11/21 Colts at Bills, Postgame Postmortem Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Man, I'm still really frustrated with that thick, heavy yet healthy, and creamy dropping of manbearpig ***** that was left on the field yesterday! I mean I don't have an issue with losing, although obviously all are disappointing, but it's how they lost. Even with the injuries on OL I expected more out of the Offense than that.

Dline and Defense in general for that matter just fell off a cliff...So much for the best D in the league talk. Idk, no clue what to expect going forward lol. Very disappointed and really surprised for that matter with everything they showed from top to bottom.

This team is not built to play from behind. When do we ever come back? This team was the only team that never trailed at halftime going into yesterday…once we get down, the game seems to get over. Why the ***** do we kick off first every game? Why not try and get the lead and dictate play. Stop playing for this perfect scenario of scoring before the half and again out of it. It almost never seems to happen and this team has no clue about clock management at the end of  the half. We are kicking 57 yard FGs into wind and rain before a half….stop overthinking it. Take the ball to start the game and try to get the lead and never give it up.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

22 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I would’ve been all for a defensive gameplan that sold out to stop the run. I don’t care if you put 8 or 9 in the box, don’t let Taylor beat you. Bills played 4 down lineman all game, 7 box looks the majority of the game. Never adjusted.

Milano and Klein were getting swallowed up. I was trying to keep an eye on them to try and figure out what happened, but basically they got blown out of the play once the ball snapped. It looked like Milano was playing MLB at points, but I will trust somebody else smarter than me as to whether or not that was definitive. 

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team is not built to play from behind. When do we ever come back? This team was the only team that never trailed at halftime going into yesterday…once we get down, the game seems to get over. Why the ***** do we kick off first every game? Why not try and get the lead and dictate play. Stop playing for this perfect scenario of scoring before the half and again out of it. It almost never seems to happen and this team has no clue about clock management at the end of  the half. We are kicking 57 yard FGs into wind and rain before a half….stop overthinking it. Take the ball to start the game and try to get the lead and never give it up.

Well tbh, considering the injuries and whatnot, I expected more from Bills and had the feeling it would be a tough game along with knowing Colts and F. Reich were going to have that extra oooommmmmpppphhh and ready for this 2nd chance at Bills after the close playoff loss last season.

Even knew it was a good chance Bills would lose especially considering the injuries/covid players that was out. But damn, was 100% caught off guard with that kind of performance.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen held the ball to long near the end of the half because he was trying to hit a deep pass play.  We were down 24 - 7 at the time and do people really think a FG would have made a difference at that point?  I don't.

Also difficult to hold the ball long enough for a deeper play to develop when the Oline is getting ripped apart too. Whatever the case, imo you take any points you can get to close out the half knowing you get ball back after

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen held the ball to long near the end of the half because he was trying to hit a deep pass play.  We were down 24 - 7 at the time and do people really think a FG would have made a difference at that point?  I don't.

Was on a plane so didn’t get to watch the game, only reload ESPN on my phone on a worthless in-flight wireless connection, so didn’t realize the weather related circumstances surrounding the FG attempt to end the half. That said, Bass from 50 under normal circumstances makes it a 2 score game, with the chance to make it a 1 score game getting the ball coming out of the half. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, transient said:

Was on a plane so didn’t get to watch the game, only reload ESPN on my phone on a worthless in-flight wireless connection, so didn’t realize the weather related circumstances surrounding the FG attempt to end the half. That said, Bass from 50 under normal circumstances makes it a 2 score game, with the chance to make it a 1 score game getting the ball coming out of the half. 

Yeah I believe he was banking on the wind to pull it a little and it didn't get enough like he thought it would. 

12 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, I thought he clearly had it without losing control (Bert Emmanuel rule). Look, I ‘m happy it wasn’t a pick, but it was a flat out terrible throw and decision—he was forcing it. He has to play better, and asap. 5 picks in the last three games and he could have had 8 (CJ Moseley let a pick go right through his hands last week, and there was another drop by a Colts DB in the third quarter). Not recognizing that problem is the equivalent of whistling past the graveyard.

The side view showed it hitting the grass as it entered his hands. That being said a terrible decision, especially with all his talk after not protecting the ball after Jacksonville disaster. He needs to do better.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

We have seen this before in other recent games where the offense struggled.

Watching from the "all 22" perspective you can see how many plays involved all receivers going pretty deep!  Like solid medium range and longer routes...all of which required way too much time to develop.

Lots of fans love to beat up on the OC, whoever that might be, in every game.

But that type of thing is where Daboll should probably come under pressure.

In a game where the OL is playing like crap, Allen is in panic mode, and the defensive front 7 are getting consistent pressure....how about letting up some of these routes?!   Have one of those guys go a bit shorter so Allen has at least 1 target sooner (not counting some dump off play at the LOS).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.