Texas (again)

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Biden continues to screw the pooch on vaccinations. What a mess.  

No the fools who won't take the vaccination are playing Russian roulette with their life , this is all on them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Are you willing to denounce this CNN tweet as misinformation in order to continue your narrative?

This makes me want to tell people to not get vaccinated

Absolutely incredible but predictable that they are pushing indefinite government powers and control

On 6/15/2021 at 7:19 PM, BillStime said:

State is so large and messed up it needs its own thread.

Totally unlike California now there's a bunch of politicians on the cutting edge of optimal use of the brain that god gave them ! 

A state that is near the ocean and those politicians don't have brains enough to build a desalinization plant to get the water they need for the farm land but shut the water in the canals because of a little fish that could become extinct while the farmers suffer and causes prices on their products to soar

But they continues to charge ungodly property taxes that the people can't even afford to keep their homes so the people continue to leave the state because of high taxes but Nancy makes other excuses for that .

Then the fact that they hand out hypodermic needles to the poor distraught junkies so they can shoot up with clean needles add the new law that Gov. Newsmen just passed to put Transgender male inmates that are in prison for things like sexual assault & rape in the female population because they are "Transgender" but then to curb pregnancy after the assaults he hands out condoms & the day after pills to the female inmates so after they get assaulted by the new inmates they don't have to worry about getting pregnant.

Thank god Pelosi, Newsmen, Waters and the rest of the counties top politicians out there have such a strong common sense understanding & grasp on what the people really need to keep the state a place where people want to come and live unlike Texas .

They rate right up there with the politicians in NY !! 

8 minutes ago, T master said:

Totally unlike California now there's a bunch of politicians on the cutting edge of optimal use of the brain that god gave them ! 

A state that is near the ocean and those politicians don't have brains enough to build a desalinization plant to get the water they need for the farm land but shut the water in the canals because of a little fish that could become extinct while the farmers suffer and causes prices on their products to soar

But they continues to charge ungodly property taxes that the people can't even afford to keep their homes so the people continue to leave the state because of high taxes but Nancy makes other excuses for that .

Then the fact that they hand out hypodermic needles to the poor distraught junkies so they can shoot up with clean needles add the new law that Gov. Newsmen just passed to put Transgender male inmates that are in prison for things like sexual assault & rape in the female population because they are "Transgender" but then to curb pregnancy after the assaults he hands out condoms & the day after pills to the female inmates so after they get assaulted by the new inmates they don't have to worry about getting pregnant.

Thank god Pelosi, Newsmen, Waters and the rest of the counties top politicians out there have such a strong common sense understanding & grasp on what the people really need to keep the state a place where people want to come and live unlike Texas .

They rate right up there with the politicians in NY !! 

Texas sucks 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Texas sucks 

Surprise !! Bills time once again uses his mental dominance to again come up with a truly thoroughly thought through reply !! 

But Cali. is at the fore front of political common sense that's all about We the people ...

56 minutes ago, T master said:

Surprise !! Bills time once again uses his mental dominance to again come up with a truly thoroughly thought through reply !! 

But Cali. is at the fore front of political common sense that's all about We the people ...

Texas will suck when it turns completely blue, too.

After over a year and a half here are the Deaths per Million: (rounded for simplicity)

Texas and Florida: 1,800  

California: 1,600 

New York: 2,800

Illinois and Pennsylvania: over 2,000

Those are the largest States in the union and there’s no correlation between the variable of Red and Blue. This is a stupid virus! Not a political disease. 

13 hours ago, ALF said:

No the fools who won't take the vaccination are playing Russian roulette with their life , this is all on them.

If we had a real leader in the White House, he/she could lead the unvaccinated to get vaccinated.  Unfortunately we have a demented President and a brain dead token Vice President.  What a mess.  

• Agree 1

We need actual leadership in the White House.  We don’t have that.  We have Demented Joe who only cares about following what he is told by the Squad and DNC.   What a mess.  

On 7/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, ALF said:

So you think my 16 year old son and all of the healthy 25 year olds are " playing Russian roulette"? If one of my students tried to tell me that a 1 in 6 chance was equal to a 1 in a million chance I might just fail them for that stupidity.

Two House Democrats who broke quorum missing from Washington, D.C., reportedly vacationing in Portugal

Their vacation does not affect the lack of quorum that the House has in Austin to pass the elections bill. But it is at odds with Democrats’ insistence that they would use their time away to advocate for federal voting rights legislation in the nation’s capital.

Julie%20Johnson%20and%20Jessica%20Gonzal

The Texas House Democratic Caucus could not account Tuesday for two of the members who broke quorum and fled for Washington, D.C. over Republicans' priority elections bill, while a Texas Monthly reporter said the members were on vacation in Portugal.

