It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

What is odd to me that no one is discussing how much the passport will negatively effect minorities. Whites are vaccinated at a much higher rate than blacks and especially rich white people compared to poor blacks. The same people who complained how voter ID laws hurt 4% of blacks see no issue with slamming the door on 50% of blacks on a daily basis 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What is odd to me that no one is discussing how much the passport will negatively effect minorities. Whites are vaccinated at a much higher rate than blacks and especially rich white people compared to poor blacks. The same people who complained how voter ID laws hurt 4% of blacks see no issue with slamming the door on 50% of blacks on a daily basis 

You need an ID to get vaccinated. It's double racist.

20 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Easily one of the top 3 dumbest moments/actions of this sham:

Screenshot_20210819-153907_One UI Home.jpg

They weren't dumb AT THE TIME. Remember, the accepted thinking in the early days of all of this (think February/March/April 2020) was that COVID was spread by droplets - something plexiglass shields would contain. Same thing with the 6-foot social distancing, which would at least in theory prevent most droplet transmission. And same too with the incessant wiping down of surfaces. Masks are not so good against aerosols (they're great against droplets), but they have some positive impact.

The problem is we seem to have lost the ability adapt quickly. From Summer 2020 on, it became clear that the primary mode of transmission was through aerosols. And that the primary way to avoid this is to ensure high air turnover rates. So from that time on it became bad policy to focus on plexiglass when we should've been spending our money on ventilation. Same for schools - some schools have improved ventilation, others not at all.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That's why despite the media's exuberance at NYC's use of it, my guess it's only being followed in places patronized by the upper crust.  Your corner store  in the city doesn't care and won't care. The restaurants and gyms checking for vax status in Philly are for rich white people or those that cater to the crew that work at Thomas Jefferson.

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They weren't dumb AT THE TIME. Remember, the accepted thinking in the early days of all of this (think February/March/April 2020) was that COVID was spread by droplets - something plexiglass shields would contain. Same thing with the 6-foot social distancing, which would at least in theory prevent most droplet transmission. And same too with the incessant wiping down of surfaces. Masks are not so good against aerosols (they're great against droplets), but they have some positive impact.

The problem is we seem to have lost the ability adapt quickly. From Summer 2020 on, it became clear that the primary mode of transmission was through aerosols. And that the primary way to avoid this is to ensure high air turnover rates. So from that time on it became bad policy to focus on plexiglass when we should've been spending our money on ventilation. Same for schools - some schools have improved ventilation, others not at all.

You and I agree completely that the biggest issue is that we are not adjusting quickly. When new information comes in the last ones to react are government forces and they usually are making things change based on old info. It is nice to know we can agree on something.

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Frankish, I think the biggest scam AT THE TIME was the scientific/political establishment looking the other way/encouraging/participating as tens of thousands of protestors from all walks of life gathered in cities across the country to stand, shoulder to shoulder/arm in arm,  when the political/scientific community was warning the rest of us that two people from three different households traveling the NYS Thruway to meet another location would cause the virus to spread like wildfire and kill your loved ones (and that a 36” square plexiglass shield would keep you super-duper safe).   It made no sense and contributed to the confusion and mistrust we see today with the political/scientific community. 

What say you? 

Btw, since we’re on the plexiglass divider thing—early on, there was a graphic that showed the impact of an individual coughing or sneezing in a grocery store and the amount of particulate spread.  Of course, we saw in that animation snot bombs spreading over three or four aisles.  Honestly, though I made them for my office and they remain in place still, I have viewed them as the equivalent of hiding under my desk back in grammar school if the big bomb came.  

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Took them long enough.  You wonder how many deaths could've been avoided if they didn't have to cut through all the red tape to go from EUA to full FDA approval

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

COVID-19 Exposed America’s Overregulated Health Care System

Unfortunately, for millions of Americans suffering from other rare diseases, the time and cost for potentially life-saving drugs and treatments to be approved is insufferable and borders on cruel and unusual punishment.

On average, it takes 12 years and $2.6 billion to bring a new drug from lab to market. For many startups, the funding barriers for these rigorous clinical trials are insurmountable. Of course, it is a reasonable mandate that the FDA approve safe and effective drugs for market.

Yet, as exemplified during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is possible to expedite approval and bring safe and effective drugs to market faster.

Patients suffering from rare diseases like amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) are asking for the same consideration from the FDA. The three COVID-19 vaccines that were approved in record time set a strong and affirmative precedent for other groups of patients; hopefully, this is a new standard that will inspire reform of the current drug approval process, making patient-centered care a top priority that is shielded from bureaucratic delays.

A recent study found that during the pandemic, more than 40 percent of patients delayed or avoided medical procedures and appointments out of fear of contracting COVID-19, further exposing how accessibility to care strains the American health care system.

