/Pats SB you'll see it happen when it matters in the playoffs to screw other teams and ensure they keep advancing, not in the regular season to ensure they both get the #1 seed because obviously both teams are on the way to the playoffs regardless of final records this year.

I mean the most blatant uncalled pi in the game happened in the first half and cost us 3 or 7 points.  Also getting the bye is ENORMOUS especially in the NFC. I don’t think the bucs can run that 3 game gauntlet to get to the Super Bowl.  Bucs likely weren’t gonna catch the packers if we won last night. The only reason they are the 1 seed is because Aaron rodgers missed the chiefs game with Covid to begin with 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea I think we’re having a bit of a boy who cried wolf moment here…complaints about the refs are not gonna be taken seriously if you complain about the refs every time there’s a bad call 😂 but to me at least this game was special…in a bad way of course.  How the bucs secondary skated through that game not getting called for a single penalty is absolutely mind boggling but obviously nothing can be done about it now.  Other people might say it’s an anti bills thing but every time I see a game like this Tom Brady is on one of the teams so I don’t think it has anything to do with the bills lol he was getting that opportunity for a walk off win in OT to set the passing TD record unless diggs was decapitated in the end zone. 

Because it keeps Tuck Rule out of memory and instills a falsified legitimacy.  Keep telling people a lie, they eventually believe it!

30 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I am at a loss to understand where you are going with this line of argument. First of all, I did not say, nor think that the NFL is rigged. What I do believe, and is obvious to most, is that officiating is very very inconsistent across games, but more importantly within the same game. This is a problem. 

Of course we as fans cannot directly do anything about it. But as with playcalling and player performance, fans tend to talk about things that influenced the outcome of the game. Thats what fans do, that is why this board exists and has thrived. 

But you are going on and  on that fans should not blame the officials, when clearly they were a factor in the outcome yesterday. 

I understand where you’re coming from. Do you think I’m happy that the Bills are losing games right now? Yes, the officials were a factor in yesterday’s game. A few flags did not have to be thrown and maybe MAYBE the Bills would have won.  However, that is a big MAYBE.  Did the PI call in OT automatically lose the game for us?  No.  Brady threw a TD pass. Where was the defense there? A focused and well coached team focuses on one play at a time.  The Bills can’t seem to execute that.  

Controversial calls are a part of sports.  How about that call that went against the Saints a few years ago that knocked them out of the playoffs? The call against the Cowboys in Green Bay in the playoffs..  I believe they ruled that Dez Bryant did not complete the catch even though he had possession and turned around while never losing control of the football near the sideline.  It happens..

and not just to the Bills or Sabres. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How else were the Bucs gonna win? If they call that PI... That puts Bills on Goal line with a fresh set of downs and only 1/2 a minute left.  I like our odds of winning right there!

Even holding gives Bills a fresh set of downs 5 yards close.   It was clearly holding, if not PI 

Then why didn’t the refs call a slew of penalties against the Bills in the 2nd half to keep them from getting back in the game?   The game was not rigged…no game is. 

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

And?  I already said the refs nudge games.  It's not scripted.  For example, Bills/Jags I believe refs were told to keep it close, then let the Bills win.  Bad calls kept it close, then the bad calls stopped.  Bufallo had ample chance to win, and blew it.

OK, so lets say this is what happened.  What was the purpose of it?  What perceived benefit was there to keeping the game close, then letting the Bills win?
Also, who "tells" the refs to do things like this?  The NFL? Vegas?  Assuming you think this has been going on for many seasons, do you believe that in all that time in all those games there wouldn't be 1 disgruntled NFL-employee/Vegas-employee/Ref that would blow the whistle?

I mean no offense, but I see zero logic at all in your statement.

• Vomit 1

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Don’t kid yourself, these games are determining playoff seeding. The Bills winning vs  Tampa would change the dynamic in the AFCE. Without a top tier QB, the Pats would benefit the most of possibly any AFC team by getting the bye. You probably aren’t winning 3 playoff games with Mac Jones. 
 As for the Tampa game, it was a 3 point game in the final moments of regulation. Tampa did little in the second half , so you could say the same about how they got to that point. The sequence of scoring doesn’t matter at all, just that the score was close with just a minute to play. Rationalizing away the impact of obviously bad calls/ non calls is nonsensical in this instance. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe, possibly, who knows man.. I hope this team can just dust itself off at this point.  The last few weeks have been disasters and every game from here on out is a must win.  They have the personnel to do it.  I’m not sure if they have the coaching to do it.  That said, I predicted that they would lose to the Bucs but win the next four.  I have a weird feeling that it will happen.  