State Reps. Julie Johnson of Farmers Branch and Jessica González of Dallas were not with other House Democrats on Tuesday in the nation's capital, according to a person familiar with the situation. On Tuesday evening, Texas Monthly reporter Jonathan Tilove tweeted that he "can confirm [Johnson] and her wife & [González] and her fiancé are in Portugal for a vacation they had been planning, with non-refundable tickets, for a year-and-a-half."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/03/texas-democrats-washington-portugal/?utm_campaign=trib-social-buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

:w00t:

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Two House Democrats who broke quorum missing from Washington, D.C., reportedly vacationing in Portugal

Their vacation does not affect the lack of quorum that the House has in Austin to pass the elections bill. But it is at odds with Democrats’ insistence that they would use their time away to advocate for federal voting rights legislation in the nation’s capital.

The Texas House Democratic Caucus could not account Tuesday for two of the members who broke quorum and fled for Washington, D.C. over Republicans' priority elections bill, while a Texas Monthly reporter said the members were on vacation in Portugal.

State Reps. Julie Johnson of Farmers Branch and Jessica González of Dallas were not with other House Democrats on Tuesday in the nation's capital, according to a person familiar with the situation. On Tuesday evening, Texas Monthly reporter Jonathan Tilove tweeted that he "can confirm [Johnson] and her wife & [González] and her fiancé are in Portugal for a vacation they had been planning, with non-refundable tickets, for a year-and-a-half."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/03/texas-democrats-washington-portugal/?utm_campaign=trib-social-buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Hypocrites 

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Wait they're still in DC.  Who's paying for all this?  

47 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

How long can they hold out before a vote can be forced? This whole thing is so childish, and sets a dangerous precedent...

I don’t know. It’s actual written rules. They’re using the rules to do it what they’re doing.

let’s compare that to say the Supreme Court. Republicans block a vote on a Dem Supreme Court justice just because. I can’t explain how hypocritical it is so I’ll let Republican Lindsey Graham:

“I want you to use my words against me. If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,' " he said in 2016 shortly after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. "And you could use my words against me and you'd be absolutely right."

Then yea we know the history.

Dems are Bill Belichick here while Republicans are Buddy Nix-ing it changing stories and making things up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Texas State Rep. Ron Reynolds has the distinction of being the first of the Texas fleebaggers to be arrested in Washington, D.C. He was arrested yesterday along with U.S. Rep. Al Green from Houston. They were so desperate for attention that they were singing and blocking traffic in the middle of a street. Though warned three times by Capitol Police, they refused to move and were arrested.

Reynolds represents Missouri City, Texas, a city in the Houston metroplex. The two Houston area Democrats were participating in a rally organized by the National Clergy United for Justice. Old school race-baiters Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton also participated. Luci Baines Johnson (daughter of former President Lyndon B. Johnson), several pastors, and the NAACP joined the rally, too. Green says the group of protesters was praying in front of the Supreme Court before moving into the street.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2021/08/04/first-texas-fleebagger-arrested-two-others-flew-to-portugal-for-vacations-n406613

Greg Abbott Puts the Kibosh on the Texas Democrats' Victory Lap

FTA:

On the merits alone (much less the strategy), the tweet was abject lunacy. Nothing about Texas’ voter integrity law is “the most partisan” anti-voter legislation in the nation. All it does is return things to a pre-pandemic level, including stopping things like 24-hour voting and different types of ballot harvesting mostly happening in Harris County.

But as I wrote at the time, Wu was obviously celebrating on the 10-yard line, and Gov. Greg Abbott just intercepted the pass and ran it back.

This is exactly what I predicted he’d do, but to be fair, I’m sure just about everyone else not named Wu knew it was going to happen as well. That’s what made the premature victory declaration such a head-scratching moment. Abbott was never going to just let this go after one session, and it appears he’s not going to let it go until the Texas Democrats fully capitulate. The promise to keep calling special session after special session has to be a gut punch for the fugitives.

As I wrote at the beginning of this, they engaged in a game of chicken they can’t win. What was the plan here? I can’t imagine they actually thought Abbott would just fold when it costs him nothing to keep the House in session. Are they really prepared to sit in Washington for another year? I just don’t see that happening.

So what happens now?

The Texas Democrats have two choices: 1) They can come home, make Abbott arrest them for the cameras, and claim that they were victorious for holding out for a month, or 2) they can continue to abandon their families and lives back in Texas in hopes of stalling the election reform bill until the 2022 election.

I’m going with the first option as being the most probable, and I think that’s what Wu was trying to set up when he claimed victory on Twitter three days ago. This has all been one big publicity stunt with no hope of success, and the final act of the performance will be to claim their trip to Washington was a win because they raised awareness about voting rights or something.

Regardless, good on Abbott for playing hardball here. There are a lot of Republican governors (cough Asa Hutchinson cough) who would have never pushed for an arrest warrant or called multiple special sessions to force these Democrats to do the job they are legally bound to do.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/08/05/greg-abbott-puts-the-kibosh-on-the-texas-democrats-victory-lap-n422002

Good Lord, sometimes I wish I were a liberal. It must be nice to not need logic at all in your statements.

