Do you guys think our running game improved a bit?

I mean I know it’s only preseason and it’s the 1st preseason game. But I felt like our running game kicked it into second gear today. Singletary  did a solid job today as did Breida , would’ve liked to have seen Trubisky throw some more but i was Really impressed with how we ran the ball today. Thoughts?? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I mean I know it’s only preseason and it’s the 1st preseason game. But I felt like our running game kicked it into second gear today. Singletary  did a solid job today as did Breida , would’ve liked to have seen Trubisky throw some more but i was Really impressed with how we ran the ball today. Thoughts?? 

I think our line is stronger and Motor made some strides this summer.

Motor's burst and decisiveness stood out.  That was with the back up oline vs most of their starters on D if I'm not mistaken.

They didn't panic and over draft another RB or bring in like Todd Gurley.  

We don't know if it's fixed but they believe the solution is in that RB room and I still think it's Singletary.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

I think our run game would of been fine last year. We just never spent enough time actually attempting it. First time we run on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down this year like we did today followed by a punt and people are gonna freak out lol.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think our run game would of been fine last year. We just never spent enough time actually attempting it. First time we run on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down this year like we did today followed by a punt and people are gonna freak out lol.

I've said the same thing.  Last year was all work in the passing game.  Run game should be better this year.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think we really won't know until we see the regular season.

Or maybe a different team - the Lions were 28th in rush yards given up last season, and are just hoping to be better

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Motor's burst and decisiveness stood out.  That was with the back up oline vs most of their starters on D if I'm not mistaken.

They didn't panic and over draft another RB or bring in like Todd Gurley.  

We don't know if it's fixed but they believe the solution is in that RB room and I still think it's Singletary.

Going by how the season ended....it would be Moss.  May be they don't want to expose Moss to pre-season injuries

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well, get ready for the Moss/Breida show this year.

I thought Singletary looked like a bonafide starter.   Breida looks too small, Moss looks too small to bea power back...

Singletary looks bonafide.

Go Bills!

PS - I sure hope Breida and Moss shot me up...,,

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Sour taste in mouths....

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It was better my question is short yardage 3-3 or less I’d rather not have Josh be our short yardage guy hopefully that will be Moss 

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Motor has always been good, fans were hard on him for no reason.

Exactly. The times tonight when he had a defender in his face as soon as he touched the ball had the same outcome as last year. It just happened far fewer times tonight.

Singletary is a good back. Not amazing or spectacular, but a good back.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Sour taste in mouths....

That never even fazed me. So we didn't get a 6-7 yard gain (defenders would have closed in around the sticks)? Boo hoo. Far, FAR, worse things happened in that game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Motor has always been good, fans were hard on him for no reason.

His vision and elusiveness has always been there and he's exceptionally strong for his size. Unfortunately he's had some inopportune fumbles and drops that stick out. I think the light bulb goes on this year and he cements himself as the lead back in a quality RB stable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Thought Brieda looked shifty and elusive on some of those runs.

Breida had some good years in SF problem was Mostert was sorta the same guy, but a bit better. I think he can help the Bills this year, if he makes it.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

That never even fazed me. So we didn't get a 6-7 yard gain (defenders would have closed in around the sticks)? Boo hoo. Far, FAR, worse things happened in that game.

To me It capped off a disappointing sophomore season after a promising rookie one.  Tonight's performance was encouraging though.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You were on the right track. 

Edited by jeremy2020