Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

On 8/16/2023 at 10:57 AM, B-Man said:

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/schumer-house-and-senate-will-pass-short-term-funding-bill-september-avoid

Schumer: Congress will pass short-term funding bill in September to avoid shutdown

Just the News ^ | 8/15/23 | Nicholas Ballasy

McCarthy floats stopgap funding to prevent a government shutdown at the end of next month (same old stupid game)
Associated Press ^ | 8/16/23 | STEPHEN GROVES and LISA MASCARO

This has been the game since 2007.

1. Dither/do nothing/pass no bills until September 30th

2. Yell and scream about the government shutting down

3. Pass a "stopgap" bill taking government spending to November

4. Pretend to still be arguing in November, pass a "stopgap" bill taking spending to mid-December

5. Use pressure of Christmas recess to get another "stopgap" bill to the following March.

6. And the process starts all over again

The Senate could have been passing bills so conference committees could battle out the differences. But the Senate intentionally DOESN'T pass any bills so the above process can happen year after year.

And both McConnell and Schumer want it that way. They don't want the House to control spending levels (as is their Constitutional power). And the Republican Speakers (Boehner, Ryan and McCarthy) go along with it EVERY time.

And here we go. . . . . . .

Tell us you don't really know what your constituents want without telling us you don't really know what your constituents want.

John, dude.  C'mon.

Nice ratio Senator. Maybe you should listen for once.

People are fed up. Not just with government,

but with incumbent representatives who helped create the problem through passage of massive spending packages.

Members of Congress who are beholden to defense contractors, endless wars and Big Pharma rather than their actual constituents.

Members of Congress who enable a corrupt regime and do nothing as they witness the erosion of our Judicial System

and unrelenting attacks on our Constitution.

Our National Debt is a ticking time bomb.

Interest payments are now the federal government's fastest growing "federal program."

The federal deficit is about to double in size. Double.

And what do we have to show for this out of control spending?

Our major cities are unrecognizable hellholes.

Inflation is a cancer, eroding the quality of life for lower and middle class segments of our country.

Yet virtually no one in Washington is calling for a smaller federal government or material budget cuts.

Nor is there any accountability for the incredible amounts of waste.

The federal government should be a small fraction of its current size.

You know this - but for personal reasons you vote for the opposite.

If the federal government was a corporation, you all would have been fired long ago.

Instead, you're protected by incumbency.

Insulated from those you claim to represent.

Our federal government is the wasteful, corrupt, bureaucratic monstrosity our Founders sought to protect against.

And everyone in DC is part of the problem. Parasites all.

You don't work for us. So why should we work for you?

https://twitter.com/themarketswork/status/1698776695187325322?

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/09/05/john-cornyn-gets-a-rude-awakening-whining-about-the-gov-shutting-down-n2386862

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And here we go. . . . . . .

Tell us you don't really know what your constituents want without telling us you don't really know what your constituents want.

John, dude.  C'mon.

Nice ratio Senator. Maybe you should listen for once.

People are fed up. Not just with government,

but with incumbent representatives who helped create the problem through passage of massive spending packages.

Members of Congress who are beholden to defense contractors, endless wars and Big Pharma rather than their actual constituents.

Members of Congress who enable a corrupt regime and do nothing as they witness the erosion of our Judicial System

and unrelenting attacks on our Constitution.

Our National Debt is a ticking time bomb.

Interest payments are now the federal government's fastest growing "federal program."

The federal deficit is about to double in size. Double.

And what do we have to show for this out of control spending?

Our major cities are unrecognizable hellholes.

Inflation is a cancer, eroding the quality of life for lower and middle class segments of our country.

Yet virtually no one in Washington is calling for a smaller federal government or material budget cuts.

Nor is there any accountability for the incredible amounts of waste.

The federal government should be a small fraction of its current size.

You know this - but for personal reasons you vote for the opposite.

If the federal government was a corporation, you all would have been fired long ago.

Instead, you're protected by incumbency.

Insulated from those you claim to represent.

