Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

19 minutes ago, Process said:

We are better than the 4 teams we play after the Bucs. We will be huge favorites vs 3 of them.

I get why people are saying it's a must win, but it's really not. 

At this point this team just needs to get to the playoffs, even if it's ugly. We will still be in decent shape with a loss and will still have a shot at the division.

But again, from a mentality standpoint, I get it. Get blown out and fail to beat a good team again and it's gonna start feeling like a first round playoff exit for us this year.

I get your mentality and respect your opinion, however must disagree. 

Losing this game means we have to win out to hit 10-7 then HOPE that's good enough for the playoffs while having already lost to the Colts and Steelers that are also in the mix.

And while we SHOULD beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets...can't take any of those as "sure wins" this year. Also as last night proved, NE is completely capable of bettering us by hiding Jones and having a better game plan.

This team is now fighting for it's post season life. Every week becomes a must win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I get your mentality and respect your opinion, however must disagree. 

Losing this game means we have to win out to hit 10-7 then HOPE that's good enough for the playoffs while having already lost to the Colts and Steelers that are also in the mix.

And while we SHOULD beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets...can't take any of those as "sure wins" this year. Also as last night proved, NE is completely capable of bettering us by hiding Jones and having a better game plan.

This team is now fighting for it's post season life. Every week becomes a must win.

If we win out after the Bucs we are 11-6..

• Thank you (+1) 1

A Win somehow against the Bucs would be nice but right know that seems wishful thinking.

We need a Christmas miracle as the Boxing Day Pats game will loom large. Win that and I think we are good.

Lose that and I’m not sure we control jack squat and have to hope a few other games fall our way. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

Time is coming for the Bills to put it together. Will they?  Idk.  Can they?  I think so.  To win the AFC east Buffalo will need to win out imo.  

Tampa is a good team as well.  Lets see what Mcdermott does.  Probably the toughest season in his tenure.  The Bucs are a good team.  Winning there might provide the team with the swagger and confidence they lost in Tennessee. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

We are better than the 4 teams we play after the Bucs. We will be huge favorites vs 3 of them.

At this point this team just needs to get to the playoffs, even if it's ugly. We will still be in decent shape with a loss and will still have a shot at the division.

But again, from a mentality standpoint, I get it. Get blown out and fail to beat a good team again and it's gonna start feeling like a first round playoff exit for us this year.

One of those teams just literraly beat us less than 24 hours ago with their QB throwing 3 passes so I would obviously disagree and we are going to likely get smoked in the game in Foxboro.

But at this point it's hard to imagine the Bills being big favorites again other than perhaps the Jets game. Both the Panthers and Falcons are not gimmes and either team is capable of beating the Bills and beating them decisively for that matter.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

We have nearly a 90% shot at making the playoffs with 10 wins.

It is totally within our power to come away with 10 wins this year.  We could get 11 or even 12.

The back door is going to be our path to the playoffs as you say. 

We just need to "limp" in there with a weak record and then everything is erased and we start over.

Each new playoff game is like a new life and you never know what will happen in a given NFL football game.

I also still say, given normal weather, we will beat New England in Foxboro.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

I think we need to beat a good team, when they're playing well.

Of course I'll still have hope if we lose to the Bucs - as long as we have a winning record and show up prominently on the "in the hunt" graphic, I'll have hope.  We've had too many years where we were already mathematically eliminated by now for me to not appreciate and value having an excellent chance to make the playoffs at this point.

But this Bucs game probably means as much to me as a fan as any non-conference game in years.  We're getting blasted by everyone today, almost to the point of people talking about us like we're a joke.  I don't get all hurt over that - but it would be cool to shut everyone up.  Especially New England fans who think they won the division yesterday.

Edited by Success

25 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you're a recipe for disaster 10 out of 10 times. Light the bucs up with allen's arm. 

‘we’re certainly not going to win running the ball so guess that leaves either passing or maybe just punt on first down,honorably 

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.