Beasely update

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Isn’t it annoying that after the biggest win of the season we are talking about how boosley is upset.  It’s idiotic. 

oh and I’m happy he was able to mature above a 6th grade level and leave social media to focus on his WORK!

You are calling him Boosley and then talking about his 6th grade maturity? One important question - Do you know he is mad at his playing time or are you just guessing based on what the superior intellect of the interweb hacks are saying?

This attacking someone without facts is what is idiotic.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Knox is turning into a legit top tier TE.  

Diggs is obviously a top tier WR. 

Sanders is looking like the best #2 in the NFL.  

Moss is a receiving weapon out of the backfield.  

Only so many footballs to go around for the rest: Singletary, Beasley & Davis.  

I like Cole, and respect him for standing up for what he believes - but he took it too far by making it “Cole vs Some Fans”.   I don’t really worry about replacing him in the future… I’m more hoping we have an Emmanuel Sanders replacement ready to go if he steps away after the season via draft, FA or development.  I’m not sure Davis is a high end #2, but I love him as a #3 for us down the line. 

Davis is a very good player, but I agree with your assessment of him. It seems like people are sensitive whenever I question Davis’ future is on the depth chart. I’m not convinced he’s a great number two either. Sanders was a huge pickup, and just shows the brilliance of this franchise. We’d be a completely different team without Sanders. Davis is a huge contributor to this team, but he certainly can’t replace Sanders at this point in his career. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think Davis is still dealing with the injury sustained in the Steelers' game...as for Cole, I don't agree with his opinion but I respect his right to have one. That said, like any business, social media is a relevant topic in contemporary employment. I've known a number of people who've faced discipline and even termination when social media posts go awry. That's not to say I think what Cole's done is improper or has earned him any form of discipline, but the NFL is not "Mom and Pops Grocery" either. 

The NFL is a media driven league and when social media begins to paint a team or the league in a negative fashion, they have a right to address the areas the team or league perceive the impact of the social media presentation. In short, I'd say I respect Cole's opinion and he does have a "right" to say it, but he doesn't have a "right" to say it and expect things to stay the same. Team can move on, fans can disagree with his opinion and express their own, and the league can say the social media presentation is detrimental to its brand. All in all, I just wish he spoke his mind, expressed himself, and moved on or asked for a trade / release and put an end to the drama. 

• Like (+1) 2

I don't know guys, While I don't agree with Cole's views, I think he is a very good football player, and I would not like to see him off the team. Especially if it means seeing him on another team!  

And while I agree he was probably not part of tonight's game plan tonight, I don't think it had anything to do with the Social Media thing.  I think the Bills knew the middle of the field was going to be soft due to poor LB's and took advantage of hitting the RB's and Knox.  My guess is there will be other games where Beasley will be the focus again.  

It's good to be multi-dimensional. Go BILLS!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

You are calling him Boosley and then talking about his 6th grade maturity? One important question - Do you know he is mad at his playing time or are you just guessing based on what the superior intellect of the interweb hacks are saying?

This attacking someone without facts is what is idiotic.

I think his social media went dark cause Beasley is so proud of the win.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I think Davis is still dealing with the injury sustained in the Steelers' game...as for Cole, I don't agree with his opinion but I respect his right to have one. That said, like any business, social media is a relevant topic in contemporary employment. I've known a number of people who've faced discipline and even termination when social media posts go awry. That's not to say I think what Cole's done is improper or has earned him any form of discipline, but the NFL is not "Mom and Pops Grocery" either. 

The NFL is a media driven league and when social media begins to paint a team or the league in a negative fashion, they have a right to address the areas the team or league perceive the impact of the social media presentation. In short, I'd say I respect Cole's opinion and he does have a "right" to say it, but he doesn't have a "right" to say it and expect things to stay the same. Team can move on, fans can disagree with his opinion and express their own, and the league can say the social media presentation is detrimental to its brand. All in all, I just wish he spoke his mind, expressed himself, and moved on or asked for a trade / release and put an end to the drama. 

It's really frustrating re: players/social media and how they represent the franchise because as Dave Chappelle correctly stated... "Twitter is not a real place".  Most of our fanbase is likely not "very online".  Same goes for most of the NFL's fanbase.

