DeSantis For President in 2024?

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Back to the Desantis thread.

Reminder:

And both W and Trump got out of their service too. What's your point?

By all accounts, DeSantis served as a military lawyer during his deployment and saw no action, which doesn't really move the needle for me either way. Thanks for your legal service, Ronbo.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah but they have the option.  It's like "free range" chickens.  The coops have a door that the chickens have the option to use (but never do).

All of which is why nobody on the Left should be making an issue out of this. It’s the 21st Century! Believe me, a kid can find a book on the internet before he/she would even think to look for one in the school library. Just another ridiculous attack on DeSantis. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

And both W and Trump got out of their service too. What's your point?

By all accounts, DeSantis served as a military lawyer during his deployment and saw no action, which doesn't really move the needle for me either way. Thanks for your legal service, Ronbo.

It was a big deal when Trump was President.  I remember them calling him President Bone Spurs.  

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

More accurately…thanks to the American taxpayers. 

In fairness, from what I understand this is more of a lend-lease type of situation in which Ukraine is basically moving from an American vassal state all the way to just an extension of the American empire as a satellite. In theory this could benefit the American taxpayer in the long run. 

It won’t, but in theory it could. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

In fairness, from what I understand this is more of a lend-lease type of situation in which Ukraine is basically moving from an American vassal state all the way to just an extension of the American empire as a satellite. In theory this could benefit the American taxpayer in the long run. 

It won’t, but in theory it could. 

proxy wars are better than sending troops...

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

proxy wars are better than sending troops...

So as long as its not Americans dying. just the locals, it's all good?  MIC loves that kind of talk.

Look at the drone wars.  people, media didn't even touch it. Cause it wasn't Americans dying from them.

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

So as long as its not Americans dying. just the locals, it's all good?  MIC loves that kind of talk.

Look at the drone wars.  people, media didn't even touch it. Cause it wasn't Americans dying from them.

no argument.  wars are evil but putin is more evil.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

the ones that suffer the most in conflict, are civilians.  

Putin's ars is sitting on some golden chair. 

seems strange to hear voices that will fight for the most downtrodden americans rights, also supporting wars that result in civilians having everything taken.

I still remember when the left was ANTI war.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

WE did WHAT?  We leveled that country?

Did Putin try to negotiate with Zelenskyy prior to Putin's war?

before 2014?    or of the countless times that each country was called out for targeting civilians from 2014 through 2020?

where do you think the bombs and missles we gave the, were dropped?  russia?

It's a violent and cruel world.  Arming Ukraine to stop the aggressive, dangerous and criminal regime that runs Russia is an absolute necessity.  Otherwise, Ukraine's women and children would be passed out to the oligarchs for sale, their valuable resources usurped and the country defiled.  Putin would have a stranglehold on Europe's energy market and would be rattling the stability of NATO.  

It's hard to imagine a spoiled America,  so gutless in it's approach to right and wrong in the world, that would not help Ukraine defend itself against an aggressor such as Vladimir Putin.  You wanna live with soft hands and softer bellies under the umbrella of the the greatest military empire the world has ever seen??  This is a small price to pay.  

• Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You really crack me up. But that’s why we luv ya! 

It is a fact that the GOP was anti-Russia (to be more accurate, anti-Putin) in 2012. Mitt Romney: Russia is our number 1 geopolitical rival. Obama: snarky response that is pure cringe today. 
It is also a fact that Trump and the post-takeover GOP did a 180 on Russia. And despite all the evidence to the contrary (the “they aren’t expansionist or any threat to the West” thing isn’t playing so well now, right?), there’s an awful lot of Putin apologists and half apologists in the GOP now. 

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It is a fact that the GOP was anti-Russia (to be more accurate, anti-Putin) in 2012. Mitt Romney: Russia is our number 1 geopolitical rival. Obama: snarky response that is pure cringe today. 
It is also a fact that Trump and the post-takeover GOP did a 180 on Russia. And despite all the evidence to the contrary (the “they aren’t expansionist or any threat to the West” thing isn’t playing so well now, right?), there’s an awful lot of Putin apologists and half apologists in the GOP now. 

There was also this:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/jul/03/tom-cotton/tom-cotton-hillary-clinton-pushed-reset-russia-mon/

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

before 2014?    or of the countless times that each country was called out for targeting civilians from 2014 through 2020?

where do you think the bombs and missles we gave the, were dropped?  russia?

Yea, thanks Doc - but that's not what he was inferring... keep deflecting.

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

True. No need to rehash all of it but we all know about Bush 43 (“I looked into Putin’s eyes and saw a man I can trust”) and Obama to Medvedev (“I’ll have more flexibility with Russia after the election”). Many politicians on both sides completely miscalculated. Trump was just the latest. My comment is more about how Romney got it right. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True. No need to rehash all of it but we all know about Bush 43 (“I looked into Putin’s eyes and saw a man I can trust”) and Obama to Medvedev (“I’ll have more flexibility with Russia after the election”). Many politicians on both sides completely miscalculated. Trump was just the latest. My comment is more about how Romney got it right. 

This is completely about Putin.

It isn't about how US presidents or scores of other leaders may have misjudged him in year's past.

The man is different now, and dealing with the 2023 Putin is a separate argument. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No one is pro-Russia.  From what orifice are you pulling this?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/21/2023 at 1:22 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Your characterization is almost as if you don't have the mental acumen to understand that Russia is worse but Ukraine is not the good guys. Hating Putin does not require me to want to fund the Ukraine war 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/21/2023 at 1:22 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Romney supports the foreign policy of the Establishment, which includes Bush, Obama and Biden…

Obama’s “famous” response was nothing more than gaslighting…He knew then that Russia was not our biggest threat, as did Romney…but he successfully used the moment to throw a cute little joke at Mitt (It’s all politics).

China had passed Russia, economically and militarily, as our biggest threat by that time…But the Military Industrial Complex has wanted to go to war with Russia for decades because they were Europe’s biggest supplier of oil, and the U.S. wanted that title…

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Romney supports the foreign policy of the Establishment, which includes Obama and Biden…

Obama’s “famous” response was nothing more than gaslighting…He knew then that Russia was not our biggest threat, as did Romney…but he successfully used the moment to throw a cute little joke at Mitt…

China had passed Russia, economically and militarily, as our biggest threat by that time…But the Military Industrial Complex has wanted to go to war with Russia for decades because they were Europe’s biggest supplier of oil, and the U.S. wanted that title…

And yet the cult pisses all over electric cars - gee, I wonder why?

idiots