Shaquill Griffin, Jags CB on the Bills yesterday: "It's like they don't care"

Big Turk

5 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

And even with all that being their "Super Bowl", they still only scored 9 points....

It was an incredible level of ineptitude that let the Bills find a way to lose that game.  Bad penalties, poor situational awareness, awful offensive play-calling and playmaking...just a perfect storm of awful.

We got lucky on that one. If Lawrence doesn't overthrow the WR that absolutely toasted Dane Jackson on a double move that's a walk in TD. 

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If that’s the case, then maybe yesterday is exactly what they need

That's my hope. 

I know these guys are professionals but you don't think they read into the hype? 

They've been media darlings since last year. 

Tennessee was a close ,gritty gm , no shame in that L.

This loss hopefully humiliates them enough to block out the outside noise . Positive or negative 

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

A story speculated that Allen had been crying in the locker room prior to his presser...said he was red-faced and his voice was hoarse.

You mean like how someone gets when they're angry beyond reproach? Crying? Don't think so! He's as competitive as any QB if not more. He feels responsible even though he received no help whatsoever. He's been making this O line look good the last 2 seasons. Now the blueprint is out and these guys lack the talent to compensate. They were NEVER good at run blocking and now even mediocre teams know they don't have to stack the line to stop the Bills.  Josh got Williams and Feliciano paid last year and now they're disinterested. Cody Ford is absolute train wreck. I'd be pissed to high heaven. Those guys won't be here next year and they know it. 

Edited by billsbackto81

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If that’s the case, then maybe yesterday is exactly what they need

Didnt we say the exact same thing after the Steelers loss, and the Titans loss? Good teams don't need wake up calls. 

I know there aren't a lot of tennis fans here but a life  & sports lesson should be learnt from Rafael Nadal - fight for every friggin point, no matter the opponent, no matter the situation of the match. Every point, every time, like it is match point. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Didnt we say the exact same thing after the Steelers loss, and the Titans loss? Good teams don't need wake up calls. 

The Steelers loss, you can attribute to the fact that the Steelers still have a world class defense and the Bills were rusty.  They answered that loss by rattling off 4 straight wins and putting up 30 points a game on average.

The Titans loss, that was a great football game where Derek Henry willed the Titans forward but it took Allen slipping on the turf to negate a win.  That was a heavyweight fight that looked like a legit championship game.  They won the next week after the bye (albeit ugly) but they still won.

The Jags loss?  That was a dog's breakfast with a team that looked completely disinterested and exposed all the flaws of the roster in one single game.  If that loss doesn't turn them around, nothing will.

• Agree 1

I don't believe in the concept of "bulletin board material" - at least beyond college - but I hope McD keeps reminding the Bills of these comments.

That's how the whole season has seemed to me...it's like the team is waiting to be crowned, or trying to figure out who they'll play in the 1st round or something.  They have a ton of talent, and just need to play w/ the same hunger they've had in previous seasons.  

They can do it, and I think the coaching staff can instill that in them.  If a loss like yesterday doesn't change your approach, nothing will.

At the end of the year this will be the highlight of the Jags season while it will be the Bills biggest disappointment.  

Difference in the two teams is the Bills expect to win and to the Jags this was a great accomplishment. Probably explains the difference in emotions in the bench. If the Bills pull off the win yesterday there is no way they’d be satisfied with their play. Fans wouldn’t, coaches wouldn’t and players wouldn

8 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Hopefully. In 2017 we turned the season around after losing by 40 to the Saints so who knows. 

Maybe losing to  Steelers Titans Jags will turn the season around like (insert game in different season)

I'm not going to overblow what I saw yesterday.  Yesterday was squarely a product of offensive line injuries. It's the same thing that happened to Kansas City in the Super Bowl. Wants two or three of these guys get injured and you have to shuffle a bunch of people around, it gets to a point where It can't function and there aren't really answers. No one is really going to get three to five offensive lineman shuffled around and playing like a unit in one week, especially when one of them is Ford.

It is an interesting discussion because I think it leads to some of the inconsistency that we see League wide, especially in the AFC. Teams are becoming a little more inconsistent because everyone's being cautious with the longer season. Everyone is going to be overly cautious with injuries and no one is going to play attrition games because a lot of these games probably won't matter and teams are going to be more willing to take that risk. Fans don't really like the concept of low stakes games, but they exist we see them everywhere in the AFC this year. We saw them in the NFC in Dallas and Los Angeles yesterday.

• Like (+1) 3

Wood (who was on the field level) on Schopp & Bulldog tonight was adamant that this is an overblown nothing-burger (my paraphrase), and that it was combo of drive killing (or extending) penalties and inability to figure out fixes that were wearing down the sideline demeanor after the start of the game, fwiw 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

The truth. Every nfl team has great players. Bills were flat for whatever reason. If you are not up to play even the Jags will clean your clock.

I just find it hard to believe this group thought they were owed something and wouldn’t have to earn it as the reason. Even if an opponent wants to use the “we want it more” to hype his own roster.

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Wood (who was on the field level) on Schopp & Bulldog tonight was adamant that this is an overblown nothing-burger (my paraphrase), and that it was combo of drive killing (or extending) penalties and inability to figure out fixes that were wearing down the sideline demeanor after the start of the game, fwiw 

You mean the common sense answer instead of throwing out everything we know about this group? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I just find it hard to believe this group thought they were owed something and wouldn’t have to earn it as the reason. Even if an opponent wants to use the “we want it more” to hype his own roster.

You mean the common sense answer instead of throwing out everything we know about this group? 

When you show up with no fire in your belly it’s like not caring or maybe just not caring enough. Jags were psyched to play and win. Bills not so much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.