162 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win TNF

• Dallas
    • Tampa Bay
  2. 2. Who do you hate less

• Cowboys
    • Brady

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly though you don’t believe that the NFL is fixed for Brady? From New England to now in Tampa?

I think star players have always gotten special treatment on a subconscious level by the refs.  

If they do call that you'd have people equally upset saying that Jerry has the refs on his payroll.

The Cowboys were better than I thought - particularly Dak.  That no call at the end of the game decided it.

I was surprised.  I was rooting hard for Dallas, which I never thought possible. Brady has overtaken them on my "never root for" list....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Cowboys showed why passing yards aren't highly correlated with winning

In 2019 (last season Dak played) the Cowboys (8-8) had the #2 passing offense in the league, after Tampa Bay (7-9) with Jameis Winston, but #6 on points.  They did just what they did last night - moved the ball down the field readily but couldn't always "seal the deal" for points.

Yeah i know what those stats were. they barely lost and play in one of the now worst divisions in football until proven otherwise. I hope they go 0-16 but they are too talented. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Yeah i know what those stats were. they barely lost and play in one of the now worst divisions in football until proven otherwise. I hope they go 0-16 but they are too talented. 

Your statement was

"They are clearly going to have one of the best offenses in the league unfortunately. Maybe not quite "unstoppable" but pretty close. "

That's a bit different from saying they're talented, and will win a bunch of games because they play in a weak division.   If that's your point, I agree with you on that.  But there's a lot of space between "talented and will win a bunch of games" and "one of the best offenses in the league, close to unstoppable"

20 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

@GunnerBill come on, man. After the 20:00 mark...

I think it was OPI but I don't think it is a slam dunk. He extends the arm out but he doesn't shove Lewis with any force if anything Lewis is slightly off balance as he turns around. I think in the middle of the 3rd quarter they call that... but whether folks like it or not the refs tend to let them play more inside 2 minutes. 

I have no issue with that being a no call. I'd have had no issue with it being called either. Don't consider it an egregious mistake.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If they do call that you'd have people equally upset saying that Jerry has the refs on his payroll.

Nope.

The commentators, ref in the booth, and replay all confirmed it was a penalty. There would be no controversy if they called it, except for Bucs fans. (See the Rams DPI on the Bills last year in the final seconds. The only people thinking it's controversial are Rams fans.)

On the flip side, not calling it creates a controversy for everyone else not a Bucs fan, even Cowboy haters like me. 😁

9 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I will disagree to agree. 🙂

On another subject, as you are faux Brit - Raducanu or Fernandez? I am picking the latter in a tough-to-predict game

There is nothing faux about my Britishness thank you very much! 

Gotta pull for our girl, she has done brilliantly. I do think it is hard to call though. British tennis definitely needed her because there is no obvious sign of a replacement for Murray emerging any time soon on the men's side and Konta's game has collapsed so we needed a star from somewhere!

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

There is nothing faux about my Britishness thank you very much! 

Gotta pull for our girl, she has done brilliantly. I do think it is hard to call though. British tennis definitely needed her because there is no obvious sign of a replacement for Murray emerging any time soon on the men's side and Konta's game has collapsed so we needed a star from somewhere!

I didn't mean it as a sign of disrespect. Not many Brits who are so knowledgeable about American football

I do agree British tennis needed someone like Raducanu. I find it astonishing that no British woman has made a Grand Slam final since Virginia Wade did in 1976! Raducanu looks to be a good one though. I look forward to women's tennis where these two teens continue improving and give us a Evert-Navratilova type rivalry

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Success said:

The Cowboys were better than I thought - particularly Dak.  That no call at the end of the game decided it.

I was surprised.  I was rooting hard for Dallas, which I never thought possible. Brady has overtaken them on my "never root for" list....

Better team won, as the only reason Dallas had a chance was the TB fumble inside the five.. but that was a bad beat to lose on a call half the refs in the league flag.  

15 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I didn't mean it as a sign of disrespect. Not many Brits who are so knowledgeable about American football

I do agree British tennis needed someone like Raducanu. I find it astonishing that no British woman has made a Grand Slam final since Virginia Wade did in 1976! Raducanu looks to be a good one though. I look forward to women's tennis where these two teens continue improving and give us a Evert-Navratilova type rivalry

No disrespect taken, don't worry 😛

Just now, SCBills said:

Better team won, as the only reason Dallas had a chance was the TB fumble inside the five.. but that was a bad beat to lose on a call half the refs in the league flag.  

True. But Dallas's kicker left 4 points on the field too.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, nucci said:

460 yards of offense and 29 points and it's on the offense?

I didn't say that.  But go back to early last year and you will see the same thing - the Cowboys moving the ball and pilling up yards but not winning the game.  And when you're plus 3 in TO's and have a 9 minute advantage in TOP, 29 points doesn't seem like that much to me.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I didn't say that.  But go back to early last year and you will see the same thing - the Cowboys moving the ball and pilling up yards but not winning the game.  And when you're plus 3 in TO's and have a 9 minute advantage in TOP, 29 points doesn't seem like that much to me.

