Still my Team, Still my Bills!

Bag of Milk

I have lived in my other cities (Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia) that have won championships while I lived there in Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

What is one common thread through the championship seasons I witnessed?

There is always "We are doomed" moments that last for moments or throughout the whole season.

I say, take it all in, participate in the highs and lows, this is a team worth rooting for. 

Because one of these years Josh Allen is going to lead us to the Super Bowl!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

I have lived in my other cities (Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia) that have won championships while I lived there in Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

There is always "We are doomed" moments that last for moments or throughout the whole season.

I say, take it all in, participate in the highs and lows, this is a team worth rooting for. 

Same with me.  Washington DC, Chicago, Houston, Denver & Seattle.  Born & raised in BUF, so I am "doomed."

I'm losing my faith fast, when expectation were not so high it was easy to stay positive, but now its really hard.  I was able to to live with the Pitts and Ten loses, but the Jacksonville and Colts losses really hurt, and with the reassurance of the Pats. (ugh)  I've been doing this 40+ years, I just want one, just one, and I swear ill never asked again.  Please god just one.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bag of Milk said:

great, unbridled optimisim.  It’s nice to see, but I bet we felt the same way with Kelly, or the Dolphins with Marino, or the Marvin Lewis Bengals with Dalton.  This team is a better comp to the latter two right now than even the 90 Bills.  We are deficient in many key positions (ol, dl, rb).  

56 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Regardless of what happens this year, a stud RB an LG at highest priority for 2022.

This Smart-Throb i trust!

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 10.37.25 AM.png

don’t know why you trust him.   He drafted Ford (trading up), traded up for Edmunds, and drafted Basham last year over all-pro Creed Humphry.  Yeah, this guy can’t Id elite or above average ol or dl talent. 

• Vomit 1

30 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

don’t know why you trust him.   He drafted Ford (trading up), traded up for Edmunds, and drafted Basham last year over all-pro Creed Humphry.  Yeah, this guy can’t Id elite or above average ol or dl talent. 

So, cherrypick the bad moves, and leave out the many good ones?

No GM bats 1,000, or even close to it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After yesterday’s debacle, I still dawned my Bills hoodie this morning to walk the dog.  Looking at the few pieces of Bills memorabilia that I own still makes me smile ear to ear and I still have a few things that I want to add.  My children both have Bills t-shirts and sweatshirts, hats etc.. same thing with the Buffalo Sabres since I LOVE hockey!  (I like the Sabres, Bruins & Flyers) I currently live in LA but it doesn’t matter where you are rooting from.  I have lived in NYC and LA but I root for Buffalo sports.  It may make me angry sometimes but I can’t even imagine rooting for another football team if they play the Bills.  They had some amazing wins in the 80s and 90s.  I can never turn my back.

GO BILLS GO!  JUST WIN THAT’S ALL!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

After yesterday’s debacle, I still dawned my Bills hoodie this morning to walk the dog.  Looking at the few pieces of Bills memorabilia that I own still makes me smile ear to ear and I still have a few things that I want to add.  My children both have Bills t-shirts and sweatshirts, hats etc.. same thing with the Buffalo Sabres since I LOVE hockey!  (I like the Sabres, Bruins & Flyers) I currently live in LA but it doesn’t matter where you are rooting from.  I have lived in NYC and LA but I root for Buffalo sports.  It may make me angry sometimes but I can’t even imagine rooting for another football team if they play the Bills.  They had some amazing wins in the 80s and 90s.  I can never turn my back.

GO BILLS GO!  JUST WIN THAT’S ALL!!!

Great post!  Same here.  I love being a Bills fan, despite the ups & downs.  It's a big part of who I am, which sounds weird sometimes to non-sports people.

I'm all in, and always will be.  Hopefully, we all get that ultimate pay-off at some point w/ a SB win, but if it doesn't happen, I'll have no regrets.

• Like (+1) 2

Bills fan forever and all of that still hits home.  It always will.  

Still, this loss left me unusually discouraged and empty as a fan.  After 50 plus years on the rollercoaster,  I thought I had perfected the art of not getting too high after wins (or good seasons) and not getting too low after the tough ones.  But my oh my, how we are coming to know how expectations can be a bi***.  Surprisingly, this team appears to have no soul at the moment.  I had previously thought that was their ace in the hole.  If that soul, that "culture"  is real, or still in there somewhere, now would be a great time to show it.  

After watching yesterday, my inner football fan just wanted to sit in a dark, smokey room and start writing country and western songs...  "And Then They Broke My F***ing Heart".  Has a nice twang to it.  

It seems that all too much in recent weeks, this team has made me "want to shout", for all of the wrong reasons.  Appropriately, I guess, it comes down to proving it against the Pats.  Have some soul Buffalo Bills.  You are out of wake up calls.  Playoffs start now.  If you are real, show us.  Choose any cliche that feels right or makes us feel better.  We'll still be there next year, the year after etc...  but please remind us why sometime soon.

Edited by cwater10
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Bills fan forever and all of that still hits home.  It always will.  

Still, this loss left me unusually discouraged and empty as a fan.  After 50 plus years on the rollercoaster,  I thought I had perfected the art of not getting too high after wins (or good seasons) and not getting too low after the tough ones.  But my oh my, how we are coming to know how expectations can be a bi***.  Surprisingly, this team appears to have no soul at the moment.  I had previously thought that was their ace in the hole.  If that soul, that "culture"  is real, or still in there somewhere, now would be a great time to show it.  

After watching yesterday, my inner football fan just wanted to sit in a dark, smokey room and start writing country and western songs...  "And Then They Broke My F***ing Heart".  Has a nice twang to it.  

It seems that all too much in recent weeks, this team has made me "want to shout", for all of the wrong reasons.  Appropriately, I guess, it comes down to proving it against the Pats.  Have some soul Buffalo Bills.  You are out of wake up calls.  Playoffs start now.  If you are real, show us.  Choose any cliche that feels right or makes us feel better.  We'll still be there next year, the year after etc...  but please remind us why sometime soon.

I could not care any less how.  Just win!  I don’t care who gets the credit.. just win!

I’ve said this before but I’ve never said it on this forum since I’m a Johnny come lately on here so I might as well ring in the new membership this way…

I don’t care who the coaches are.  I don’t care who the players are, where they practice, who the GM is, who the owner is.  I don’t care if they play on grass or if they play outdoors for another three decades.. just win!  When all the personnel is unrecognizable in years to come I will still be a Bills fan.  

I don’t care about statistics, this of the year, that of the year, he made all pro, he didn’t make all pro.  That’s all great… winning playoff games is what counts for me.  Remembering a great play that was made in a big spot.  That’s what I love most.  The joy of beating another team when it really counts never gets old.  Bills 4 Life.. but I’m no deer in headlights cheerleader either.  I’m not going to be a mindless shill for this team.  If I feel that something is wrong I will call them out every single time.  If they win a big game??  I will be among the first people to cheer like a madman!!  That’s how I root for this team.  I don’t know any other way.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

where are the good draft picks beyond Allen.  I'll wait.  Bean has been below average.  I'm not expecting him to bat 1,000, I'm expecting competency, not a "throw various picks at DEs and hope one sticks" approach while ignoring the OL and RB position.  

4 hours ago, Success said:

He gets a lot more right than wrong. I find it tiresome and lazy to cherry pick like that. You have to win on draft picks more often than the other 31 teams.

Yes, we have some weak spots. What team can you NOT say that about. It’s a work in progress. Always. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

I ride & die w/ Buffalo. I will never count this team out w/ Allen at QB. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.