Our federal government is the wasteful, corrupt, bureaucratic monstrosity our Founders sought to protect against.

And everyone in DC is part of the problem. Parasites all.

You don't work for us. So why should we work for you?

https://twitter.com/themarketswork/status/1698776695187325322?

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/09/05/john-cornyn-gets-a-rude-awakening-whining-about-the-gov-shutting-down-n2386862

because shutting down the gov't will fix all these problems....

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Not what the post said.

(but you knew that)

I suppose that I could point out that passing another extension won't "fix these problems"

(but that is too much for you in one post)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Not what the post said.

(but you knew that)

I suppose that I could point out that passing another extension won't "fix these problems"

(but that is too much for you in one post)

Not only not fix them but make them worse.  But lather, rinse, repeat...

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Who was I comparing the pervert too?  He’s unique in an evil way. I was responding to being called a pink hat wearing woman. “Whatabout” who?  

Your response was to a @B-Man article about #metoo and how Democrats didn't believe Tara Reade.

You responded with "who grabbed em by the pu$$y?".

You didn't say anything about #metoo, Tara Reads etc but went straight to the grab em by the pub

$$y routine.

Please explain to me how that's not whataboutism?

The pink hat was in response to your grab 'em by the pu$$y post.

Try to keep up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Presidential centers from Hoover to Bush and Obama unite to warn of fragile state of US democracy

WASHINGTON (AP) — Concern for U.S. democracy amid deep national polarization has prompted the entities supporting 13 presidential libraries dating back to Herbert Hoover to call for a recommitment to the country's bedrock principles, including the rule of law and respecting a diversity of beliefs.

https://apnews.com/article/united-states-democracy-presidents-threats-joint-statement-5530a89df2c41d58a22961f63fb0e6ff

• Like (+1) 1

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/houston-texas-news/content/2023-08-25-biden-giving-illegals-2200-per-month-welfare-only-1400-to-us-retirees/

Biden Giving Illegals $2,200 Per Month Welfare, Only $1,400 to US Retirees

According to a release by the legal immigration group 'ALIPAC', the Biden administration is giving illegal aliens payments of $2,200 per month, compared to just $1,400 for U.S. retirees.

"The Biden-Harris administration is giving more money to illegal immigrant invaders, than to our own U.S. citizens" said William Gheen, president of ALIPAC, "Once a person understands that, then that person will always be on our side of the illegal immigration debate, which is very simple. Keep them all out, send them all home."

Which sadly has not been happening at all since Biden took office.

Here's news that will gladden the hearts of the useful idiots on this board. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 3

50 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/houston-texas-news/content/2023-08-25-biden-giving-illegals-2200-per-month-welfare-only-1400-to-us-retirees/

According to a release by the legal immigration group 'ALIPAC', the Biden administration is giving illegal aliens payments of $2,200 per month, compared to just $1,400 for U.S. retirees.

"The Biden-Harris administration is giving more money to illegal immigrant invaders, than to our own U.S. citizens" said William Gheen, president of ALIPAC, "Once a person understands that, then that person will always be on our side of the illegal immigration debate, which is very simple. Keep them all out, send them all home."

Un-*****-believeable.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Not only is that a smack in the fact to us.  

It again points out the current assylum packages is more than the median income in most of south America.  

That's the pull.  

Can't ignore all the ngo and sponsor groups making bank off this as well 

2 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

According to a release by the legal immigration group 'ALIPAC', the Biden administration is giving illegal aliens payments of $2,200 per month

This statement is just flat-out wrong. I tried to trace where it came from. It comes from a forum (thing TBD) post from an anti-immigration group, which in turn references what looks like an old Tucker Carlson interview (it has the Daily Caller imprint, which I think is Tucker's old operation) with some guy not identified in the clip simply stating this, without a source.

It is not true. Illegal entrants do not get any sort of payment. I know people who work in this field and I can assure you there are no such payments. 

