Do you guys think our running game improved a bit?

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I hate to be that guy, but I saw nothing special.

I thought it was ok.  Nothing demonstrative that showed it was better. 

Did they run?  Yes, because they tried to run.  Was it generally successful…no.  It didn’t “fail”, but I wouldn’t want to rest my hat on the running game if it came time for us to rest our hats on it.

What running “imposing your will” did they do yesterday. 

This!!!

Absolutely nothing special at all. In fact early in the game they ran to the left side and got blown up behind the line….and my heart sank. It looked exactly like so many runs to the left side last year. I’m no offensive line coach but something is really wrong there. It happens way way too often. Either the blockers or blocking schemes are seriously messed up. Fix it…please!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cody Ford is a bulldozer. Hopefully he stays healthy. 

Yeah they should stop trying to force him into a RT spot. Leave him at guard for the rest of his career. If he looks like he did last night for the rest of the season there will be a lot more holes for our RBs.

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

For as "bad" as our run game was last year, we still averaged 4.4 YPC

Yeah, I don’t really know why everyone is suddenly worrying about the running game. They ran it fine and this is a passing team anyway. My bigger concern on offense was the way the OL got blown up against KC. That’s where I want to see improvement.

Edited by vincec

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The biggest question to me will be how are the RB's used.  There's all this talk of how Breida adds a speed element.  But will it be like last year and only two are active on game days.  If so then his speed adds no value.   Or will that be changed up and activate a 3rd RB at the expense of some other position having one less?   Moss is more a power back so again even if their plan was to alternate who's inactive depending on the game plan without all three active, you don't have all the elements. 

Breida and Moss in particular each add a different element.  Not sure what Singletary offers from a unique standpoint??

Singletary is the back that will offer 5.1 yds./carry this year in a starting role, imho.... I think he is the only one who has the quickness, Shimmy and shake to Be a back that can start (but he does need someone to rotate with some, he's not an every down back, he's a back you pair up with someone.

• Thank you (+1) 1