Gameday Postgame Thread Bills 16 Lions 15

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Just based on what I saw tonight:

Webb was solid. Fromm stays but on practice squad. Came up clutch when we needed.

I wouldn't mind having both McKenzie and Stevenson on the final 53.

Williams disappointed tonight.

Rousseau showed he belongs in this league. Didn't get the same feeling from Basham or Obada.

Wildgoose may be among the 5 cuts in the next couple of days. Bobby Hart definitely will be.

Tyler Bass may be the steal of the 2020 draft.

Like your list, don't like the new profile pic.  😜

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Smith was good at LB 

I thought he looked really good even well before he capped off his night with a pick.

I never remember him catching my eye like that before but he had my attention real quick tonight.

• Like (+1) 3

If Hughes and Addison can give us something this year, it looks like Rousseau and Epenesa will be providing a 🔥 rotation off the edge.

Basham makes the team, but probably inactive on gamedays..  He and Obada seemed to be noticeably less impactful than Greg and AJ. 

Edited by SCBills

11 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Haack worries me, if I can notice he's a tick and half slow getting the punt off you know Belichick is licking his chops.

He has had one blocked by NE (his only one) in the last 4 years playing for Miami.  I'm not too worried about that.

It was back in 2018 and I'm sure he knows what BB likes to do.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The McKittrick hate runs deep at TBD.  They're looking for any excuse to get rid of him, because he couldn't dig a ball out the dirt.

If nothing else Stevenson earned some reps with somebody better throwing to him.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Hughes and Addison can give us something this year, it looks like Rousseau and Epenesa will be providing a 🔥 rotation off the edge.

Basham probably makes the team, but he and Obada seemed to be noticeably less impactful than Greg and AJ. 

Basham probably makes the team? 

Uhh we’re not cutting our second rounder… sorry. 

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Bills may very well have to cut more than half their draft picks. No surprises or gems in this class. Stevenson is the closest, but is stuck at the deepest position on the team.

Agreed. I wanted Beane to give away some picks this year for a higher round pick next year.  After the top 3 I can't see more than one other guy making the roster.  

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

I don’t care that it was a preseason game. I want to win them all. There’s value in that 4th quarter game winning drive.

Uh no there is not.  There just isn't. There is zero value.  Almost all those guys will be on the street in 3 weeks.  The only value to the fourth round of a preseason game is the starters are not on the field to get hurt.  That's it.  

• Disagree 3

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Basham probably makes the team? 

Uhh we’re not cutting our second rounder… sorry. 

Ha… my bad!  I meant to say he makes the 53, but not active Gameday roster. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

Stevenson ahead of McKenzie for the return job

Not yet but it could happen.  

Still an open competition.

As I said I love the frame, the speed, his hands, his style - he looks like Tyreek.   

Guaranteed if you asked him who he's watched the most tape on he says Hill.  

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Brutal clock management once again by McClappy. 

How do you leave time on the clock there?

Because like Campbell - they were playing a situation- not a regular season game.

Why would Detroit throw the ball near the end zone the drive before - it is not because Campbell is stupid - they were trying to use that as a chance to practice certain plays in a true game situation.

McD did the same thing - after the long completion- the next set of play calls would never happen in an actual game, but you want to see how you team reacts with no timeouts needing to move the ball.  I think he is happy they won, but more happy to try different things.

I also think he would of been fine if the clock had been moving and they had to rush the kicker out if he had gotten tackled in bounds.  They worked that scenario in practice and I think he would of loved that in the game - hence the play calls.

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Brutal clock management once again by McClappy. 

How do you leave time on the clock there?

Perhaps he doesn't think how we think and he is less concerned about winning. Maybe he wants to try different things in certain game situations, you know, being that this is preseason and all.