Thursday Night Football: Patriots @ Falcons, 8:20 PM Eastern, FOX / Amazon Prime Video

RiotAct

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Weren't we just saying Allen should take what the D gives him? And before that Mahomes should just be happy to take what the D gives him without forcing it?

Discipline is good. But I doubt Leslie Frazier will just give those dinks and dumps away.

Agree. Team's playing more cover 2. Totally agree with this post.

3 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Fact is most coordinators in this league are JAG’s who can only scheme up the one thing they know. Doesn’t matter what their players can do or can’t do. 

I had to look up their coordinator.  Dave Ragone.  Was passing game coordinator for the Bears last season, before that QB coach.

I got slow eyes and need all 22 to help me but from what I can see, his passing play design does not seem to be a match for his OL and his QB.

Also Dean Pees was Truth as DC for the Ravens and Titans but this Atlanta D just doesn’t seem like a well-coached physical team to me.  Letting NE WR run out of bounds and so forth.  Like they’re going through the motions

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Weren't we just saying Allen should take what the D gives him? And before that Mahomes should just be happy to take what the D gives him without forcing it?

Discipline is good. But I doubt Leslie Frazier will just give those dinks and dumps away.

I wasnt.  There is a time for it and there is time to give your receivers a chance to make a play.  Besides... its not what the defense is giving him.  Its simply their system.

7 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Carolina defense is ranked 2nd in NFL and they beat them 24-6

Brady did that for 18 years against us with Welker and Edelman.

Darnold threw 3 INTs that game including an 88 yard pick 6.  Darnold greatly contributed to that one-sided loss.  Pats are a good team though.  They do not beat themselves.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, we should complain about our o-line, but the Falcons is much worse.  

Of course, Ryan is a classic pocket passer while Allen both has the ability to make guys miss, plus they can’t pin their ears back completely less he escape and take off on them.

Ryan still moves well in pocket he could have been sacked 8 times already if not. Ha

5 minutes ago, MRW said:

Just painful to watch. What even are the building blocks for Atlanta at this point? This reminds me of watching some of those Jauron-era teams for the Bills.

There are no building blocks.  This is the remnant of them going all in back in 2016-2018.  Signing Matt Ryan and Julio Jones to those

huge long contracts back in 2018 was not wise.  All of Ryan's restructures has him with a $48M cap hit next year.  They need a complete rebuild. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had to look up their coordinator.  Dave Ragone.  Was passing game coordinator for the Bears last season, before that QB coach.

I got slow eyes and need all 22 to help me but from what I can see, his passing play design does not seem to be a match for his OL and his QB.

Also Dean Pees was Truth as DC for the Ravens and Titans but this Atlanta D just doesn’t seem like a well-coached physical team to me.  Letting NE WR run out of bounds and so forth.  Like they’re going through the motions

I would fully expect Dean Pees to announce retirement #3 shortly after the end of this season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.