Beasely update

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Beasley is upset over playing time in this giant win....I will not be much of a fan of him going forward.

He had the third most snaps of all WR's. I don't think that's a change in anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Still think fans/media are the ones trying to make something outta nothing here. 

Like the dude who is wr3 played wr3 snaps. People want this to be a story in the worst way and its crazy to me

The bills have had more run based game plans the past few weeks. In games where it will be pass heavy he will get more looks and more snaps.

Also this is kind of what happens when you have a deep offense

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Still think fans/media are the ones trying to make something outta nothing here. 

Like the dude who is wr3 played wr3 snaps. People want this to be a story in the worst way and its crazy to me

The bills have had more run based game plans the past few weeks. In games where it will be pass heavy he will get more looks and more snaps.

100%

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

People are definitely making a mountain out of a mole hill with this. Just reading through the comments on this thread alone people are making so many assumptions. Maybe, just maybe, the gameplan was to get the ball to the running backs and Knox. Diggs and Sanders were going to get theirs regardless so that doesn’t leave much for Beasley and Davis

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Yeah, and even when he is on the field he isn’t being targeted much. Think the Bills are trying to tell him something? Have to wonder if the Organization knows they won’t be able to keep him and Gabe Davis after 2021 and they are kicking the tires on that scenario. My money is on Davis.

I think last night the Bills tightened things up and didn't run as many multi receiver sets. I'm sure Beasley will get his targets

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, gordong said:

there was a report from someplace last night that Bea's was not out on third downs....  I think it was collinsworth that said it, dont know how true that is

On the third or fourth down play where Sanders got a penalty for a pick the play was designed to go to beasely. Looked like bease ran the wrong route or gave up on the ball. 

11 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Yea, I am also not happy with the way the fans have turned on Beasely. He spilled his guts out last postseason playing hurt. I think he deserves more support.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

we are using the TE and RB like a normal offense now so not as many plays to WRs. 

This - or put another way, Beasley was a beneficiary the last couple of years in the lack of a real tight end on the roster.

Bills fans by and large do not understand the value of good tight end play - for good reason as we’ve literally never had one as a franchise.  But having someone who can block in-line and run patterns to move safeties and create mismatches is invaluable for an offense.  We have that now.

Beasley does one thing well - and frankly he looks less good at it this year, for whatever reason (age, mental focus).  Knox does two things well and makes Beasley somewhat expendable.

Add in Sanders and the growing rapport he has with Allen and you’ve got a recipe for less Beasley.

None of it has to do with his bizarre views on science/freedom or the fact that he looks like a truck stop hooker.

As for shutting down his Twitter account - strikes me as more attention-seeking.  But then again that’s all Twitter is, a megaphone for narcissists and lunatics. Good riddance.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.