Derrick Henry potential season ending injury

Process

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"There's absolutely there's...." sounds like Joe Namath on MNF when he was talking to Suzy Kolber.

He’s talking lessons from Tua…, 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

no

again, it's the location & type of fracture which dictates the recovery time. For example, 5th Metatarsal Base Fractures are among the most common fractures of the foot and are predisposed to poor healing due to the limited blood supply to the specific areas of the 5th metatarsal base.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay.  If the location is "ideal"....could he heal in time this season to play?

It is so tough to predict.  As noted above, foot fractures are notoriously "bad" for healing because of the lack of blood flow.  That's why athletes have the surgery immediately to put hardware in place.  I had a fractured 2nd and 3rd metatarsal last year and healed without surgery but I was off my foot for nearly four months.  I also used a bone stimulator daily.  Could Henry come back this year?  Sure, it's possible, but I wouldn't want to count on it.

26 minutes ago, eball said:

It is so tough to predict.  As noted above, foot fractures are notoriously "bad" for healing because of the lack of blood flow.  That's why athletes have the surgery immediately to put hardware in place.  I had a fractured 2nd and 3rd metatarsal last year and healed without surgery but I was off my foot for nearly four months.  I also used a bone stimulator daily.  Could Henry come back this year?  Sure, it's possible, but I wouldn't want to count on it.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Everyone that knows anything about these fractures knows it's all up in the air how fast they heal.

All teams worry about a QB injury but the Titans have put all their eggs in the Henry basket.

Going to be interesting how they scheme their offense going forward.

2 hours ago, Nineforty said:

Who gives a flying F about this?? Seen it a couple of times now.

Are you an official protector of the shield? 

Just go all in and embrace it maybe mildly helping our teams path to a championship. The millionaire with a serious foot injury will be alright. The NFL will survive this.

What the F*** ? "Official protector of the shield." Really?

This league has a lot of bad teams. More bottom feeders than I can remember in recent memory. Too many mismatches each weekend. I never root for seeing star players out of action,  injured...but that's just me.  It's a karma thing. You wish this on other Teams when it can happen to your own team tomorrow. So I don't root for injuries.

I'll sign up right now For Bills to see Titans with Henry in The Conference Championship game. As long as it's in Orchard Park. That's my point.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.