Texas (again)

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

Whoa - you are off script.  Love it 

No you just don't know what we're talking about and what our concerns are.  But this is not at all surprising. 

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

Do you keep your thermostat set at 78 too? 

When I'm in my home in the desert I keep it at 85.  What's your point? 

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Its a pleasant 72 in my house.  Has been all week.  Not sure what you're talking about.  

Join the club. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

What does this have to do with politics?  

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have been to Patterson, Camden, and Newark and if you think they have anything good vs where I live on Florida you are nuts. And we have already had this discussion the only ranking that NJ beats FL educationally is in spending, as far as performance FL wins.

You lose again.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/public-school-rankings-by-state

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As I said if spending more money is a good thing, as this study believes, FL will be hurt by it. The study mentions in the writeup how much they pay per teacher. 

If you’re in your 20’s and wanna dick around in Florida for a few years, that’s perfectly fine, but have a plan and exit strategy.

if you’re in your 30’s and just moved your family to Florida, you just made a terrible mistake unless you’re coming from an equally wretched place like Ohio, Missouri, etc.

We got really lucky and escaped the South in our 40’s and it’s totally different in NJ now. It’s a real pleasure to live here. Quality of life is amazing.

Edited by Governor

15 minutes ago, Governor said:

If you’re in your 20’s and wanna dick around in Florida for a few years, that’s perfectly fine, but have a plan and exit strategy.

if you’re in your 30’s and just moved your family to Florida, you just made a terrible mistake unless you’re coming from an equally wretched place like Ohio, Missouri, etc.

Explain how someone in their 30's made a mistake by moving their family to FL.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:02 PM, Chef Jim said:

They’re just now catching up to what California has been going through for years.  So let me ask you @BillStime what makes this different that what’s been happening here for a long time?

It's funny, because a-holes like Dan Patrick, Greg Abbott and (especially) Ted Cruz  have sustained their relevance with conservatives here, with a steady diet of "look what a mess California is, with their rolling blackouts".  Yet they can't handle their own issues. It would be funnier to me, if I didn't live in Texas.

56 minutes ago, Buftex said:

It's funny, because a-holes like Dan Patrick, Greg Abbott and (especially) Ted Cruz  have sustained their relevance with conservatives here, with a steady diet of "look what a mess California is, with their rolling blackouts".  Yet they can't handle their own issues. It would be funnier to me, if I didn't live in Texas.

And what's even funnier are a-hole liberals pointing a finger at Texas as if rolling blackouts are something new and unique to Republican lead TX when we've had them in CA for years.  Thanks for pointing out the massive hypocrisy.  👍

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And what's even funnier are a-hole liberals pointing a finger at Texas as if rolling blackouts are something new and unique to Republican lead TX when we've had them in CA for years.  Thanks for pointing out the massive hypocrisy.  👍

Of course they are not new and unique. Cruz and company have been making it seem like rolling blackouts in California are the result of some political failing of the "evil Democrat paradise of California".  You don't see the irony in that?  I wouldn't expect you to...you just like to argue and flex. I get it.

46 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The difference is that Texas is trying to fix their power issues, while California's blackouts are by design.

12 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Of course they are not new and unique. Cruz and company have been making it seem like rolling blackouts in California are the result of some political failing of the "evil Democrat paradise of California".  You don't see the irony in that?  I wouldn't expect you to...you just like to argue and flex. I get it.

The rolling blackout are because of political failing here in CA.  It's the years of hand wringing that have accomplished nothing.  We have a major budget surplus and Newsom wants to use that to "bribe" people to not recall him.  You use the word irony.  I use the word hypocrisy.  While Cruz may be ironic most on the left are being hypocrites.  

Energy problems are why Gray Davis was recalled nearly 20 years ago.  20 ***** years and we still have our issues.  Who do you blame for that? 

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

Is this power problem recent or has it been a perpetual chronic issue ? 

any merit to the idea the feb issue damaged capacity? 

3 hours ago, Governor said:

We got really lucky and escaped the South in our 40’s and it’s totally different in NJ now. It’s a real pleasure to live here. Quality of life is amazing.

You must not be anywhere near Newark, Atlantic city, Trenton, Camden… jersey continues to be the arm pit of America, but I’m sure there are a handful of nice areas. 

the unemployment and median house prices in some of these jersey cities is third world stuff 

https://moneyinc.com/worst-places-live-new-jersey/

Driving through jersey several times a year, Newark is the sketchiest place going 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

The rolling blackout are because of political failing here in CA.  It's the years of hand wringing that have accomplished nothing.  We have a major budget surplus and Newsom wants to use that to "bribe" people to not recall him.  You use the word irony.  I use the word hypocrisy.  While Cruz may be ironic most on the left are being hypocrites.  

Energy problems are why Gray Davis was recalled nearly 20 years ago.  20 ***** years and we still have our issues.  Who do you blame for that? 

Bankers?  The POlice? 

Tom Brady—he’s from Cali, it’s gotta be him. 

