"If Allen Plays Like Crap This Week, Accept that He's Simply Not Good

FilthyBeast
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

For the reading and discussing pleasure of those who wish to hypothesize that 2 or 3 games outweigh a full season as a sample set, Congratulations!  You have won your very own thread using the "magic" of the moderator "Split" function

For the reading and discussing pleasure of those who wish to discuss the upcoming game, let's try to keep the Week 3 WFT thread at least loosely on topic

Enjoy!

29 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

This is the quote I was responding to: Agree, if Allen plays like crap again this week there are no more excuses. It will be time to accept that he's simply not good and behind closed doors in Orchard Park there will be serious buyers remorse knowing that he had a fluke year during the weird fanless covid year.

You are correct. I read it but didn't take it literally. I interpreted it and added my own biases. Sorry.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's really this simple, until Allen proves last year wasn't a fluke he's the same guy we saw in 2018/2019 right now....extremely erratic with a few glipses of greatness sprinkled in. You don't pay $250M for that, not even close and we have the right to demand better as fans since there were many of us that understood last year could have been an outlier and not really who Allen is. And you can't make the comparison to midseason last year since he came out guns blazing in the first four games.

He's been terrible from the get go and now we also now Pittsburgh isn't nearly as good as we thought either given Carr's performance yesterday. Honestly Allen is lucky he didn't have 3 or 4 INT yesterday but obviously it's not under the microscope so to speak because our defense gave one of the best performances of the McD/Frazier era.

Allen must get his head right quickly starting this week.

You should change your avatar to Chet from weird science.  Filthy m***** ****** you are Waving Weird Science GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agree, if Allen plays like crap again this week there are no more excuses. It will be time to accept that he's simply not good and behind closed doors in Orchard Park there will be serious buyers remorse knowing that he had a fluke year during the weird fanless covid year.

Washington has a good dline and but has struggled mightily overall and is lucky to be 1-1 right now. And even if they were a top defense Allen played extremely well against many top 10 defenses last year and has to show that again given his contract. Really hope he can turn it around and come out firing.

🙄🤫🤮🤪 I don’t have anything else to say. LOL

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agree, if Allen plays like crap again this week there are no more excuses. It will be time to accept that he's simply not good and behind closed doors in Orchard Park there will be serious buyers remorse knowing that he had a fluke year during the weird fanless covid year.

Washington has a good dline and but has struggled mightily overall and is lucky to be 1-1 right now. And even if they were a top defense Allen played extremely well against many top 10 defenses last year and has to show that again given his contract. Really hope he can turn it around and come out firing.

and if he plays well?

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Washington is not scoring more than 10.  Bills flood.  27-10

Imagine thinking an entire year is a fluke 

A year and a half, really

51 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

People, Tampa and Brady looked like crap early last season. R-E-L-A-X

They were a wild card team

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's really this simple, until Allen proves last year wasn't a fluke he's the same guy we saw in 2018/2019 right now....extremely erratic with a few glipses of greatness sprinkled in. You don't pay $250M for that, not even close and we have the right to demand better as fans since there were many of us that understood last year could have been an outlier and not really who Allen is. And you can't make the comparison to midseason last year since he came out guns blazing in the first four games.

He's been terrible from the get go and now we also now Pittsburgh isn't nearly as good as we thought either given Carr's performance yesterday. Honestly Allen is lucky he didn't have 3 or 4 INT yesterday but obviously it's not under the microscope so to speak because our defense gave one of the best performances of the McD/Frazier era.

Allen must get his head right quickly starting this week.

You are aware in 2018-2019 he played with no skill talent not named Zay Jones currently in the National Football League right 🙄

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

It's probably an overreaction but your " the Bills and Allen will figure it out" thinking can be similarly a positive overreaction. There no facts in your conclusion or projection. Sure, you could be right and I hope you are! Just saying it cuts both ways. Others like myself aren't so quick to believe "it will all get figured out." That's ok too right? The fact remains the Bills offense and Allen have been mediocre at best. Let's stick with the facts...

If Allen wasn’t the best player on the field they lose to the Colts in the playoffs a fact that is easily forgotten by most 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I’m here to fight someone. Who’s stepping up!?

I just arrived here directly from the Browns fan melee in Cleveland thread in OTW. You could probably take ALL of them! Maybe even lock somebody in one of the ample porta potties and tip it over! 

I was watching the Manning’s during the game tonight and the was that Detroit defended Rodgers was almost the same as defenses are doing with Allen - dropping 7 or 8 with 2 players deep.  Peyton talked about the importance of a check down game or calling a running play.  He said that playing that type of defense is basically saying “we don’t think you’re patient enough to check it down and will force it in double coverage.”

I think that Beasley and Sanders could be really helpful here

• Agree 1