W’s in the next two weeks - playoff football?

Say what you want about it being early in the season and the Chiefs are not what they were last year, this is a new season, etc.

The next two games for Buffalo have very real playoff implications. If the Bills hope to lead the AFC they really need to win both games. Remember that the Bills did not show particularly well against either team last year.

Also, the next two serve as litmus tests. If the Bills want to step up and truly join the short list of elite teams they must win the next two.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6

Yeah, I mean it would be enormous to get a win vs. KC this week. Moves us to 4-1 and them to 2-3. 

We still have Pats twice, Jets twice, Falcons, Jags on our schedule. It would a lot of making up for the Chiefs to catch us. 

The Titans game should be very winnable. They did have quite a few players out yesterday but their defense is full of holes. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Yeah, I mean it would be enormous to get a win vs. KC this week. Moves us to 4-1 and them to 2-3. 

We still have Pats twice, Jets twice, Falcons, Jags on our schedule. It would a lot of making up for the Chiefs to catch us. 

The Titans game should be very winnable. They did have quite a few players out yesterday but their defense is full of holes. 

I’m thinking that Brown and Jones are probably back by then - probably not at 100% but still starting.  The Tennessee offense will be a great test for the Bills.  They will need to show they can handle a physical run game, as well as a QB like Tannehill who can get outside of the pocket and make throws in chaos 

Our guys need to be ready to leave it all on the field these next two weeks. Not that they don't already, but they need to be ready to dig deep and gut check.

After the next two, we go: BYE, Miami, Jags, Jets. Plenty of time and opportunity to recover from whatever we expend in KC and Nashville.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's not a matter of IF we make the playoffs (the division is ours), it's what seed will we be.

My point, the Bills have said it is their goal to be the #1 seed. If they hope to be so winning the next two weeks is important.

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Yea we'll be 'fine' if we don't win both statistically but getting worked by kc for the third time would be such a huge blow to the confidence.  We could go 15-2 and none of that matters really if we can't beat kc

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Say what you want about it being early in the season and the Chiefs are not what they were last year, this is a new season, etc.

The next two games for Buffalo have very real playoff implications. If the Bills hope to lead the AFC they really need to win both games. Remember that the Bills did not show particularly well against either team last year.

Also, the next two serve as litmus tests. If the Bills want to step up and truly join the short list of elite teams they must win the next two.

Covid switched who we faced first on a short week and Josh was injured 

the playoffs- they just couldn’t run the ball 🏈 

1 hour ago, BTB said:

Are we talking about the Titans who just lost to the woeful Jets?

My thoughts exactly.  When did this game become a season defining game.  I dont even see the KC game that way until it unfolds.  It is possible to lose that game and still win the division.  Looking at any season game as defining the year is not realistic.  The important thing about the KC game is home field. 

Edited by nedboy7

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea we'll be 'fine' if we don't win both statistically but getting worked by kc for the third time would be such a huge blow to the confidence.  We could go 15-2 and none of that matters really if we can't beat kc

Maybe , maybe not. Other teams have managed to beat the Chiefs already. That could happen later in the season or even in the playoffs. The Bills could win their division and never face KC in the playoffs. Only one number 1 seed made the Super Bowl last year. Some teams just match up better with certain teams and not so well with others. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Not to sidetrack things or make excuses, but not knowing what team we would play, or when we would play them was one of the strangest things I’ve seen in sports.  SO, here we are a year later and much of that craziness seems in the distant past. Odd.

I honestly think we can play fine with the Chiefs. Hopefully we click against their weak defense. They have given up 125 points, while we have given up 44 at this thru 4 games. I don’t care which NFL team you’re playing, holding them to an average of 11 pts/game is pretty impressive.  

And I pray the Titans stay in their funk for another few weeks until we get out of there! I’d hate to get the Titans THIS week after them getting embarrassed by giving the Jets a win! Let’s give them some time to work their anger out before we show up.