2021 NFL Draft Round 2 talk - Official thread

3 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

Don’t really know what they’re doing but I’ll keep the faith. 

They now have three young DEs who can also move inside to rush on passing downs.  Maybe not early this year, but eventually I think we’ll see Epenesa, Rousseau, Oliver and Basham in on obvious passing downs and they won’t give up much run stopping ability in that alignment.

• Like (+1) 1

Okay an end of round 2 board update - top 10 BPA:

1. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina

2. Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas

3. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

4. Ronnie Perkins, DE, Oklahoma

5. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU

6. Wyatt Davis*, OG, Ohio State

7. Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan

8. Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State

9. Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina

10. Jay Tufele, DT, USC

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Our DEs are bigger than our DTs.  I’m so confused.  After grabbing a guy like Rousseau, I would’ve much rather drafted Ossai in this spot if he wanted to go pass rusher 

Two towers on the ends and Edmunds in the Middle?

Just now, NewEra said:

Our DEs are bigger than our DTs.  I’m so confused.  After grabbing a guy like Rousseau, I would’ve much rather drafted Ossai in this spot if he wanted to go pass rusher 

Hopefully we can get bigger DTs too, we got run over many times last year

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Basham's upside is huge. He's got the ability and the potential. I think he has an opportunity to become a monster under McD's system. This is the exact kind of player he wants to be able to mold and step up to the next level. Worth the risk.

I agree and I no everyone wants to win the super bowl next year. But Allen is young and we need help bad at DE for the future I like it. There’s going to be a lot of bills and KC games in the future we’ve got to be able to get after Mahomes 

• Like (+1) 1

2020 NFL GM of the Year and widely regarded as one of the top front offices in all of sports. A team that some pundits have stated would be a shock to miss the playoffs in 2021 (in the AFC). 

...let's not trust the professionals though. 

"I read Walter Football's 2021 draft primer, listened to 3 NFL draft podcast episodes and watched 20 college games this year with my amateur eyes...and the Bills are horrible at drafting."

Ugh. Smh. Can't some of you just enjoy this without being so overly critical? The results of this draft won't be known for years. We picked 30th, not 3rd. Smile a little. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Friggin KC loaded up on the line, something we need to start doing

Yeah, I would’ve rather had creed there.  Wyatt Davis.  Meinerz.  Oh man....

Rousseau.  

Boogie

Jerry

Minusson

Epenesa

Obada

Bam

so strange .

Just now, H2o said:

Epenesa flashed enough last year given his opportunities. They had him drop like 20lbs in the off-season as well. They just took him in the 2nd last year. He's not going anywhere. The others are on notice though. Addison, Obada, Johnson. 

I definitely do not agree with "flashed enough." 14 tackles on the year is not "flashing enough." Being unable to supplant the rest of our geriatric DE's not "flashing enough."

AJ's rookie year was a big ol disappointment. Beane knows this. He just drafted two DE's with his first two picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay an end of round 2 board update - top 10 BPA:

1. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina

2. Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas

3. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

4. Ronnie Perkins, DE, Oklahoma

5. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU

6. Wyatt Davis*, OG, Ohio State

7. Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan

8. Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State

9. Michael Carter, RB, North We should all hope that Michael Carter is available at the next pick. Also known as, we have no chanceCarolina

10. Jay Tufele, DT, USC

We should all hope that Michael Carter is available at the next pick. Also known as, we have no chance

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

below?   he is not elite. 

There was no elite edge rushers in this draft.  He is above average.  Ranked 6th at his position with a second round grade. 

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Dude, I am pumped right now. We got Rousseau, we got Boogie, we got Epenesa. I am so happy with this draft right now.

Yeah, this draft so far says Beane is building for long-term success.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1