22 runaway Texas House Democrats file lawsuit alleging ‘anxiety and distress over the separation from their families’

00001-3-2.jpg

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/07/22-runaway-texas-house-democrats-file-lawsuit-alleging-anxiety-and-distress-over-the-separation-from-their-families

But.........it's your own actions...............no never mind , I can't even think about it anymore.

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Good Lord, sometimes I wish I were a liberal. It must be nice to not need logic at all in your statements.

22 runaway Texas House Democrats file lawsuit alleging ‘anxiety and distress over the separation from their families’

00001-3-2.jpg

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/07/22-runaway-texas-house-democrats-file-lawsuit-alleging-anxiety-and-distress-over-the-separation-from-their-families

But.........it's your own actions...............no never mind , I can't even think about it anymore.

Let’s see how anyone in the private sector would be treated for going AWOL as long as they have. Spoiled ***** brats. 

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

00001-3-2.jpg

That's gotta be lifted from the Babylon Bee.  If not...

On 8/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, B-Man said:

Greg Abbott Puts the Kibosh on the Texas Democrats' Victory Lap

FTA:

On the merits alone (much less the strategy), the tweet was abject lunacy. Nothing about Texas’ voter integrity law is “the most partisan” anti-voter legislation in the nation. All it does is return things to a pre-pandemic level, including stopping things like 24-hour voting and different types of ballot harvesting mostly happening in Harris County.

But as I wrote at the time, Wu was obviously celebrating on the 10-yard line, and Gov. Greg Abbott just intercepted the pass and ran it back.

This is exactly what I predicted he’d do, but to be fair, I’m sure just about everyone else not named Wu knew it was going to happen as well. That’s what made the premature victory declaration such a head-scratching moment. Abbott was never going to just let this go after one session, and it appears he’s not going to let it go until the Texas Democrats fully capitulate. The promise to keep calling special session after special session has to be a gut punch for the fugitives.

As I wrote at the beginning of this, they engaged in a game of chicken they can’t win. What was the plan here? I can’t imagine they actually thought Abbott would just fold when it costs him nothing to keep the House in session. Are they really prepared to sit in Washington for another year? I just don’t see that happening.

So what happens now?

The Texas Democrats have two choices: 1) They can come home, make Abbott arrest them for the cameras, and claim that they were victorious for holding out for a month, or 2) they can continue to abandon their families and lives back in Texas in hopes of stalling the election reform bill until the 2022 election.

I’m going with the first option as being the most probable, and I think that’s what Wu was trying to set up when he claimed victory on Twitter three days ago. This has all been one big publicity stunt with no hope of success, and the final act of the performance will be to claim their trip to Washington was a win because they raised awareness about voting rights or something.

Regardless, good on Abbott for playing hardball here. There are a lot of Republican governors (cough Asa Hutchinson cough) who would have never pushed for an arrest warrant or called multiple special sessions to force these Democrats to do the job they are legally bound to do.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/08/05/greg-abbott-puts-the-kibosh-on-the-texas-democrats-victory-lap-n422002

Looks like option 3) file a laughable and childish lawsuit.  Congrats to them!

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The real fundamental question that needs to be asked is why did they go to Washington DC? The Texas legislature has no standing there? Just DRIVE to Oklahoma…it’s closer, and cheaper. 

No one has yet accused them of good logic. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Let’s see how anyone in the private sector would be treated for going AWOL as long as they have. Spoiled ***** brats. 

For a political party that has recently made a habit of ignoring the law when its convenient while also doing an about face and insisting others be held accountable for their "crimes" when it serves their needs, this is slightly more than comical as they attempt to litigate this absurdity. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tests positive for Covid-19

Abbott, a Republican, is fully vaccinated against the virus, his office said in a statement, adding that he is tested daily and this is his first positive result.

He is currently isolated in the governor's mansion and is receiving Regeneron's monoclonal antibody treatment, the statement said. Abbott is in good health and not currently experiencing any symptoms

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/politics/texas-governor-greg-abbott-covid-19/index.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/7/2021 at 7:21 PM, Chef Jim said:

Or they might be acting in accordance with the will of their constituents.  Either one.  In the meantime, this is why you're Chef Jim Crow.  Enjoy your day.  Or not.  Either way is fine with me, 

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Or they might be acting in accordance with the will of their constituents.  Either one.  In the meantime, this is why you're Chef Jim Crow.  Enjoy your day.  Or not.  Either way is fine with me, 

For the reason they fled, in a procedural move to block legislation from passing, it appears the Governor is intent on arresting them when they return.  

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I see.  So running from their responsibilities, not fighting for what they believe in is what their constituents want?  Well now ain’t that a shame.  How would your clients feel if you said “I don’t agree with this so instead of fight for you I’ll cut and run”?   You’d be out of business real quick.  I want leadership that will fight for what they believe in.  You can have children. 

Why does this not surprise me coming from you.