11/21 Colts at Bills, Postgame Postmortem Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m hoping for a 5-12 finish and a top 10 pick. I’m hoping for Trevor Penning OT. I haven’t looked to much into the guards in 2022 but it doesn’t look like a good draft class for guards and centers this year.

Him and Spencer Brown would bring the toughness the offensive line needs. And a physical center

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

KC was their superbowl.  People don't want to hear this but the Bills can't beat good teams and they have a run of good teams ahead of them.  Let's stop talking superbowl and hope we can squeak into a WC slot.  It'll be great to go on the road to Pitt or Indy and get run all over

Its not to soon to talk about next year.  Let's gut the big contracts on the DL that are getting us nowhere and see if we can get some actual competent OL.  Maybe some of the big OL contracts need to be examined too, they're underperforming terribly. 

OL underperforming is putting it lightly. We need to replace Boettger and Ford after the season. Williams can only play RG and that's marginal. And even Dawkins is having a tough year. Fixing the OL has to be the #1 priority. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not making excuses, but not have Star, Edmunds and Brown hurts. The turnovers were killer, especially McKenzies fumble that resulted in a quick TD. The D couldnt stop the run as Indys OL was pushing the DL back 3 yards before Taylor hit the line of scrimmage. We should of focused on the run and make Wentz beat us. Penalties. bad QB play. Drops. This team has issues and they believe too much of their own hype. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is kind of looking like beating KC was our “Super Bowl” indeed.

I will point out, though, that every team has a tipping point where enough starters being out affects them.  I think Star and Edmunds on D and 3 backup OLmen on O may be that point for us.

I’m here to say what you’re afraid to say. I got you.

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Expecting them to win enough games to get a WC spot is Pollyanna-ish.  Which of these games do you believe the Bills can win?

New Orleans

New England (lol)

Tampa (lllooollllll)

Carolina 

New England

Atlanta

New York

Out of those I see Atlanta and New York as probable wins.  None of the others.  winning 8 games will not get us into the playoffs.

I agree with this.

Just now, Bruffalo said:

McD and Fraiser's defense is just overrated.  The whole thing falls apart when you face a guy like Henry, or Taylor. The "bend don't break" approach doesn't work when you get broke up front whenever they want.

I’m not sure that it’s terrible, but it badly needs a better space eating defensive tackle. The players that they have been rolling out beside Ed this season just haven’t cut it in the running game. Someone needs to take up two blockers and push that line back. Perhaps the biggest issue is that Beane hasn’t addressed that

Today reinforced what I knew -- we ain't all that.  We are a soft team that cannot run or stop the run. And like it or not, that's how you win games. Forget about the #1 seed, forget about the division IMO, and it's a long shot for the wild card with losses to Pittsburgh, Titans and Indy. We are soft and easily pushed around. And if you didn't like today, you're going to hate losing two to the Pats, because thay can run, stop the run and play methodical end of season tough football. We were built to beat KC. Mission accomplished. But now every team with real D and O lines will slap us around. So that's why I didn't watch today. Went deer hunting and knew we'd get our asses kicked-- and we did.  Time to rebuild the trenches and hope for a better outcome next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I really wish our offense was different. I’m starting to really not like Dabol. This should be an under center, play action heavy, big formation efficient on time offense. To often we bail on it and just go shot gun spread non stop. Singletary should be getting 80% of the snaps. Moss is so slow. The first 8 or 9 plays of this game were great until we got a penalty. Then we just bailed on it and went right back to the garbage that has been figured out. If Josh isn’t on, we have no chance. I hate that. At least the 2019 Offense was an attempt at sustainable balance. That team didn’t have extreme talent on offense but I loved the way the games were called. Josh is at his best with 250 passing yards and 2 tds and 50 rushing yards and a Td. Stop trying to throw from the spread every down. More 2014 Cam Newton and less 2015 Drew Brees

9 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Why are our Bills so bad in Buffalo weather??

This game was pretty much over by the time it started raining. The rain and wind was just the icing on the cake 

This game was pretty much over by the time it started raining. The rain and wind was just the icing on the cake 

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I know our defense got destroyed today, so is it weird that I’m more confused by the offense? That was a historically bad defensive performance, but regardless, I want to see more out of Josh. I’m as big of a fan as the next guy, but he’s our future. The defense can always be worked on and refined. I want to see more elite consistency from Allen at this point. I gave him a pass for the Jaguars debacle, but I’d like to see fewer bad games. 

Offense did well, and the scheme was sound. Just some bad execution mistakes at really bad times (3rd down drops, penalties, fumble).  If there is a complaint, it’s that Josh could and should take more what the defense is giving him. He could have had Beasley for 6-yard passes any time he wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is kind of looking like beating KC was our “Super Bowl” indeed.

I will point out, though, that every team has a tipping point where enough starters being out affects them.  I think Star and Edmunds on D and 3 backup OLmen on O may be that point for us.

Nope.  Pittsburgh, Titans and Indy. Big and tough teams that know how to beat soft teams and that's what we are. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Expecting them to win enough games to get a WC spot is Pollyanna-ish.  Which of these games do you believe the Bills can win?

New Orleans

New England (lol)

Tampa (lllooollllll)

Carolina 

New England

Atlanta

New York

Out of those I see Atlanta and New York as probable wins.  None of the others.  winning 8 games will not get us into the playoffs.

I agree with Atlanta and New York.  I also believe we can beat Tampa (yes....they are not a physical team and their Defense is not great this year), I believe we can beat the Panthers, and I expect us to split with the Patriots.  This all presupposes we get players back from injury and covid reserve.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.