Predict the Season

GunnerBill

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Outside of 2018 when we were truly 'rebuilding', one overlooked aspect of mcdermott's teams is getting of to a good start (5-2 in 2017, 2019, 2020).

So if we do get out of the gates at 1-2 they'll definitely be some major concerns across the board especially since those 2 losses will be at home.

Speaking of overlooked, the Steelers game is really starting to concern me because even most of the pundits and experts are writing them off this year. Big mistake IMO and I think this is going to be a very tough game even if we do win because of how motivated the Steelers are going to be + we have beat them 2 straight years.

Your post represents my point in a nutshell.

You say the Steelers actually shouldn't be underestimated. You say McDermott teams start off well (they still end up getting to 5-2 in my prediction, btw..). So why should we be concerned if they lose to the Steelers and start off a little rough?

You did exactly what I predicted people would do in this fun theoretical scenario 😄

10 hours ago, Beast said:

The statistics don't matter. How they got there doesn't matter. The end results are all that matter.

The Bills will be the first team to go undefeated since the 72 Dolphins.

20-0. Super Bowl Champions.

I think you're insane. Won't lie though, some pee pee just dribbled out when I thought about it happening

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

14-3

Remember when predicting the Bills would win 14 games was probably an indication of day drinking?  :)  🍺

I’ll go on record with 0-17, and look forward to the finest dish of crow ever served! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

In regards to the OP I find it very difficult to believe we could go 14-3, lose to the Chiefs and win the 1 seed. That would require KC to lose 4 other games and I just don't see that happening. If we went 14-3 and beat the Chiefs I could see us getting the 1 seed. That scenario would require the Chiefs to only lose 2 other games. 

As for my prediction, I also believe we'll go 14-3, but a 15 or 16 win season is possible for this team but it's difficult to predict that because key injuries could cause us to lose a game or two here and there. I also would be shocked if we win fewer than 12 games this year. Should be a fun year!

Thanks for the prediction OP!

I agree with GB - 14/3 - but I would say that they will not lose to both KC and Tampa, and instead will lose a game to an inferior opponent like TN, or perhaps a real stinker against NO on the road.  I think they beat KC.  

PITT - W

@ MIA - L ... Our players melt in full sun while the Dolphins sit in the shade

WTF - W

HOU - W

@ KC - L ... We just don't measure up

@ TENN - L ... Stopping the run is not our forte

MIA - W

@ NYJ - W

@ JAX - W

IND - W

@ NO - W

NE - W

@ TB - L ... We fear Brady

CAR - W

@ NE - L ... Our locker room will be bugged

ATL - W

NYJ - W

12-5

'

AFC seedings - 1. Tenn - 2. Buffalo - 3. Cleveland - 4. KC ( Mahomes misses 6 games)

Tenn over KC

Buff over Cleve

BUFFALO over TENN

Super Bowl - TB over BUFFALO ... Phantom penalties against Buffalo and obvious penalties not called against Tampa gets fans calling for an investigation.

• Eyeroll 1

I always see these season predictions with us losing to Chiefs, Titans and Bucs  GTFO we going to destroy all 3 of those biatches AND a division SWEEP on the way to the SB !!!  

GO BILLS BABY !!

Edited by Putin

13-4 or 14-3.

Washington will be a tricky game.  Bad matchup for the o-line if they don’t improve on the interior.  Allen better wear track shoes.  If  Fitzmagic shows up they could win.  

Think they split with the Pats

Bucs could be a “L” in a close one.

I think they beat the Chiefs and the Titans.  

I really want to say 14-3, but the extra game is tough and could lead to one of those stupid losses later in the year.

Pitt-W (their line has not figured it out, and Harris gets very little yardage -GROOT sacks Ben twice and bats a ball down)

Mia-W (close though as it will be 148 degrees or at least feel like it)

WTF-W (closer than expected due to their defense and Fitz loses it for them with a pick in the 4th quarter like that Jets game a few years ago)

Texans-W (by 40)

Chiefs-L (much closer than expected maybe 27-24)

Ten-W (we kept Henry in check with 83 yards last year and that is a win for us, it’s more of stopping their passing game)

Mia-W

Jags-W (by 21 at least)

Jets-W
Colts-L (surprise but Wentz surprises people and gets back to his SB year performance under Reich - they are a complete team)

Saints-W (Winston throws 3 picks and 1 pick six)

Pats-W

Bucs-L ( Brady’s arm finally starts fading, but just enough for a loss -Bucs 24-21)

Car-W (they are rebuilding and by then Darnold is benched)

Pats-W (very very close like an overtime Bass 60 yard field goal in the snow)

Atl-W

Jets-W (we destroy them with our backups)

So 14-3, but there is always a possibility of a trap game loss which at worst we are 13-4.  Enough for the second seed.  By the AFCCG our defensive line is firing on all cylinders so we beat the Colts, Browns, and the Chiefs in KC.  SB - Bills/Rams and we win in LA.  

BTW -491 pts. GB.  “You aimin to shoot the dog” again with an extra game.  Uhuh, 518 pts. and a new franchise record.  And we do repeat a sweep of the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:32 AM, Beast said:

The statistics don't matter. How they got there doesn't matter. The end results are all that matter.

The Bills will be the first team to go undefeated since the 72 Dolphins.

20-0. Super Bowl Champions.

Let me say 23-0.

I forgot to add the pre-season.

For lack of a better thread to put it in....I was going over the enitre NFL schedule game by game.....There is a big cluster of teams that figure to go about 9-8 to 8-9 or so.  Getting to 10 wins will be a big deal in the wild card races.  That said....The Bills schedule is more favorable than what the Chiefs have but not by much.  I think the Bills play in the tougher division this year as I don't think much of the Raiders or Broncos, but I do think the Phins and Pats can make some noise.  The week 5 KC/BILLS matchup is going to be HUGE.  That game may well determine the 1 seed.  I'd also like to think that most years going into the final week, you usually know the 1 seed and maybe that team can rest some guys.  I don't think it will go down like that.  If it comes down to playing out week 17 to determine the 1 seed...that is also advantage Bills....you all host the jets..KC is on the road at Denver.  Not that the Jets or Denver are that great, but going on the road in the cold to Denver is not better than the Bills at home to the Jets.

Can't wait for this season.  Truly, the AFC is going to be a 2 team race...with Cleveland a distant 3rd and Tenn a distant 4th.