Telehealth services, long advocated by American health care system observers, became an option almost overnight. Telehealth services, quite literally, brought health care services into patients’ hands via an app or over the phone.

More at the link: https://redstate.com/heartlandinstitute/2021/08/20/covid-19-exposed-americas-overregulated-health-care-system-n429648

7 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Voting is a right.

Going to an NFL game isn’t a right.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Voting is a right.

Going to NFL games is a daily experiences for 50 million Americans every day of the year? Your dishonesty would astound me if I did not know who you are.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Voting is a right.

um i needed a id to get a vaccination and had to wait in line. 

funny how the main concern for IDs seems to only be what gives the ones advocating it power. after that..who cares.

its so transparent, to most.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

um i needed a id to get a vaccination and had to wait in line. 

funny how the main concern for IDs seems to only be what gives the ones advocating it power. after that..who cares.

its so transparent, to most.

I didn’t. I made an appointment online and didn’t get asked for anything. I had my insurance card but the nice FEMA man said that won’t be necessary.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Going to NFL games is a daily experiences for 50 million Americans every day of the year? Your dishonesty would astound me if I did not know who you are.

Message me if you need me to send you water. That’s what friends do for one another.

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

I didn’t. I made an appointment online and didn’t get asked for anything. I had my insurance card but the nice FEMA man said that won’t be necessary.

Message me if you need me to send you water. That’s what friends do for one another.

i guess my neighborhood pharmacy is living in a jim crow era. maybe they let you slide if you show up without one but it was included on the things to bring checklist email pre appointment.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i guess my neighborhood pharmacy is living in a jim crow era. maybe they let you slide if you show up without one but it was included on the things to bring checklist email pre appointment.

They took a whole side of our mall and made it into a military-style FEMA camp. It was a little freaky like the movies. They had soldiers and state police there guarding and herding us like cattle.

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

They took a whole side of our mall and made it into a military-style FEMA camp. It was a little freaky like the movies. They had soldiers and state police there guarding and herding us like cattle.

yeah i avoided that. just waited alittle while and let the pile of people elbowing and clawing desperate to be saved by the virus i had to work through all year as a essential go first.

was able to choose which one i wanted and everything. 🤷‍♂️

much more pleasant experience I'm guessing.

Edited by Buffarukus

6 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

just curious if FDA approval changes anyones stance on whether they want to get vaccinated or not?

My gut tells me that these folks will just shift to “The FDA is corrupt and approved it too quickly.”

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

just curious if FDA approval changes anyones stance on whether they want to get vaccinated or not?

What are we even getting vaccinated against??  

Dooooooooooom!!!!

New COVID variants found in the U.S.

As the Delta variant of COVID-19 continues to push a surge of new cases, two more variants – Lambda and B.1.621 – are emerging in the U.S.

According to WWL TV, the Lambda variant has been found in Northern Louisiana.

“It's pretty clear now this virus is evolving fairly rapidly because it has access to a lot of people,” said Dr. Lucio Miele, MD, PhD with the Louisiana State University Health Genetics and Precision Medicine Lab.

The B.1.621 variant is so new that it has not been given a name beyond that marker, said Forbes.

However, Miele said it has already caused an outbreak in the U.S.

“So, what we're going to have to see over the next few weeks is how these variants compete with Delta, which is now the dominant one in the United States,” Miele said.

"Because Delta is so good at out-competing other variants, it's having children," Miele said. “There's the real possibility that one of its children will be better than the parent.”

Lambda and B.1.621 could also prove to be more contagious than Delta. These new strains could also be partially resistant to the antibodies created by vaccines. This means that even people who have had COVID-19 or have been vaccinated may still get infected with the new variants.

Getting the vaccine still helps reduce the changes of virus mutation as it cuts down on the overall presence of the virus. They can also prevent severe cases of COVD-19.

“The most recent data shows at least one in four people who contract COVID will experience long haul symptoms from long-term damage to various organs,” he said.

https://www.audacy.com/wwl/news/national/new-covid-variants-found-in-the-u-s

charlie murphy GIF

59 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Dooooooooooom!!!!

As the Delta variant of COVID-19 continues to push a surge of new cases, two more variants – Lambda and B.1.621 – are emerging in the U.S.

“It's pretty clear now this virus is evolving fairly rapidly because it has access to a lot of people,” said Dr. Lucio Miele, MD, PhD with the Louisiana State University Health Genetics and Precision Medicine Lab.

The B.1.621 variant is so new that it has not been given a name beyond that marker, said Forbes.

“So, what we're going to have to see over the next few weeks is how these variants compete with Delta, which is now the dominant one in the United States,” Miele said.

