Saints - Win

Texans - Win

@Patriots - Win/Loss

BYE

Jaguars - Win

Window to return

@Steelers

49ers

So Titans looking at 10-3 when he gets back.

Not ideal for them but he should be ready for January.

Do some research on Jones fractures before you’re predicting a full return for Henry by the playoffs.  Right now I’d place the odds of his return in any capacity this season at about 10-15%.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

So back in 7-8 weeks?

@ Rams - Loss

Saints - Win

Texans - Win

@Patriots - Win/Loss

BYE

Jaguars - Win

Window to return

@Steelers

49ers

So Titans looking at 10-3 when he gets back.

Not ideal for them but he should be ready for January.

10-3 hahahahahahahahahah

Edited by TBBills

8 hours ago, eball said:

Do some research on Jones fractures before you’re predicting a full return for Henry by the playoffs.  Right now I’d place the odds of his return in any capacity this season at about 10-15%.

I will do zero research and simply go by what Tennessee Titan team officials have told to members of the media.

they say they expect him back and to be ready to play.

that is what we are going off of.

As of now I still think the Titans are the team the Bills have to worry about the most for that 1st round bye.  The Bills have to finish with a better record than the Titans obviously because of the Tie breaker...But other than the Rams, I think they should/will be favored to win every other game on their schedule, even without Henry. That of course doesn't mean they wont slip up and lose a game or two in there, but the Titans still worry me for home field in the AFC.

5 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I will do zero research and simply go by what Tennessee Titan team officials have told to members of the media.

Of course they are going to say that, b/c the type of guys who run NFL teams think there is actually some sort of advantage to be gained by saying that.

He's done for the year.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Of course they are going to say that, b/c the type of guys who run NFL teams think there is actually some sort of advantage to be gained by saying that.

He's done for the year.

I too think he’ll be done for the year. 
There have been mentions of him getting back for a playoff run but they run the risk of really messing his foot up.

15 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

As of now I still think the Titans are the team the Bills have to worry about the most for that 1st round bye.  The Bills have to finish with a better record than the Titans obviously because of the Tie breaker...But other than the Rams, I think they should/will be favored to win every other game on their schedule, even without Henry. That of course doesn't mean they wont slip up and lose a game or two in there, but the Titans still worry me for home field in the AFC.

Without Henry the Titans are toothless. 
i see them losing at least 5 games: saints, Steelers, pats, 49ers, Rams.  I can even see them losing a defensive battle to Miami.  

True, I hate seeing any player injured, much less an all-time great like Henry. Honestly hope he's okay (for next year).

But you know what I also hate seeing? Three TDs called back by the zebras in that Titans game, topped off by a boneheaded play call at the end of regulation that cost us a seat at the 5 and 1 table...

(And here comes my, sure-to-be-unpopular opinion):

For the first time in two decades, Karma has finally decided to bless our Bills. I'm offering up a keg of rum to Jobu. Two kegs, maybe! I've suffered through the endless bad breaks, barftastic calls, and outright cheating go against us long enough to appreciate a windfall when it comes our way. 

9 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I thought Vrabel said "no timeline for his return"

https://news.yahoo.com/doctor-explains-expect-derrick-henrys-141000938.html

It's 6-10 weeks for typical healing, but then it would surely be advisable to have some period of rehab and conditioning, unless he wants to risk re-injury or lingering effects.

33 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Yes, the AFC is wide-open this year, and their division is weak, but I really hope the Titans don't go all-in and gamble Henry's future in an all-or-nothing bid to win it all this year.  He deserves better.

What makes him any different than any other player? Odds are they have another monster RB right behind him waiting. Steelers used to do that all the time. Why does Tannenhill always have such a big game with Tennessee against the Bills?

7 minutes ago, beavis said:

What makes him any different than any other player? Odds are they have another monster RB right behind him waiting. Steelers used to do that all the time. Why does Tannenhill always have such a big game with Tennessee against the Bills?

Did you honestly just ask what makes Henry any different then any other player?  Seriously?

In related news, and to answer your other question, Tannenhill has big games because opponents need to stack the box with 11 players, an assistant coach and two cheerleaders just to have a chance of containing Henry.  That frees up the passing game.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

Did you honestly just ask what makes Henry any different then any other player?  Seriously?

In related news, and to answer your other question, Tannenhill has big games because opponents need to stack the box with 11 players, an assistant coach and two cheerleaders just to have a chance of containing Henry.  That frees up the passing game.

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

He deserves better.

Holy hell. What's wrong with you?

6 hours ago, The Red King said:

Yes, the AFC is wide-open this year, and their division is weak, but I really hope the Titans don't go all-in and gamble Henry's future in an all-or-nothing bid to win it all this year.  He deserves better.

A 6 week timetable for recovery puts his return in Mid-December and then you are likely looking at a limited snap count for 2-3 weeks before he is 100% which puts him on a time table to return for the playoffs at close to full strength. That's likely a best case scenario as 10 weeks pretty much puts him out the whole regular season and at best you get back a limited version for the playoffs. 

Overall this is probably a scenario where if he approaches the higher end of his recovery you might have him back for the playoffs close to full strenght. But if you are getting him on the back end of that recovery time table you are better off shutting him down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.