...but it invites such negativity that you just can't have players saying whatever they want on there. 

• Agree 2

I think it’s fine. This offense has a ton of mouths to feed and we’re way more balanced run/pass this year. Those slot throws that Beasley used to catch last year are now runs by Moss and Singletary. 

I feel fully confident in my take that he’ll turn into a bit of a Danny Amendola this year, quiet in the regular season but Mr Clutch in the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Kumerow started the game....there is clearly something going on with him and the Bills.  Hope they figure a path forward.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Kumerow started the game because our plan was clearly to show we could and would run. 

6 run plays 2 pass plays on the first drive.

2 run plays 1 pass play on the 2nd

Kumerow can actually level a guy blocking both downfield and in the backfield. 

Beasley is a great blocker - for a Smurf, but Smurf vs Honeybadger who wins?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Kumerow started the game because our plan was clearly to show we could and would run. 

6 run plays 2 pass plays on the first drive.

2 run plays 1 pass play on the 2nd

Kumerow can actually level a guy both downfield and in the backfield. 

Beasley tries

Buffalo has Scored 35 against Miami, 40 against Houston, 38 against KC, and Beasley had 7 catches in those 3 games.

They are producing without him.

This is his last year in buffalo.

As much as I am angry with Beasley for his stupidity and selfishness over being vaxxed, I am very sad to see how he was MIA last night and seems to be on a downward trajectory with the team. The situation both personally and professionally seems to be getting towards a divorce like state of "irreconcilable differences". I really wish it could work out but its not looking good.

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I kept trying to find Beasley when they would show the sideline towards the end of the game. I saw Diggs having fun and cutting up with the other guys. At some point if I am Cole I got to ask myself, “why not enjoy this with my team?”. I actually like that he took down his Twitter, there will be plenty of time to get on there and share his beliefs. He of all people  knows how hard it is to be on a NFL team that is capable of winning the Super Bowl

I wish this were so. I just don’t think he’s mature enough to be like this..

2 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

My guess (strictly a guess) was, with Beasley off the field and passing to our backs out of the backfield, we invited their cornerbacks and safeties to drop deeper and open up the middle of the field. Of course, :) they didn't see Knox coming.

What a night. 🍻 Cheers!  

KC really had no plan ready for us. This tape is gonna keep DC’s up at night.

52 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I’m curious if the staff is adopting a “pitch count” for players during the regular season sort of like they’re doing in basketball/nba 

hmmm..🤔 Maybe.. Certainly our WR group were a battered mess in the AFCCG. 1 more Reg. Season, another WC team and our expectations of advancing further this year could apply to this. I think Poyer (last week) & Milano may well be pre - caution. Kinda like a Vet Day but Sean is taking it to another level.

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think his social media went dark cause Beasley is so proud of the win.  

Wow .. you know  why you think he is angry and now why he closed down his social media .. how are you so knowledgeable about the thoughts of Cole Beasley .. it is incredible. Thanks for all the facts about this situation. It has been very insightful ..smh

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I doubt that Cole is being disciplined.  I think he, and the slot routes over the middle he runs so well, were what KC gameplanned to take away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

35 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Isn’t it annoying that after the biggest win of the season we are talking about how boosley is upset.  It’s idiotic. 

oh and I’m happy he was able to mature above a 6th grade level and leave social media to focus on his WORK!

So, let me get this straight, we are in the midst of another thread with more negative posts about Beasley because (1) he did what everyone wanted him to do and got off twitter, (2) he had limited snaps in a game, and (3) someone said he looked frustrated at a moment in the game??

Maybe Beasley isn't the only one that needs to mature above a 6th grade level....

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

As much as I am angry with Beasley for his stupidity and selfishness over being vaxxed, I am very sad to see how he was MIA last night and seems to be on a downward trajectory with the team. The situation both personally and professionally seems to be getting towards a divorce like state of "irreconcilable differences". I really wish it could work out but its not looking good.

At some point there aren't enough footballs to go around. Who do you not want to give the ball right now to give it to Cole more? Usage is gameplan specific as it should be. Some games will be Beasley games. Some won't. This one wasn't.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.