OBJ to Rams

YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Fair take but the number of actual Rams fans that would be there would be minimal. They don’t have a lot to begin with and their last game it was Paris Hilton and bunch of celebrities 

People said that about Tampa Bay, and then the smart money guys bet a fortune on the home team. It absolutely matters. You think Jax wins in Buffalo?? And bear in mind that Bills fans were out in force in Jax. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

Odell Beckham Jr GIF by FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat.

I promise OBJ won’t be a distraction!! 

Oddly less distracting than that hat.

I love this in that it should make Cleveland worse. LA is pretty terrifying. I don’t think we see another flop like that Tennessee game. I actually forgot for a second that they got Von Miller as well...

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean they kind of have to right…they don’t have a first round pick until the year 3000. They better win it all now because they are a couple years out from being dreadful 

I am sure every Bills fan would give up 5-6 first rounders to win a Super Bowl

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If we have to worry about OBJ it means we are preparing for a SB…I’m ok with this.

Yes,  much better than him going to Chiefs

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Oddly less distracting than that hat.

I love this in that it should make Cleveland worse. LA is pretty terrifying. I don’t think we see another flop like that Tennessee game. I actually forgot for a second that they got Von Miller as well...

Yep, when Miller starts playing look out!!! I love what the rams are doing draft picks are overrated. When your that close to a super bowl 

6 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Apparently they want to win now. And I’m not sure who is going to stop them. 

mind you, it will be 2038 before they have another draft pick. 

They have basically built a pro bowl team. 

a SB win is a SB win.  And it will be their what, 2nd appearance in 5 years.  Not too bad.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I am sure every Bills fan would give up 5-6 first rounders to win a Super Bowl

Yes,  much better than him going to Chiefs

If stafford wasn’t 33 I’d understand it more…he’s taken tons of shots in his career too.  Also they haven’t won anything yet 😁

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Rams going all in for sure but not sure, but I still think Brady and Tampa are going to be near impossible to beat in the playoffs regardless of venue.

I'm definitely thinking Bucs/Titans or Bucs/Ravens SB at this point.

Maybe not ravens now…they have as many question marks as us it seems lol

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i may just be misjudging them, but outside of Donald, that team doesn’t scare me. I am not sold on Stafford in big games— and if you can shut down their running game, the offense doesn’t work. 

I think the packers and Bucs are both still better than the Rams. 

Kupp is the best player on the team.:wub:

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Von Miller helps them but OBJ doesn’t move the needle

And he wouldn’t of moved the needle for us the only thing that helps us is improved blocking

I think many are dismissing how good OBJ can be. He is a dynamic game changing WR. Sure he is a basket case and is injury prone. It's high risk high reward. To boot, he was with the Clev Browns a terrible organization for years. Their offense with a young Baker and coaching carousel didn't do anything to promote OBJ's strengths. It was a very bad fit from the get go. Additionally, the Browns have effectively decided to be a run first team.

The Rams have a capable QB who can sling the ball around. Less pressure on OBJ to be the man. He's more likely to behave and excell for next years contract. I really like the move by the Rams. I would have welcomed a talent like OBJ on the Bills. He would have only made others better. 

Edited by newcam2012

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think many are dismissing how good OBJ can be. He is a dynamic game changing WR. Sure he is a basket case and is injury prone. It's high risk high reward. To boot, he was with the Clev Browns a terrible organization for years. Their offense with a young Baker and coaching carousel didn't do anything to promote OBJ's strengths. It was a very bad fit from the get go. Additionally, the Browns have effectively decided to be a run first team.

The Rams have a capable QB who can sling the ball around. Less pressure on OBJ to be the man. He's more likely to behave and excell for next years contract. I really like the move by the Rams. I would have welcomed a talent like OBJ on the Bills. He would have only made others better. 

You could be right, but I struggle with adding OBJ to the Rams. OBJ might have to accept playing a specific role, and I’m not convinced he’s willing to do so. You’re correct in saying that he could benefit from “less pressure to be the man”. However, I believe OBJ wants and needs to be the man. Anything less than being the go to guy is going to make OBJ shut down. It could work great, if he’s willing accept whatever role the Rams give him, but I don’t think he’s mature enough. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

You could be right, but I struggle with adding OBJ to the Rams. OBJ might have to accept playing a specific role, and I’m not convinced he’s willing to do so. You’re correct in saying that he could benefit from “less pressure to be the man”. However, I believe OBJ wants and needs to be the man. Anything less than being the go to guy is going to make OBJ shut down. It could work great, if he’s willing accept whatever role the Rams give him, but I don’t think he’s mature enough. 

Solid post. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Kupp is amazing. After he tore his ACL, he said he trained himself how to run a completely different way that was more efficient.

Meanwhile, I spilled coffee all over myself a few mins ago trying to take a sip while on the phone

I've had to "spill" coffee on myself after thinking about Kupp as well, I feel for ya!:flirt:

• Haha (+1) 1

Hot take, this trade destination is absolute best case scenario:

- The Rams already have 3 great WR. Van Jefferson is underrated. Kupp and Woods are great. 

- The Rams play in the NFC, so the only way we see them is the Super Bowl. He's gone from the AFC.

- The downside of "how do we get the ball to Odell" might cancel out the marginal increase of Odell over Jefferson in 3-wide sets.

- Locker room cancer for potentially our greatest Super Bowl threat.

I love it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

- The Rams already have 3 great WR. Van Jefferson is underrated. Kupp and Woods are great. 

- The Rams play in the NFC, so the only way we see them is the Super Bowl. He's gone from the AFC.

- The downside of "how do we get the ball to Odell" might cancel out the marginal increase of Odell over Jefferson in 3-wide sets.

I love it.

Also Kupp is now expendable! Send him over!!

10 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I love it.

I disagree with the Rams have 3 great receivers. Jefferson is far from great. He's raw and developing. Woods is solid but definitely not great. Kupp is the best of the bunch. Prior to this season, I doubt he even makes it in the top 10 best receivers in the league. I would argue that Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Davis are better than the Rams. However, OBJ changes things.

2 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

With Woods headed to IR, the Rams confirmed Beckham will make his debut Monday night despite signing this week.

Looks like the rams caught a break signing this guy OBJ before the injury to Woods!

Whether OBJ is a plus or minus it will be found out in the next 4-6 weeks.

My personal belief as of now is he will not replace Wood's production.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Whether OBJ is a plus or minus it will be found out in the next 4-6 weeks.

My personal belief as of now is he will not replace Wood's production.

talking to some browns fans and they think one big hit to his shoulder, and he is done. OBJ been plagued by that shoulder all year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/11/2021 at 7:29 PM, QCity said:

The only one losing targets here is Van Jefferson. Poor guy must have been flying high ever since they cut Jackson and didn't sign any WRs at the trade deadline. Whoops.

And just like that, VJ went from staring at the bench to a prominent role. The NFL moves fast.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Definitely feel Aikman's take here. I was wondering if the Rams themselves think they are a good team with them basically mortgaging their next draft or two to get OBJ and Von Miller this year. Are they trying to say their WR depth isn't good enough? That they need more veteran leadership or speed on the defensive line?

The last two games that team has looked like it got told it wasn't good enough and is playing up to it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.