If the Bills do not make the playoffs this season, I think that Sean should be on the hot seat as a result.  Just one fan’s opinion.

1 minute ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I understand where you’re coming from. Do you think I’m happy that the Bills are losing games right now? Yes, the officials were a factor in yesterday’s game. A few flags did not have to be thrown and maybe MAYBE the Bills would have won.  However, that is a big MAYBE.  Did the PI call in OT automatically lose the game for us?  No.  Brady threw a TD pass. Where was the defense there? A focused and well coached team focuses on one play at a time.  The Bills can’t seem to execute that.  

Controversial calls are a part of sports.  How about that call that went against the Saints a few years ago that knocked them out of the playoffs? The call against the Cowboys in Green Bay in the playoffs..  I believe they ruled that Dez Bryant did not complete the catch even though he had possession and turned around while never losing control of the football near the sideline.  It happens..

Oh yea I think we have had this same convo in like 3 different threads 😂 but if it was just that late questionable no call on that diggs play I would be a lot more understanding and totally agree with you.  We got flagged 5 times for DPI/holding most of which was a lot softer than what the bucs were doing all game. We threw 50+ times on them and despite trying to remove diggs’ jersey at every possible opportunity their dbs get called for 0 penalties out of 50+ passing plays? Something is not right there…over the course of the game the bad calls usually even themselves out but everything went the bucs way this game right down to the spots.  Obviously in a huge moment late in a game refs don’t like to insert themselves into the conversation but they very much owed us that call and it was clear PI and not even close to controversial if they throw a flag there 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Well, sure, the Bills should have won the game, even with the calls.   That's clear.   But that doesn't mean the calls aren't worth talking about.  They happened, and they happened largely one way.   There were some obvious missed calls that could very well have changed the outcome of the game.  Those are facts, and if people want to talk about that, there's good reason to talk about it.  If you're not interested, if that's not an aspect of the game you want to talk about, fine.  But it's real, it happened, and people want to talk about it.  It's not a meaningless topic just because (1) the Bills could have won anyway or (2) it's happened to other teams.   54 passing plays without one penalty on the defensive backfield must be some kind of record in the modern NFL, especially where there is clear photographic evidence of multiple blatant holds by the defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

If it had been a stupid play call which cost us, and I suppose you coul argue with the 4 and 3 punt it was to an extent, then that's one thing but the calls were ridiculous. No PI for us but as soon as Evans wrapped up Wallace they couldn't wait to get the flags out.

All we want is fairness and an even-handed approach. Get that and we would have had a great chance of winning today.

This is why the NFL feels boring to me, it feels so scripted and outcomes are easy to predict. I should’ve bet money on the game I probably would’ve won a few 1,000 again

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Don’t kid yourself, these games are determining playoff seeding. The Bills winning vs  Tampa would change the dynamic in the AFCE. Without a top tier QB, the Pats would benefit the most of possibly any AFC team by getting the bye. You probably aren’t winning 3 playoff games with Mac Jones. 
 As for the Tampa game, it was a 3 point game in the final moments of regulation. Tampa did little in the second half , so you could say the same about how they got to that point. The sequence of scoring doesn’t matter at all, just that the score was close with just a minute to play. Rationalizing away the impact of obviously bad calls/ non calls is nonsensical in this instance. 

Right I think the pats have little to no shot at winning 4 playoff games as it stands despite being easily the most consistent team in the afc. Some silly team is going to get very hot at the right time and they’re not going to be able to win a shootout. Winning 2 games to get to the super bowl if they get the bye…sure I can see that.  I want to add a disclaimer to this and say I haven’t seen the pats get any super favorable officiating like the bucs got last night they are playing well and have not needed any extra help lol but if we win last night the division title is a coin flip with us almost guaranteed to having the division tiebreaker 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm not disagreeing about the bad calls, the Bills were screwed but that's why it also begs the question why on earth this coaching thought it was a smart move to run a low percentage fad to a smallish WR in Diggs knowing the flags weren't going their way and the Bucs were not going to essentially lose the game on that type of call.

