Our nemesis The New England Patriots

Cygnus99

We have to sweep them !! Is it gonna happened ? Probably not . Are we gonna get swept ? Probably not . I see a split . 

New England Patriots remaining schedule

Titans , At Bills , Bye , At Colts , Bills , at Jaguars , Dolphins : I see 4 wins for them 

Buffalo Bills remaining schedule

Patriots , At Bucs , Panthers , at Patriots , Falcons , NY Jets : I can see 4 wins we are not winning out 

Final standings Bills and Patriots 11-6 

There is a relatively high probability that the Bills and Patriots will have the same record I am thinking 11-6 . who would win the division ? I am hoping the Patriots fall apart but most likely that is not going to happen . If we win out which would be awesome yes the division is ours . GO BILLS ! 

25 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

We have to sweep them !! Is it gonna happened ? Probably not . Are we gonna get swept ? Probably not . I see a split . 

New England Patriots remaining schedule

Titans , At Bills , Bye , At Colts , Bills , at Jaguars , Dolphins : I see 4 wins for them 

Buffalo Bills remaining schedule

Patriots , At Bucs , Panthers , at Patriots , Falcons , NY Jets : I can see 4 wins we are not winning out 

Final standings Bills and Patriots 11-6 

There is a relatively high probability that the Bills and Patriots will have the same record I am thinking 11-6 . who would win the division ? I am hoping the Patriots fall apart but most likely that is not going to happen . If we win out which would be awesome yes the division is ours . GO BILLS ! 

If we split with the Pats and have same record, as long as we beat the Jets too we would win the division based on better division record (5-1 v 4-2).

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Even with a blowout win against the Saints I'm not confident going into Monday night.

The Saints game was never going to give us any clarity on this team.  

New England should.  They, along with Indy, have been the most consistent AFC contenders as of late.    

That being said, I don’t think NE is anywhere near as dynamic as Indy on Offense, but their Defense (along with our OL starters back) should give us a better idea of where we are on Offense.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed, 2nd string (at best) QB, and top 2 RBs out and the Aint's had no chance to score at all.  Even if just Kamara was healthy he is such a beast they would have had at least a chance.  That game was little more than a formality (albeit a costly one depending upon White's diagnosis).

But they are 11 games into their season.  How much more clarity are you looking for? :)  We know by now (barring injuries/covid) what they are, and what they are not.  

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 2

There have been a lot of disappointed Bills fans out there calling for Beane's, McD's, Daboll's, and/or Frazier's head.   A lot of it has to do with expectations.  We thought the AFC was ours this year and we'd prance through the season all the way to the Super Bowl.  Well, expectations are a deceptive b*tch.

Here's how I see it:  We're going into December, tied for the AFCE lead, with a critical game coming up against the Pats.  Compared to the sorry reality of a few years ago, this is a fantastical dream come true.  Meaningful games in December...  a real opportunity to take down the Pats - again...  I mean, this is really good stuff and I'm excited.  

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

Agreed, 2nd string (at best) QB, and top 2 RBs out and the Aint's had no chance to score at all.  Even if just Kamara was healthy he is such a beast they would have had at least a chance.  That game was little more than a formality.

But they are 11 games into their season.  How much more clarity are you looking for? :)  We know by now (barring injuries/covid) what they are, and what they are not.  

I honestly don’t think we know… we’re legitimately figuring out a few things… 

How to play as the hunted. 

How to play against the defense deployed to stop, specifically, Buffalo and KC.  

I think our Defense is what it is… (with Tre or without).   Elite against average or below Offenses.   Inconsistent against balanced/good Offenses.  

It’s up to our Offense to get back to the point where they’re putting 30+ on the board and allowing our Defense to play against teams trying to keep up.  

• Like (+1) 2

This you?

"I have a bad feeling that the Bills will get blown out by the Jets , the Bills may win 2 more games if that horrible performance continues"

"The offense will be a total disaster 5 interceptions and no score but somehow the Defense will shine and only allow 6 points ( 2 field goals ) Josh Allen will hit bottom of his career . The Buffalo Defense will score 7 points ( Touchdown ) from a Jets interception . FINAL : Bills 7 NY Jets 6 . The ugliest win of the franchise history "

"Saints 31 - Bills 16"

Gtfo of here

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

New England should.  They, along with Indy, have been the most consistent AFC contenders as of late.    

That being said, I don’t think NE is anywhere near as dynamic as Indy on Offense, but their Defense (along with our OL starters back) should give us a better idea of where we are on Offense.  

The Patriots can run the ball very well tho, which means I hope Star is back...

Amazingly, even after giving up 285 yards rushing to the Colts, we are still 4th in the NFL in rush yards per game allowed with only 96.6

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Monday NE HOME game is about as big a game as there is this year. Less about the win and more about the loss. A loss at home to NE would be devastation 

It feels like Knoxy is key to Josh comfort. Roll to right with Knox is the ultimate hard to defend option play. Hope his hand stays healthy. 

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Patriots can run the ball very well tho, which means I hope Star is back...

Amazingly, even after giving up 285 yards rushing to the Colts, we are still 4th in the NFL in rush yards per game allowed with only 96.6

The best defense against a strong running game imo is a strong offense.

The Colts dominated both lines of scrimmage. If NE does that it'll be a similar result.

• Agree 1

Titans, Bills, and Colts are all tough opponents for them. Even if they split with the Bills, they could easily lose to the others and end up with only two more wins.

Or they could beat everybody. You just have to see how the games play out. The two games against the Bills will determine the division.

I do think the Bills have the slightly easier remaining schedule. Two bad teams in the Jets and Falcons. The Panthers are middle of the road, but I like our chances against Cam.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.