"Because Delta is so good at out-competing other variants, it's having children," Miele said. “There's the real possibility that one of its children will be better than the parent.”

Lambda and B.1.621 could also prove to be more contagious than Delta. These new strains could also be partially resistant to the antibodies created by vaccines. This means that even people who have had COVID-19 or have been vaccinated may still get infected with the new variants.

Getting the vaccine still helps reduce the changes of virus mutation as it cuts down on the overall presence of the virus. They can also prevent severe cases of COVD-19.

“The most recent data shows at least one in four people who contract COVID will experience long haul symptoms from long-term damage to various organs,” he said.

charlie murphy GIF

More people dying. You are laughing. 

Never wonder why you’re a piece of *****. 

Just now, Sundancer said:

More people dying. You are laughing. 

Never wonder why you’re a piece of *****. 

Yes I'm laughing.  

At dupes that think "this" ends with vaccines.  

They won't let it.

I know this because they haven't laid out a road map to end how they have been controlling humanity (going into year 3) and the sheep are good with it because people are dying.

People are dying is why you should get the vaccine then.

175 million of us have.  We're on to vaccinate passports now.  You are too stupid to comprehend what all of this means.  

Come a long way from just flatten the curve.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/covid-masks-dont-work-indoors-study/

New research reveals that cloth masks filter just 10% of exhaled aerosols.

WATERLOO, Ontario — N95 or KN95 face masks may be the best way to avoid COVID-19 during crowded indoor events. That’s the recommendation from a new study reporting most cloth masks just don’t do the job when it comes to stopping the spread of coronavirus within enclosed spaces.

Researchers from the University of Waterloo simulated a person breathing in a large room with a cloth face mask on. Despite wearing a mask, the study finds a large buildup of aerosol droplets suspended in the air. Besides raising awareness on the vulnerability of certain face masks, these findings also emphasize the need for proper ventilation indoors. More ventilation means less of a chance for potentially viral aerosols to linger around.

Yea, people really need to listen to people who refuse to do and scientific research to back up their

bull####.

10% successful is not successful at all.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Dooooooooooom!!!!

We're not going to vaccinate our way out. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/covid-masks-dont-work-indoors-study/

New research reveals that cloth masks filter just 10% of exhaled aerosols.

WATERLOO, Ontario — N95 or KN95 face masks may be the best way to avoid COVID-19 during crowded indoor events. That’s the recommendation from a new study reporting most cloth masks just don’t do the job when it comes to stopping the spread of coronavirus within enclosed spaces.

Researchers from the University of Waterloo simulated a person breathing in a large room with a cloth face mask on. Despite wearing a mask, the study finds a large buildup of aerosol droplets suspended in the air. Besides raising awareness on the vulnerability of certain face masks, these findings also emphasize the need for proper ventilation indoors. More ventilation means less of a chance for potentially viral aerosols to linger around.

Yea, people really need to listen to people who refuse to do and scientific research to back up their

bull####.

10% successful is not successful at all.

You mean my piece of cloth that has "I wear this because I care" sewn on it doesn't work against this

Screenshot_20210821-174916_Gallery.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes I'm laughing.  

At dupes that think "this" ends with vaccines.  

They won't let it.

I know this because they haven't laid out a road map to end how they have been controlling humanity (going into year 3) and the sheep are good with it because people are dying.

People are dying is why you should get the vaccine then.

175 million of us have.  We're on to vaccinate passports now.  You are too stupid to comprehend what all of this means.  

Come a long way from just flatten the curve.

Shut up dirtbag. You’re using children. You’re laughing at Americans dying. You’re a piece of *****. 

Rev. Jesse Jackson, wife Jacqueline hospitalized for COVID

CHICAGO (AP) - The Rev. Jesse Jackson, a famed civil rights leader and two-time presidential candidate, and his wife have been hospitalized after testing positive for COVID-19, according to a statement Saturday.

Jesse Jackson, 79, is vaccinated against the virus and received his first dose in January during a publicized event as he urged others to receive the inoculation as soon as possible. He and his wife, 77, are being treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.

"Doctors are currently monitoring the condition of both," according to the statement from Jesse Jackson's nonprofit, the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition.

"There are no further updates at this time," the statement said. "We will provide updates as they become available."

A protégé of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jesse Jackson was key in guiding the modern civil rights movement on numerous issues, including voting rights.

Despite having been diagnosed for Parkinson's disease, Jackson has remained active, and has advocated for COVID-19 vaccines for Black people, who lag behind white people in the United States' vaccination drive. Earlier this month, he was arrested outside the U.S. Capitol during a demonstration calling for Congress to end the filibuster in order to support voting rights.

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-pandemic-jesse-jackson-bc8777b053dd02ae04ecb60f4ba58cf5