DeSantis For President in 2024?

AS A WISE COMMUNITY ORGANIZER ADVISES, PUNCH BACK TWICE AS HARD: 

DeSantis team rips Andrea Mitchell’s claim he does not want slavery taught:

‘Maliciously intent on deceiving.’

https://www.foxnews.com/media/desantis-team-rips-andrea-mitchells-claim-want-slavery-taught-maliciously-intent-deceiving?intcmp=tw_fnc

Well, there are plenty of simpletons out there who will believe it.

A two second search of the Florida Department of Education’s website shows that far from being banned, teaching about slavery is a requirement.

The following is in the required instruction statute, s. 1003.42(2)(h), F.S.The history of African Americans, including:

• the history of African peoples before the political conflicts that led to the development of slavery;
  • the passage to America;
  • the enslavement experience;
  • abolition; and
  • the history and contributions of Americans of the African diaspora to society.

but, you know, politics.

.https://www.fldoe.org/academics/standards/subject-areas/social-studies/african-amer-hist.stml

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Teacher Who Perpetrated 'Empty Shelves' Hoax to Attack DeSantis Gets His Just Deserts

A viral hoax showing a supposedly cleaned-out library as a result of a new Florida law banning explicit material in schools has resulted in a teacher being fired.

Brian Covey, who was a substitute teacher for Duval County Public Schools (Jacksonville area), was told his services would no longer be needed after he posted a video making it seem as if the Mandarin Middle School library had been emptied out. When questioned about the situation at the time, Gov. Ron DeSantis denounced it as a fake narrative, noting that nothing in the law required any school to take any such action.

Apparently, the school hadn’t taken such action. Covey had instead filmed some random empty shelves in a library otherwise full of books. That was deemed to be a violation of the district’s social media policy and a harm to students by making them believe there were no books to check out.

Naturally, outlets like The Washington Post are still pushing the false narrative, even as they report on the firing and why it occurred.

If you read the article, they admit that Covey’s video was a misrepresentation. Yet, the Post, just a few words later, immediately repeats the falsehood that teachers are being forced to remove and cover books.

No, they aren’t. Rather, they are being forced to remove books with graphic sexual content such as “Gender *****,” which contains illustrated scenes of gay sex.

Ask yourself, why are these press outlets so obsessed with ensuring kids are exposed to sexual content in schools? I don’t have an answer to that, and I suspect the reasons vary, but it’s certainly a really weird and gross dynamic.

The reality is that there is no prohibition on what anyone would consider normal, acceptable reading material for children. The curation of books to exclude explicit and sexual content is not new and has long been part of school libraries. Any teachers or administrators that are rushing to clean out a library or cover up whole bookshelves are doing so simply as a political stunt.

Of course, advocacy groups are treating Covey as a victim, arguing his First Amendment rights were violated.

You do not have a First Amendment right to take video at work in order to mislead and lie about your employer (in this case, partially being the State of Florida). Social media policies for employment have long existed and have long been held up as legal by the courts. Covey wanted his moment in the spotlight, and he got it. All it cost him was his job, and deservedly so.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/02/18/teacher-who-perpetrated-empty-shelves-hoax-to-attack-desantis-gets-his-just-deserts-n705528

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-school-district-accused-secretly-counseling-child-transition-gender-parents-wrath

It is amazing how often I hear about things that aren't happening that are literal policy, not someone who is bucking the system but the literal established policy.

Well if Fox says it, it must be true! Amirite?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Florida. Bring a book the government board has not approved, and you break the law 

Where? Please be specific because this is definitely not part of the law.

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Well if Fox says it, it must be true! Amirite?

Are you disputing the facts or just being a troll? If they are wrong I want to know.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Where? Please be specific because this is definitely not part of the law.

Are you disputing the facts or just being a troll? If they are wrong I want to know.

I prefer a reputable source. It may be true. I just don't trust the link you provided, and with good reason.

Just now, Doc said:

It's no CNN or WaPo...

Did you see the text messages? Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I prefer a reputable source. It may be true. I just don't trust the link you provided, and with good reason.

Did you see the text messages? Thoughts?

In other words since the facts make you look stupid therefore you don't believe the source. If there is evidence they are wrong I will take it but you have nothing.

Edited by Orlando Tim
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

In other words since the facts make you look stupid therefore you don't believe the source. If there is evidence they are wrong I will take it but you have nothing.

Just provide a link from a reputable source maybe? Fox don't cut it no more.

23 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Just provide a link from a reputable source maybe? Fox don't cut it no more.

“Please provide me with some State approved media.” Are you even listening to yourself? Can you imagine an American typing something like that? Yikes! 

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

“Please provide me with some State approved media.” Are you even listening to yourself? Can you imagine an American typing something like that? Yikes! 

"Just give me something from a source I want to hear from."

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

Teacher Who Perpetrated 'Empty Shelves' Hoax to Attack DeSantis Gets His Just Deserts

A viral hoax showing a supposedly cleaned-out library as a result of a new Florida law banning explicit material in schools has resulted in a teacher being fired.

