Our nemesis The New England Patriots

Cygnus99

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

They are built like a 2000’s football team.  I dont fear them.  No one on their offense is dynamic.  Stop the run make Mac Jones throw.  Add star and Brown back into the line up and I see it as a mis match.  

I agree... but the Bills do need to... stop the run!

Putting 5 DLs at times, often using 54 along 49 & 58 on 1st downs. Make them throw!

If White is down, using 5-2-4 and 4-3-4 instead of the so far usual 4-2-5 could help stop the run. Not for all teams, but the heavy running teams like Pats, Colts, Titans, Ravens.

Bills have more weapons. They should win.

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Since our bye week, the Bills follow up solid performances with garbage performances.

Crushed the Dolphins

lost to the Jags

crushed the Jests

crushed by the Colts

crushed the Saints ...

Which Bills team will show up against the patriots ?

What do they call multiple personality disorder now?  Dissociative Identity Disorder?  Something like that?

That's the Bills.  You never know what team you'll get.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, sonyab1974 said:

I checked their schedule. They won the last 5 games. 😬 The next game on December 6th is scary!

It's going to be as big and important of a regular season Bills game as we have seen in a couple of years.

You can't overstate how huge it is.  

I will be a nervous wreck.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Bills have more weapons. They should win.

We have more weapons than they do, but we play their defense, not their offense.  If this was a Sep game in nice weather we'd have an advantage, but THEY are built for bad weather, we aren't.  It's a night game in Dec. outside, running means a lot more than normal.  It's going to be a low scoring affair and a slugfest, probably coming down to turnovers, special teams and penalties.  We have more weapons, they have Hoodie and McDaniel's against our brain trust.  Unfortunately there is much more at stake for us than there is for them.  Preseason expectations, recent struggles and criticism, the past domination in our heads, and the game is at our house.  If we lose it's big, for them it just doesn't mean as much and I think they feel that too.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

The Saints game was never going to give us any clarity on this team.  

New England should.  They, along with Indy, have been the most consistent AFC contenders as of late.    

That being said, I don’t think NE is anywhere near as dynamic as Indy on Offense, but their Defense (along with our OL starters back) should give us a better idea of where we are on Offense.  

Saints game gave me clarity…pretty good defense and we were still missing a few starters on the offensive line and we blew them out.   I was as negative as anyone after the Indy game but I think we blow out the pats assuming brown and feliciano and star are back…McDermott made Brady look pretty mortal running that NE offense I can’t imagine what he’s gonna do to Mack jones with 10 days to prepare 

52 minutes ago, P Riv said:

We have more weapons than they do, but we play their defense, not their offense.  If this was a Sep game in nice weather we'd have an advantage, but THEY are built for bad weather, we aren't.  It's a night game in Dec. outside, running means a lot more than normal.  It's going to be a low scoring affair and a slugfest, probably coming down to turnovers, special teams and penalties.  We have more weapons, they have Hoodie and McDaniel's against our brain trust.  Unfortunately there is much more at stake for us than there is for them.  Preseason expectations, recent struggles and criticism, the past domination in our heads, and the game is at our house.  If we lose it's big, for them it just doesn't mean as much and I think they feel that too.  

How do we even know what the pats are good at? They are playing the same terrible schedule as us lol is their statement win beating the browns who were missing both starting rbs and baker was playing injured? They seem very similar to us in that they’re blowing out average/bad teams and we don’t really know how they’ll perform against good/great ones 

5 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

We have to sweep them !! Is it gonna happened ? Probably not . Are we gonna get swept ? Probably not . I see a split . 

New England Patriots remaining schedule

Titans , At Bills , Bye , At Colts , Bills , at Jaguars , Dolphins : I see 4 wins for them 

Buffalo Bills remaining schedule

Patriots , At Bucs , Panthers , at Patriots , Falcons , NY Jets : I can see 4 wins we are not winning out 

Final standings Bills and Patriots 11-6 

There is a relatively high probability that the Bills and Patriots will have the same record I am thinking 11-6 . who would win the division ? I am hoping the Patriots fall apart but most likely that is not going to happen . If we win out which would be awesome yes the division is ours . GO BILLS ! 

I honestly have no fear of them I respect their franchise for their ability to kinda stay ahead of the curve and have officials in their back pocket but having seen a few of their games if you match their physicality you beat them and they owe Justin Herbert for having a major brain fart at the end of the chargers game 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1

IM(never)HO the key to the game will be #17's mindset. Win yesterday made a great roadtrip but very concerned about the 2 stupid interceptions and the unnecessary runs. Use your legs when the score dictates but don't risk injury (and the season) by cowboy {yippee ki yo vs dallas type) heroics when the game is firmly in hand. Confidence is good but smart play wins games.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's going to be as big and important of a regular season Bills game as we have seen in a couple of years.

You can't overstate how huge it is.  

I will be a nervous wreck.

Yeah very very HUGE and very very scary. I'll be a nervous wreck too!!!!

26 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

IM(never)HO the key to the game will be #17's mindset. Win yesterday made a great roadtrip but very concerned about the 2 stupid interceptions and the unnecessary runs. Use your legs when the score dictates but don't risk injury (and the season) by cowboy {yippee ki yo vs dallas type) heroics when the game is firmly in hand. Confidence is good but smart play wins games.

One of his INTs his arm was very clearly hit...I personally wouldn't call that a stupid play by Allen (like, at all).  And on his 1st INT, Brees even commented it looked like it was a miscommunication between Allen and Diggs (Allen thinking Diggs was going to break one way and Diggs broke the other way).  IMO these 2 pics were not the garden variety Hero Ball INTs Allen has been prone too now and again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The best defense against a strong running game imo is a strong offense.

The Colts dominated both lines of scrimmage. If NE does that it'll be a similar result.

Barring the return of a healthy Star and a crazed Oliver, the Bills lose the "push" matchup up the middle on both lines. NE very good at executing the long (time) drive.  Bigger concern for the Bills' offense.  Belichick will do everything he can to get into Allen's head and get him to unravel.  

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How do we even know what the pats are good at? They are playing the same terrible schedule as us lol is their statement win beating the browns who were missing both starting rbs and baker was playing injured? They seem very similar to us in that they’re blowing out average/bad teams and we don’t really know how they’ll perform against good/great ones 

They did play great against the Bucs and Cowboys. Well, their defense was great against the Bucs and their offense was great against the Cowboys. 

But their offense most recently didn't look that great against a questionable Falcons defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.