11/21/21 Colts@Bills First Half Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

This all boils down to an issue that we can't discuss on this board. We operate as a different team when we have Spencer Brown on our O-Line and Star Lotulelei on our D-Line. Their choice is derailing our season.

This has nothing to do with that. 

this has to do with Addison having a stupid RTP, missing a sack and McKenzie having an excusable fumble. Those three plays have cost us 10 points alone 

• Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Do The Reich Thing said:

Ppl need to stop with the injury excuses. All teams get injuries. If the Bills are as good as they’re said to be they should be able to still kick ass without Brown and Star. 

Nah, I really think Star is the most important piece on defense besides Tre White. The difference w/ him in there instead of out is tremendous. I know for certain this game would be different if he was playing.

• Agree 1

I’m not getting excited, there is absolutely no way we can win a SB with this O-Line. Move Dawkins to LG just to see how he plays there. At the very least we will need a new OT, OG and center in the draft or FA next year. It’s a shame that this piss poor O-Line is going to cost us a legit chance at a SB. Oh well,

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BadboyBills said:

It may not be our year. I have faith Beane will fix this. We need more toughness in the trenches. When we get that, then it will be our year.

Oh boy. It's this season right now! Thats what counts. For Christ sakes we had super bowl hopes going into the year. Your comments don't ease any wounds we have right now.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

As bad as it is when the GM and coach aren’t in sync, it also can become dysfunctional when the GM and coach have too much faith in each other.  Beane surely thought his coaches would overcome the glaring weaknesses on the roster and largely sat on his hands and re-signed their own players instead of upgrading the roster and patching the holes.  A little tension between the coaches and the GM can help move things forward.

Just now, TheProcess said:

Oh I agree. I’m just wondering if he’s patient enough to take what’s there to bring us back. There are no 17 point plays. Josh has to chip away at it. 

It's up to McDermott and Daboll to drum this into him. Don't take it all on his back and (somehow) trust the defense, rather than thinking everything is all or nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Ppl need to stop with the injury excuses. All teams get injuries. If the Bills are as good as they’re said to be they should be able to still kick ass without Brown and Star. 

Well, we’re not elite.. people need to accept that.   

Because we’re not elite, and are simply in a basket of 8 teams contending in the AFC, injuries can be big. 

Losing our best, and biggest, OL and DL in a game where the opponent dominates the trenches was not ideal.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Not sure if he’s checked out but you know what?  This team is playing like he has so does it matter?  His coaching obviously is not working for this team.

I tried to tell folks if something comes along for him then he might just check out on it.  Ever since USC his emotions and styles have been flat and uninspired.  He shows up against teams like the Jets, Dolphins, and Texans.  Beyond that players literally are not respecting him anymore.  I remember when there was a players only meeting where he and Peterman were locked out.  I don't think we really know how much Leslie Frazier is holding this team together.  Thinking we're just discovering that McDermott is a locker room cancer.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.