They left points on the field for sure. Their kicker left 4. Zeke 3 years ago has a walk in touchdown on the pitch but now gets tackled 3 yards short. Give them another 8 points from that and the kicker...  it is a different game. The loss was on the whole team and coaching. The only guy I'd absolve from blame is the Quarterback. He is the best thing about Dallas, and it ain't close.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

It’s funny how a QB can just get the snap and throw the ball from the pocket 15 ft over his WRs head and 15 ft out of bounds lol….

Don’t like that risk profile from Arians. Anything goes wrong, tackled inbounds and clock runs out.

Edited by Ralonzo

On 9/9/2021 at 8:10 PM, QCity said:

A 6-10 team shouldn't be playing in the opening game.

I stand corrected, that game was wildly entertaining. I did not think the Dallas offense could do that to a defense that just shut down Mahomes. Dak was on a pace last year for 6,700 yards. If he stays healthy, with a 17 game schedule he's a shoe-in for 6K and may challenge 7K. Crazy.

14 hours ago, QCity said:

I stand corrected, that game was wildly entertaining. I did not think the Dallas offense could do that to a defense that just shut down Mahomes. Dak was on a pace last year for 6,700 yards. If he stays healthy, with a 17 game schedule he's a shoe-in for 6K and may challenge 7K. Crazy.

Dak is better than a lot of people have been willing to admit. I am not sure why it is. Maybe it is still a bit of "4th round" bias. Maybe it is because he plays for the Cowboys and a lot of people don't like them. But after you have got past the real elite top end guys.... the Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson (and I suppose if he ever gets back on a field Watson), who else would you take above Dak Prescott? Tannehill? Stafford? Jackson? Murray? To me all of those are no. He might be the 6th or 7th best Quarterback in the National Football League and for some reason he is still talked about by some as if he Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins or Jared Goff. The other argument people make is "well he isn't a winner" but his 4 full seasons (ie. excluding last year where he was done week 5) he has had three winning seasons and one 8-8. He won two division titles and a playoff game in those 4 years too. He had a winning record at Mississipi State, hell he had a 10 win season there.... something that has happened precisely twice since the end of WWII. I don't understand why he still doesn't get the respect he deserves. The Cowboys without him are a 4 or 5 win team. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

On 9/10/2021 at 6:23 AM, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. Go back to my Day 1 Debrief from the 2016 draft and I described taking Zeke at #4 when the Cowboys had a huge need at corner and Jalen Ramsey just sitting there as buying a shiny new front door for your house when the roof is leaking. And then the extension was ill-judged. Imagine where the Cowboys would be had they not stolen Dak in round 4 and they didn't have a Quarterback either.

EDIT: and 5 years later they still have that huge need a corner.... 

giving Jaylon Smith his contract was a major mistake too. I think Dallas can potentially be good this season but it’s amazing that’s on the table when they burned so much money on those two guys. 

Dak was very good but people are also forgetting he had like 4 dropped INTs before Carlton Davis finally got the one. A lot of very impressive throws in the face of pressure though and a very impressive return from his injuries. 

Edited by DCOrange

10 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Don’t like that risk profile from Arians. Anything goes wrong, tackled inbounds and clock runs out.

The only thing that could have gone wrong is a mishandled snap. The risk there is extremely minimal and the benefit is sealing the game with a bow. 

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The only thing that could have gone wrong is a mishandled snap. The risk there is extremely minimal and the benefit is sealing the game with a bow. 

I kind of hate that those throws are not considered grounding. I get why they aren't but they are just intentional throw aways.

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I kind of hate that those throws are not considered grounding. I get why they aren't but they are just intentional throw aways.

It’s for sure intentional but as long as there’s a WR along the sideline there’s really nothing to call there. Kinda lame though. 

i watched the game,  mainly cuz its the first reg season game.   a game that had 2 teams playing where if it was possible for them both to lose,  i would have been extremely happy.    main takeaways from the game,   Brady sure has a clean pocket to throw from,  Dak looked awkward throwing,  dont care about his 400 yrds when his average pass was less than 7 yrds,    Cowboys running game is poop,  line is not the oline it once was,  and the only thing consistent about PI calls in the NFL is the inconsistency of PI calls in the NFL.     did not enjoy watching the game.

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It’s for sure intentional but as long as there’s a WR along the sideline there’s really nothing to call there. Kinda lame though. 

The key is that he's not facing an "imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense".

It's the same as a spike but it takes a few more seconds off the clock.

Finally got around to watching this game last night.

What an opening day game!  More entertaining than I thought I would be.

Though the TB turnovers helped keep it close; still Dallas looked better than I thought they'd look.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Finally got around to watching this game last night.

What an opening day game!  More entertaining than I thought I would be.

Though the TB turnovers helped keep it close; still Dallas looked better than I thought they'd look.

Very fun game. And that was the largest point spread of the week; we’re hopefully in for an entertaining Sunday.