It was pretty much the Titans game all over again but this time McDermott played for OT instead of the tie.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea I think we have had this same convo in like 3 different threads 😂 but if it was just that late questionable no call on that diggs play I would be a lot more understanding and totally agree with you.  We got flagged 5 times for DPI/holding most of which was a lot softer than what the bucs were doing all game. We threw 50+ times on them and despite trying to remove diggs’ jersey at every possible opportunity their dbs get called for 0 penalties out of 50+ passing plays? Something is not right there…over the course of the game the bad calls usually even themselves out but everything went the bucs way this game right down to the spots.  Obviously in a huge moment late in a game refs don’t like to insert themselves into the conversation but they very much owed us that call and it was clear PI and not even close to controversial if they throw a flag there 

Lol.. yeah I know about the multiple threads.  😂 

I don’t think it would hurt to do this: The Bills FO should study the film and contact the league office.. demanding a response.  Meanwhile, Sean needs to prepare the team for the stretch run and emphasize winning every individual battle which will lead to winning a game.  A game.  Not games.. but one game.  This team can go on a winning streak.  I’m tellin’ ya. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

They called the Bills twice for defensive holding and once for twice for PI. The two holds were nullified by offsetting penalties. The PI against Jackson was close to a really good play by him but he got his arm around Gronkowski and it was a fair call. I have my doubts, however, that that would have been called against a Tampa DB. 

Yea that’s kind of my point…we had absolutely textbook no doubter holds/PIs on Tampa that were not called so what gives.  Clearly you’re not letting both teams play because you’re flagging one team for them.  That play where diggs’ jersey gets stretched for 5 yards in the first half was literally laughable…romo laughed and said ‘how is that not PI’ 😂 I have no doubt the nfl reviews that and feels similarly that we got a bit robbed and who knows maybe we start getting calls in the future 

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Lol.. yeah I know about the multiple threads.  😂 

I don’t think it would hurt to do this: The Bills FO should study the film and contact the league office.. demanding a response.  Meanwhile, Sean needs to prepare the team for the stretch run and emphasize winning every individual battle which will lead to winning a game.  A game.  Not games.. but one game.  This team can go on a winning streak.  I’m tellin’ ya. 

Yep I’m totally on board with that… I think we’re due for some questionable calls going our way after that one. Sucks that the division was super winnable if we win that game…just goes to show you how important each individual play is.  If Josh’s foot is an inch to the right we were right in the thick of it.  Now we’re 60/40 to make the playoffs.  Kind of deserved after blowing a game to the jags.  It’s just rough because it’s one of those things you just know is gonna happen…I’m still fired up about the nonsense that won Tampa it’s week 1 game over Dallas and that’s an all nfc game that I shouldn’t even care about haha 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, sure, the Bills should have won the game, even with the calls.   That's clear.   But that doesn't mean the calls aren't worth talking about.  They happened, and they happened largely one way.   There were some obvious missed calls that could very well have changed the outcome of the game.  Those are facts, and if people want to talk about that, there's good reason to talk about it.  If you're not interested, if that's not an aspect of the game you want to talk about, fine.  But it's real, it happened, and people want to talk about it.  It's not a meaningless topic just because (1) the Bills could have won anyway or (2) it's happened to other teams.   54 passing plays without one penalty on the defensive backfield must be some kind of record in the modern NFL, especially where there is clear photographic evidence of multiple blatant holds by the defense.  

I usually stay away from the whole “conspiracy / shoot the ref” crowd.  But it’s just been brewing jet black in this foruk as of late so I decided to give my two cents.. which lead to a dollar. 🤣  I think I’ve had my fill.

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This is why the NFL feels boring to me, it feels so scripted and outcomes are easy to predict. I should’ve bet money on the game I probably would’ve won a few 1,000 again

Yea to throw a comment the other sides direction…what can you do though besides play better.  It’s not like you can court martial these refs or something 😂 

21 minutes ago, BTB said:

Then why didn’t the refs call a slew of penalties against the Bills in the 2nd half to keep them from getting back in the game?   The game was not rigged…no game is. 

Rigged is really NOT the right word.  They "push" outcomes.  

