Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

Football morning in American column is always a good read.

Figured Peter King would be discussing the Bills this week and he did.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/11/bills-chiefs-afc-nfl-week-5-fmia-peter-king/

found this tidbit interesting:

This is an offense with more firepower than last year, and a defense growing stronger with players like Rousseau providing a needed pass rush. On this night, all of that helped Allen. One of the things he’s tried to do this year is to play more calmly. Playing crazy had its drawbacks for Allen in year one and two. “Back in the day,” he told me in camp, “I tried to play pissed off on the field and I found myself not playing very well, tensed up . . . Now, [I’ll do] small things like listening to calming music pregame, to not be so hyped and anxious for the game.”

On Allen’s pregame playlist, he told NBC, there was no Metallica, no metal. There was some Frank Sinatra (“Fly Me to the Moon”) and Paul Anka (“Put Your Head on my Shoulder”). Whatever works.

also loved this McDermott quote:

After the game, coach Sean McDermott told his team: “Don’t act surprised. We’re better than we even showed today.”

😁

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

4th year in a row we're playing this team right around the same week of a season.

…and always at their place. A very odd circumstance, but an easy 3.5 hour drive and a nice getaway for me.  Now…….just WIN!  :)

39 minutes ago, BTB said:

Last year the Bills got it handed to them in Nashville.  In 2019, if it wasn’t for the Titans idiot kicker who missed 4 or 5 FG’s that day, the Bills would have lost that one also.  

Here’s hoping they bring their “A” game to Nashville this weekend. 👍

For some reason the Titans defensive scheme (like the Steelers) has given Josh Allen and the offense fits the last 2 years. Let's see if this year we're finally mature enough that we can install a gameplan and scheme to attack what they defend poorly instead of trying to beat them the way we normally play (similar to what we did to the Chiefs).

Their OL also seems weak in pass pro and prone to give up sacks/pressure. I think the Bills are built well enough now on the DL that we can harass Tanny into some of his signature MIA ints.

11 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Hopefully, Milano is back for this game. But, whether he is, or isn't, I hope we see AJ Klein out there often. Derrick Henry is the biggest threat in this game, and I feel like Klein might be the right matchup for him.

Slunds like Milano will be back. We’ve also played Henry surprisingly well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.