Is it simply made up? Is the source mixing up people accorded refugee status abroad who are legally admitted to the United States as refugees? They may qualify for some assistance, but that is a very different group (including things such as Afghan interpreters for the U.S. military who risk retribution from the Taliban) than those coming across the border illegally.

It is quite literally fake news. People should double-check these things before posting and reposting. If you have an actual source refuting what I just said, please find it and post it here. Spoiler alert: there is no such source.

2 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Don't be a sucker for internet lies.

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This statement is just flat-out wrong. I tried to trace where it came from. It comes from a forum (thing TBD) post from an anti-immigration group, which in turn references what looks like an old Tucker Carlson interview (it has the Daily Caller imprint, which I think is Tucker's old operation) with some guy not identified in the clip simply stating this, without a source.

It is not true. Illegal entrants do not get any sort of payment. I know people who work in this field and I can assure you there are no such payments. 

Is it simply made up? Is the source mixing up people accorded refugee status abroad who are legally admitted to the United States as refugees? They may qualify for some assistance, but that is a very different group (including things such as Afghan interpreters for the U.S. military who risk retribution from the Taliban) than those coming across the border illegally.

It is quite literally fake news. People should double-check these things before posting and reposting. If you have an actual source refuting what I just said, please find it and post it here. Spoiler alert: there is no such source.

Thanks for the fact check. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So illegals aren't getting any money?  They're just out there fending for themselves?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

So illegals aren't getting any money?  They're just out there fending for themselves?

And yet its costing Federal, State, and local governments billions and billions to support the influx of "asylum seekers".  Its magic!

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know if the $2,200 is true. I simply can't believe what I bolded above to be true either.

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I am but a rube. Would one of the leftist board members be kind enough to educate me on what “San Francisco values” are and how we might recognize them in, uhhh, San Francisco?

Her missive makes no sense.

The most gifted and beautiful city in the US is in shambles, and she can't craft a logical statement.

So glad we left in '90.

That aside, it is a near impossibility to ever have her lose an election in that district.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

And yet its costing Federal, State, and local governments billions and billions to support the influx of "asylum seekers".  Its magic!

I don't know what states and cities may be doing. I know where I live it is costing the city money to provide temporary shelter, etc. 

I am refuting one specific untruth: the federal government is NOT giving  illegal aliens $2,200 in cash per month. That was a very specific claim, and it is flat-out wrong. There's no source cited for that (because there is none), so I have to assume this guy just made it up.

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know what states and cities may be doing. I know where I live it is costing the city money to provide temporary shelter, etc. 

I am refuting one specific untruth: the federal government is NOT giving  illegal aliens $2,200 in cash per month. That was a very specific claim, and it is flat-out wrong. There's no source cited for that (because there is none), so I have to assume this guy just made it up.

What's the number, Frankish?

Don't want it coming out of my pocket.

“President Biden continues to propose budget-busting student loan bailouts that would force 87 percent of Americans who do not have student loan debt to bear the costs of the 13 percent of Americans who do,” Thune said in a statement this week. “It’s incredibly unfair to those who never incurred student debt because they didn’t attend college in the first place or because they either worked their way through school or their family pinched pennies and planned for higher education.” 

“Our resolution protects the 87 percent of Americans who don’t have student debt and will be forced to shoulder the burden of the President’s irresponsible and unfair policy,” Cassidy added. 

https://baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/09/08/gop-senators-move-to-block-biden-student-loan-plan

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Don't want it coming out of my pocket.

“President Biden continues to propose budget-busting student loan bailouts that would force 87 percent of Americans who do not have student loan debt to bear the costs of the 13 percent of Americans who do,” Thune said in a statement this week. “It’s incredibly unfair to those who never incurred student debt because they didn’t attend college in the first place or because they either worked their way through school or their family pinched pennies and planned for higher education.” 

“Our resolution protects the 87 percent of Americans who don’t have student debt and will be forced to shoulder the burden of the President’s irresponsible and unfair policy,” Cassidy added. 

https://baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/09/08/gop-senators-move-to-block-biden-student-loan-plan

Like I said, get it from the schools.