Refs wanted Bills back in game.  Better narrative.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea that’s kind of my point…we had absolutely textbook no doubter holds/PIs on Tampa that were not called so what gives.  Clearly you’re not letting both teams play because you’re flagging one team for them.  That play where diggs’ jersey gets stretched for 5 yards in the first half was literally laughable…romo laughed and said ‘how is that not PI’ 😂 I have no doubt the nfl reviews that and feels similarly that we got a bit robbed and who knows maybe we start getting calls in the future 

Yep I’m totally on board with that… I think we’re due for some questionable calls going our way after that one. Sucks that the division was super winnable if we win that game…just goes to show you how important each individual play is. 

The Bills can still make some noise.  But if they lose the next game??  

It’s on to the 2022 season and maybe the Sabres can turn things around???  Not betting on it tho.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KeLLy1278 said:

The Bills can still make some noise.  But if they lose the next game??  

It’s on to the 2022 season and maybe the Sabres can turn things around???  Not betting on it tho.

Yea I really wouldn’t be shocked if they started putting it together down the stretch…outside of the colts game,which seems like a bit of an outlier where neither the offense or the defense could play, we have been a real tough out and the plays are there to be made we just haven’t been executing with normally reliable guys

43 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

The fans are venting on a message board.  The adult, for some reason, thinks this is business meeting with money on the table. That’s not the case.  Welcome to the message board…..the place where we come to celebrate when we win and cry when we lose.  Wake up, splash some water on your face.  If you don’t like it, don’t  click on the thread entitled” If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game”.  That’s what the adult in you would do.  But, yeah. Episode 2 Judge GIF by The Simpsons

24 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm not disagreeing about the bad calls, the Bills were screwed but that's why it also begs the question why on earth this coaching thought it was a smart move to run a low percentage fad to a smallish WR in Diggs knowing the flags weren't going their way and the Bucs were not going to essentially lose the game on that type of call.

It was pretty much the Titans game all over again but this time McDermott played for OT instead of the tie.

So now the coaches are supposed to “NOT CALL CERTAIN PLAYS” because the refs are going to give us a call..     lol. The coaches are literally supposed to change their play calls because the officials suck.  That’s how bad it is.  The coaches calling a fade isn’t the problem.  Your trying way to hard to cry about the coaches.  They rightly deserve a lot of the blame for the loss…..but don’t blame it on their inability to adapt to the referees.  Seriously 

I haven't read the entire post, so forgive me if I'm being redundant but I've been very vocal over the years about my displeasure of the officials and the NFL product as a whole.

If the officials would just stay out of the way and only call the blatant fouls and be consistent in that, then nobody would have a problem. Think the Monday night game vs New England. They kept their flags in their pockets and nobody had a problem because they were consistent! The refs are not the stars of the show here, but you'd think otherwise at how flag happy they are. 

Now, you don't need a tin foil had to understand that this league is all about viewership and ad revenue. Teams with certain storylines or market sizes always get favorable calls. These owners are greedy old men with a massive cash cow on their hands. They collude to make decisions that increase revenue for the whole, even at the expense of the product and it's legitimacy.  Nobody holds them accountable, and they know that.  They don't even have a relegation system like other leagues, haha. It's a nice club to be in and unfortunately you and I aren't invited. 

Don't get me started about NFL's treatment of its athletes, it's feel good causes, and it's slap on the wrist "punishments." Did you guys notice during the Bucs game the back, to back, to back commercial breaks. Are you kidding me!? Are the commercials the main product here or is it not the football which we all love. I digress. 

Now some of these points may be exaggerated and I might be a bit bitter, I admit but it still does not make it any less true. 

As someone said in another post, if it wasn't for our the love of the Bills, we would of stopped watching a long time ago. 

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The fans are venting on a message board.  The adult, for some reason, thinks this is business meeting with money on the table. That’s not the case.  Welcome to the message board…..the place where we come to celebrate when we win and cry when we lose.  Wake up, splash some water on your face.  If you don’t like it, don’t  click on the thread entitled” If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game”.  That’s what the adult in you would do.  But, yeah. Ok

The arrogance spray is thick..  but you failed to recognize that I in fact perceived YOU as the adult.  The game is over and you missed the point entirely.  You also advised me to omit a thread and advised other members to ignore my posts… yet you showed that you disagree with my posts since you chose to comment on them.  We’re all just waiting to read the next contradiction at this point.  