Final answer-Tom Brady. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You must not be anywhere near Newark, Atlantic city, Trenton, Camden… jersey continues to be the arm pit of America, but I’m sure there are a handful of nice areas. 

the unemployment and median house prices in some of these jersey cities is third world stuff 

https://moneyinc.com/worst-places-live-new-jersey/

Driving through jersey several times a year, Newark is the sketchiest place going 

I have always enjoyed NJ, worked there for a bit and we have a family house at the shore. I have more than a few friends from there—awesome people.    I think for people and places, it’s like Buffalo—easy to trash, but that sort of thing seems kinda mean to me. 

I haven’t been to Newark in a long time, and I am certain there are issues there, but just about every state has places that have fallen on hard times or abandoned.  

20 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is this power problem recent or has it been a perpetual chronic issue ? 

any merit to the idea the feb issue damaged capacity? 

It has been an issue for some time now...and has been coming more frequently.  The area I live has had 3 power outages since the big one in February. None lasted an entire day, but went as long as 12 hours.

In 2011 there was a massive power outage too, where 3.2 million lost power.  The feds did a review that year, and warned that we were headed for more frequent power outages, and needed to upgrade.  The recommendations were not followed, to any degree.  Abbott's whole schtick (as well as Rick Perry before him), is suing the Federal Government... they don't want or need the federal governments suggestions, thank you

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Bankers?  The POlice? 

Tom Brady—he’s from Cali, it’s gotta be him. 

Final answer-Tom Brady. 

I have always enjoyed NJ, worked there for a bit and we have a family house at the shore. I have more than a few friends from there—awesome people.    I think for people and places, it’s like Buffalo—easy to trash, but that sort of thing seems kinda mean to me. 

I haven’t been to Newark in a long time, and I am certain there are issues there, but just about every state has places that have fallen on hard times or abandoned.  

My most recent experience In or around Newark was notable,  holidays 2019 just off of 95.  Literally hundreds of feet across a river from the most valuable real estate in the country. Stopped for gas and decided to grab some wine to have a nightcap after I get back to hime In Maryland… 

Went into a wine store right off of the main drag, the whole store was behind plexiglass with a bank teller window all customers in a small vestibule. Someone twitching on the floor pissing themselves and the others in line seemed to wasted or indifferent to notice. Guy banging on the window asking for a price on some thing he wanted saying  ima kill you… I just got back in the car and drive home…good times.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

7 hours ago, Governor said:

I had a job where I traveled the country and spent at least a month in more than dozen states working. NJ, outside of the Cherry hill area maybe, is not great and not even Cheryl Hill has anything over my town except Wegmans. My area has had to open 3 new high schools in the past 5 years because so many northerners are coming to live here, along with foreign nationals. Your argument is for a state that is losing people to my state, so keep believing what you want but there is a reason my town has exploded in population while yours doesn't grow.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I had a job where I traveled the country and spent at least a month in more than dozen states working. NJ, outside of the Cherry hill area maybe, is not great and not even Cheryl Hill has anything over my town except Wegmans. My area has had to open 3 new high schools in the past 5 years because so many northerners are coming to live here, along with foreign nationals. Your argument is for a state that is losing people to my state, so keep believing what you want but there is a reason my town has exploded in population while yours doesn't grow.

My county has stayed the same population over the last 10 years. 500k people. That’s 200k too much for me. Why would you want to live somewhere that’s overpopulated and has no industry/jobs?

The “leaving NJ in droves” narrative is a decade old. If people are still leaving, it’s the red counties in South Jersey and that’s wonderful if true. I would love to believe that all of “those people” are leaving but I’m a bit skeptical. There’s no shortage of hicks in South Jersey and parts of NW Jersey. There’s still confederate flags and active Klan about 30 minutes west of me. You should tell them that Florida is a “libertarian utopia” and they should come down right away.

You cant find houses to buy anywhere in this area. It’s still overpopulated. 

People coming down to you are people that couldn’t make it up here. As someone once famously said…..”They aren’t sending their best.”

Edited by Governor

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

My most recent experience In or around Newark was notable,  holidays 2019 just off of 95.  Literally hundreds of feet across a river from the most valuable real estate in the country. Stopped for gas and decided to grab some wine to have a nightcap after I get back to hime In Maryland… 

Went into a wine store right off of the main drag, the whole store was behind plexiglass with a bank teller window all customers in a small vestibule. Someone twitching on the floor pissing themselves and the others in line seemed to wasted or indifferent to notice. Guy banging on the window asking for a price on some thing he wanted saying  ima kill you… I just got back in the car and drive home…good times.  

I can take the train from Madison NJ to Newark and hop on the other train to Hoboken or NYC but I would have absolutely no reason to drive or visit Newark. That’s where you go to buy drugs.

if you think that NJ looks mostly like Newark and Camden, then you’ve really never been here.

45 minutes ago, Governor said:

I can take the train from Madison NJ to Newark and hop on the other train to Hoboken or NYC but I would have absolutely no reason to drive or visit Newark. That’s where you go to buy drugs.

if you think that NJ looks mostly like Newark and Camden, then you’ve really never been here.