Brian Covey, who was a substitute teacher for Duval County Public Schools (Jacksonville area), was told his services would no longer be needed after he posted a video making it seem as if the Mandarin Middle School library had been emptied out. When questioned about the situation at the time, Gov. Ron DeSantis denounced it as a fake narrative, noting that nothing in the law required any school to take any such action.

Apparently, the school hadn’t taken such action. Covey had instead filmed some random empty shelves in a library otherwise full of books. That was deemed to be a violation of the district’s social media policy and a harm to students by making them believe there were no books to check out.

Naturally, outlets like The Washington Post are still pushing the false narrative, even as they report on the firing and why it occurred.

If you read the article, they admit that Covey’s video was a misrepresentation. Yet, the Post, just a few words later, immediately repeats the falsehood that teachers are being forced to remove and cover books.

No, they aren’t. Rather, they are being forced to remove books with graphic sexual content such as “Gender *****,” which contains illustrated scenes of gay sex.

Ask yourself, why are these press outlets so obsessed with ensuring kids are exposed to sexual content in schools? I don’t have an answer to that, and I suspect the reasons vary, but it’s certainly a really weird and gross dynamic.

The reality is that there is no prohibition on what anyone would consider normal, acceptable reading material for children. The curation of books to exclude explicit and sexual content is not new and has long been part of school libraries. Any teachers or administrators that are rushing to clean out a library or cover up whole bookshelves are doing so simply as a political stunt.

Of course, advocacy groups are treating Covey as a victim, arguing his First Amendment rights were violated.

You do not have a First Amendment right to take video at work in order to mislead and lie about your employer (in this case, partially being the State of Florida). Social media policies for employment have long existed and have long been held up as legal by the courts. Covey wanted his moment in the spotlight, and he got it. All it cost him was his job, and deservedly so.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/02/18/teacher-who-perpetrated-empty-shelves-hoax-to-attack-desantis-gets-his-just-deserts-n705528

Books must be approved by DeSantis regime 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Saw this earlier on TV.  Which is better, changing what's in the books or removing them?

Changing them is orders of magnitude more pernicious and underhanded. Happens constantly with little fanfare, the Dahl books just happen to be published in mass market constantly, which makes people notice when changes occur. English teachers needing new copies find that their students the next year have different notes. That sort of thing. 

4 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

AP

BBC

C-SPAN

Economist

NPR (oh, no!)

Reuters

More than a few, but that should get you started, big guy!

https://apnews.com/article/business-california-gender-identity-cdb790cc3059e71e22d86b8e7b445361

Took 30 seconds to find the AP version, which agreed with Fox version, proving my point about you was correct.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LeviF said:

The short haired ugly librarians that encourage you to read “banned books” such as To Kill a Mockingbird and The Handmaid’s Tale every year likely fully endorse this:

This is insane stupid enraging bull#### 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LeviF said:

Changing them is orders of magnitude more pernicious and underhanded. Happens constantly with little fanfare, the Dahl books just happen to be published in mass market constantly, which makes people notice when changes occur. English teachers needing new copies find that their students the next year have different notes. That sort of thing. 

I hope one day the history books are rewritten so that our ancestors were clothed in strictly vegan outerwear.  I’m not saying put them in wicking fabrics or Nikes, that’s a bridge too far, but those animal pelts were savage.  

Chicago:  What’s truly notable isn’t DeSantis’s visit. It’s the terrified reaction to it. 

It’s almost as if a serial killer was coming to town.

DeSantis should carefully note the hysteria by Democrats.

It should serve him well when his campaign for president begins in earnest.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/02/18/desantis-the-destroyer-blows-up-chicagos-mayoral-race-n1671809

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

This is insane stupid enraging bull#### 

What is?  The changing of Dahl's books or the outrage over the outrage to it?

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

All of this back and forth about library books and yet I really doubt that anyone’s taken an actual book out of any of these school libraries in years…maybe decades.

Yeah but they have the option.  It's like "free range" chickens.  The coops have a door that the chickens have the option to use (but never do).

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

What is?  The changing of Dahl's books or the outrage over the outrage to it?

Yeah but they have the option.  It's like "free range" chickens.  The coops have a door that the chickens have the option to use (but never do).

The changing of the books. What a stupid, pointless move. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

https://apnews.com/article/business-california-gender-identity-cdb790cc3059e71e22d86b8e7b445361

Took 30 seconds to find the AP version, which agreed with Fox version, proving my point about you was correct.

So post a link from AP next time.

Fox News, an organization which has been proven to intentionally deceive its viewers, is no longer a legitimate news source, if it ever was. 

• Like (+1) 1

Back to the Desantis thread.

Reminder:

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

Fox News, an organization which has been proven to intentionally deceive its viewers, is no longer a legitimate news source, if it ever was. 

So the Fox article was correct.

Sad you can't acknowledge that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

If I see something that seems out of left field on CNN I check it against others but I don't dismiss it simply because it is CNN, that would make me stupid, sometimes they are the only ones who will look at a story, often because no one else cares.

• Like (+1) 1