Reminds me of something my father used to tell people who couldn’t really agree on much or get along for one reason or another.  “Don’t go away mad.. just go away.” 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I just watched Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayliss.  Sharpe said it was PI and if they didnt call it there, shouldnt of called it against us in OT, have to have consistency.   Bayliss I kid you not, thought it should of been pass interference against Diggs.   You cant be dumber than Skip Bayliss, it is impossible.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

The arrogance spray is thick..  but you failed to recognize that I in fact perceived YOU as the adult.  The game is over and you missed the point entirely.  You also advised me to omit a thread and advised other members to ignore my posts… yet you showed that you disagree with my posts since you chose to comment on them.  We’re all just waiting to read the next contradiction at this point.  

Reminds me of something my father used to tell people who couldn’t really agree on much or get along for one reason or another.  “Don’t go away mad.. just go away.” 

Apologies.  I was quick to comment after reading your first paragraph.  I didn’t read the 2nd paragraph.  

Been here awhile.  Thanks for the advice though.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, theRalph said:

That, by definition, is "Rigged".

Man you guys need help.

The refs CANT RIG THE GAME !!

To rig a game the outcome has to be predetermined on who wins and who loses, which require the entire league and all the people in it to be in on the fix.

However a ref can make certain calls that help one team more than others. Now who is giving them these orders ,that i cant say, is it the commissioner, is it the networks, maybe Vegas, how about the mafia, who knows. One thing is clear certain teams and or players seem to get more calls than others.

20 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

By definition.. influencing the way they want it to go is rigging it

No, see above

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

The fans are venting on a message board.  The adult, for some reason, thinks this is business meeting with money on the table. That’s not the case.  Welcome to the message board…..the place where we come to celebrate when we win and cry when we lose.  Wake up, splash some water on your face.  If you don’t like it, don’t  click on the thread entitled” If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game”.  That’s what the adult in you would do.  But, yeah. Episode 2 Judge GIF by The Simpsons

So now the coaches are supposed to “NOT CALL CERTAIN PLAYS” because the refs are going to give us a call..     lol. The coaches are literally supposed to change their play calls because the officials suck.  That’s how bad it is.  The coaches calling a fade isn’t the problem.  Your trying way to hard to cry about the coaches.  They rightly deserve a lot of the blame for the loss…..but don’t blame it on their inability to adapt to the referees.  Seriously 

They are not supposed to call plays at a critical juncture that have had a low % of being successful regardless of the officiating. Fades are best executed when the receiver has a physical & height advantage. We do not have a good track record on fades this season.

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

They are not supposed to call plays at a critical juncture that have had a low % of being successful regardless of the officiating. Fades are best executed when the receiver has a physical & height advantage. We do not have a good track record on fades this season.

Oh well.  They trusted an elite QB to throw a fade to one of the best ball tracking wrs ever.  Ever.  They weren’t expecting it and their CB got toasted…..had to cheat to prevent a TD. Sounds like a good play call to me.  It sounds like a bad play call now only becssue the officials decided to let them cheat.  A flag or a completed pass and it’s genius.  He was open. 

2 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

I just watched Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayliss.  Sharpe said it was PI and if they didnt call it there, shouldnt of called it against us in OT, have to have consistency.   Bayliss I kid you not, thought it should of been pass interference against Diggs.   You cant be dumber than Skip Bayliss, it is impossible.

That's why he's called Skip Braynless.

53 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh well.  They trusted an elite QB to throw a fade to one of the best ball tracking wrs ever.  Ever.  They weren’t expecting it and their CB got toasted…..had to cheat to prevent a TD. Sounds like a good play call to me.  It sounds like a bad play call now only becssue the officials decided to let them cheat.  A flag or a completed pass and it’s genius.  He was open. 

Just watched two failed fades to Hopkins, same problem, a fade generally needs to be thrown high for guaranteed success. A few games ago they threw it to Diggs and the first play there was a penalty, he did score on the second throw. It’s a poorly designed play when your receiver has no height advantage. Relying on getting the correct call or throwing the ball before you know if the receiver is going to break from close coverage is not a smart risk to take. It didn’t work, we didn’t get the call. All we needed was a first down, there still was time, it was the wrong call.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

The Bills don't run a true fade.  Allen to Diggs on that side has become a go-to route for the Bills because of Allen's accuracy, Diggs's ability to shake defenders at the line of scrimmage, and Diggs's hands.   They love going there.   Of course, opponents know that.  And, of course, the Bills know the only defenders can stop it is by holding or interfering.  The Bills got exactly what they expected, except the ref didn't make the call.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.