Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

As for a trade, this isn’t one I’d like to see as a Bills fan. I won’t be shocked if Watson plays again, and I’m kinda liking having the best QB in the AFCE after a long cold QB winter around here. NE had a 20 year run, and even half of that would be really nice.

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Miami is a great place for a sexual predator to do his thing.

Lots of beautiful women down there.

Seriously though, should this guy be allowed to take a single snap in the NFL again?

I hope he isn't if the accusations are true. 

I think this trade is likely something in place for the 2022 season. It just doesn’t make sense for any team to trade 5 picks in the first two rounds plus likely other assets for a QB who is under federal investigation and is possible that they won’t play any time soon.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He won’t, at least not this year and it mainly depends what happens with the 22 cases that are against him

It actually depends on the 10 that are being investigated as potential criminal complaints. Even if he is liable by the civil standard he will play in the league again after a suspension. If he is found guilty under the criminal law then he is facing jail time and will not play pro football again.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This would suck… assuming Watson can actually play….

This is what everyone is conveniently overlooking. Watson on that team the way it's currently built will present major problems for the Bills. Did anyone see Watson's numbers last year. The man was ballin out on a crap team full of scrubs. The one thing holding that team back right now is Tua. Watson makes that team instant contenders. Can they overtake the Bills for the division? Right now I'd say no but they will have definitely closed the gap significantly.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

As for a trade, this isn’t one I’d like to see as a Bills fan. I won’t be shocked if Watson plays again, and I’m kinda liking having the best QB in the AFCE after a long cold QB winter around here. NE had a 20 year run, and even half of that would be really nice.

Watson’s career is over, one way or the other.  I hope Miami makes this trade.  Whether their picks are protected or not, they are absolutely screwed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Watson’s career is over, one way or the other.  I hope Miami makes this trade.  Whether their picks are protected or not, they are absolutely screwed.

There is one way it is over - that he is found guilty at a criminal trial. Otherwise he will play in the league again. 

I'd rather it wasn't in Miami.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Your joke rests on the basis that it's funny for men to physically overpower women. That's a serious crime, and the repercussions of living through a sexual assault can last for the rest of a victim's life. 

I suggest editing it out. 

It wasn’t my joke., but If that’s what you got from reading it your interpretation is a poor one. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

They're so sold on Tua (playing on a rookie deal the next 4 seasons) that they're ready to trade for a QB under investigation for sexual assault and may not play this season. 

I was starting to worry "what if Tua is elite" and they get that rookie year QB situation.

Nope.  They know he sucks.  

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

This is what everyone is conveniently overlooking. Watson on that team the way it's currently built will present major problems for the Bills. Did anyone see Watson's numbers last year. The man was ballin out on a crap team full of scrubs. The one thing holding that team back right now is Tua. Watson makes that team instant contenders. Can they overtake the Bills for the division? Right now I'd say no but they will have definitely closed the gap significantly.

I don’t see how? They keep cutting guys lose after 1 year, their o line is a fat mess they have no running game and not one starter on their RB roster. Plus their WR corps is mediocre at best. Parker can’t stay healthy, Waddle so far has been a no show, the only receiver they have that is good is Gesicki. Now Defensively their tough but they can be beaten

14 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Your joke rests on the basis that it's funny for men to physically overpower women. That's a serious crime, and the repercussions of living through a sexual assault can last for the rest of a victim's life. 

I suggest editing it out. 

I think sexual assault is never funny but have you ever heard George Carlin? 

He can make a joke out of anything... It is all context 

I don't think the poster was pro sexual assault ... In fact he said it's a joke if he's allowed to play

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t see how? They keep cutting guys lose after 1 year, their o line is a fat mess they have no running game and not one starter on their RB roster. Plus their WR corps is mediocre at best. Parker can’t stay healthy, Waddle so far has been a no show, the only receiver they have that is good is Gesicki. Now Defensively their tough but they can be beaten

That same team won 10 games with a Fitz/Tua combo and were competitive in others. They've added good pieces and Watson could be a major get if acquired. Yes we beat the brakes off them, especially week 17 which I watch over and over on YouTube😝 but they will be needed to take seriously.

Just now, njbuff said:

And?

Like one poster just said.....

Ever hear of George Carlin?

And there are some jokes that cross the line are offensive and shouldn't be made. 

And no I have never heard of George Carlin. I suspect I don't want to.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And there are some jokes that cross the line are offensive and shouldn't be made. 

And no I have never heard of George Carlin. I suspect I don't want to.

That’s probably true, but it hasn’t appeared in this thread to be sure. As for Carlin, pure comedic genius. Highly recommended. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1