Phew- I’ve seen enough. One end sponges  off of nyc the other off of philly and a lot of third world country in between. I guess there are a couple companies in mahwah that contribute to the world. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Phew- I’ve seen enough. One end sponges  off of nyc the other off of philly and a lot of third world country in between. I guess there are a couple companies in mahwah that contribute to the world. 

Since everyone left in droves, it’s now the #1 state to live in. Our mission is complete. Send everyone to Florida and build a wall so they can’t get out.

My brother said years ago…..nothing good happens/happened south of the mason/Dixon line and that’s never been more true than it is today.

Edited by Governor

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Since everyone left in droves, it’s now the #1 state to live in. Our mission is complete. Send everyone to Florida and build a wall so they can’t get out.

Lol- most of the people fleeing blue states work and earn. If all that’s left is a bunch of government payrolls like you, it’s going to be a wake up call that all the money is gone, gone gone… one big Trenton Atlantic City with 25% unemployment. Sad

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lol- most of the people fleeing blue states work and earn. If all that’s left is a bunch of government payrolls like you, it’s going to be a wake up call that all the money is gone, gone gone… one big Trenton Atlantic City with 25% unemployment. Sad

To have the Civil War that the Cult wants, they have to go down there or it won’t really work. That’s why we moved back. I’m not getting caught on the wrong side of history. I’ll chill up here where it’s safe, and they can leave and finally be free. We’ll liberate them like we did in Iraq.

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

To have the Civil War that the Cult wants, they have to go down there or it won’t really work. That’s why we moved back. I’m not getting caught on the wrong side of history. I’ll chill up here where it’s safe, and they can leave and finally be free. We’ll liberate them like we did in Iraq.

I know- you’re all in on the Marxist revolution… jersey is probably the right place for that. Can’t think of a state in the union more dependent on any other state but itself. Suits you well. 

btw your welcome for all those taxes I paid to you gov😉 

someday we’re going to stop wanting to support you 

Just not getting our money’s worth. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know- you’re all in on the Marxist revolution… jersey is probably the right place for that. Can’t think of a state in the union more dependent on any other state but itself. Suits you well. 

btw your welcome for all those taxes I paid to you gov😉 

someday we’re going to stop wanting to support you 

Just not getting our money’s worth. 

Are you a Confederate?

We pay for the other states to survive. NJ and California.

Edited by Governor

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

saw the edit…  Jersey lol-almost all income tax revenue produced in other states… 

it’s like a Connecticut but worse. 

I will say this about NJ. It’s very segregated. I guess that’s just how it was built/designed years ago. That’s why most people that live here aren’t familiar with Newark or Camden.

South Jersey is pretty lame. I was born there. Atlantic City is a dump. No one goes there. I’m not really familiar with Trenton. I haven’t been there in 35 years. 

None of those areas are anything like where I live. Basically, where I live is where all the New Yorkers go on the weekends to get out of the city. I’m surrounded by nice parks and waterfalls and mountains. 

Edited by Governor

• 1 month later...

We have a Winner   Loser !

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

I can't believe that none of the "usual suspects" here haven't remarked on the HuffPo's (latest) lie today about the Texas senate saying the KKK was't morally wrong.

It is bullsh*t of course, but enough lemmings bought it to start it trending on twitter.

I won't link to it, it is trash.

But I am sure that you can find it.

Not really a surprise (of course) when I posted this 4 hours ago, my money on the one most likely to slurp this down was BillZy.

😎

ADDED:

is  any perceptive person here surprised at this fake story ?

Texas Democrats being pounded every day by the media (surprise)

and all of a sudden we get this finely spun nonsense about a Texas senate bill, that twists and turns the truth on its head

What a coincidence ?

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I did nazi that coming

Please point out where in TX SB3 does it state any of the things you say.

Ahh yes. Another Bill Billy Bill Bill has not read folks.   

At least he's a consistent stooge.  

• Agree 1

Here are the three tweets that BillZtime has provided for this fake story.

They all are democrat activists and are using the same false Huffpo narrative.

Jon Cooper@joncoopertweets

Formerly National Finance Chair of Draft Biden 2016; Long Island Campaign Chair for@BarackObama; Majority Leader of Suffolk County Legislature, NY.

Jarvis Johnson@jarvisjohnsont

Democrat State Representative for District 139

Sawyer Hackett@SawyerHackett

Executive Director of@JulianCastro’s People First Future.

This may convince the lemmings, but no one else.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Here are the three tweets that BillZtime has provided for this fake story.

They all are democrat activists and are using the same false Huffpo narrative.

Jon Cooper@joncoopertweets

Formerly National Finance Chair of Draft Biden 2016; Long Island Campaign Chair for@BarackObama; Majority Leader of Suffolk County Legislature, NY.

Jarvis Johnson@jarvisjohnsont

Democrat State Representative for District 139

Sawyer Hackett@SawyerHackett

Executive Director of@JulianCastro’s People First Future.

This may convince the lemmings, but no one else.

And here is someone with any credibility:

image.thumb.jpeg.da9afab9e6e02ca64f64c6e0d89af742.jpeg