Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

21 hours ago, Chris farley said:

IE, 100% align with the Roman church or be called out as backward/false profit.

Been that way for centuries.

Yea, this is just a classic Catholic vs Protestant thing. Catholics believe the Church was given to St. Peter as the first Pope and was then passed down to each pope after in the tradition of Apostolic Succession. Protestants say “lol no, we’re gonna use the Word and interpret it in our own way.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Yea, this is just a classic Catholic vs Protestant thing. Catholics believe the Church was given to St. Peter as the first Pope and was then passed down to each pope after in the tradition of Apostolic Succession. Protestants say “lol no, we’re gonna use the Word and interpret it in our own way.” 

Ok.  Protestant would cover most Christian denominations?  

47 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Or "we interpret literally" and then don't see the conflict between thou shalt not kill and the death penalty or an unjust war...or trump and christianity, for that matter.

and then there is that passage about "You are Peter.  And on this rock, I will build my church".  Amazingly, no mention of Luther or Calvin or Henry the 8th.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

37 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Correct. Anything not Catholic can be considered Protestant, dating back to Martin Luther‘s reforms.

Well, not really?

Other denominations (eastern Orthodox primarily but there are others) exist separately from Catholicism but predate the reformation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, yall said:

Well, not really?

Other denominations (eastern Orthodox primarily but there are others) exist separately from Catholicism but predate the reformation.

Ok, yeah that’s a good point. Orthodox not withstanding, then. That also includes “national” Catholic Churches which are mostly not in accordance with Rome. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Or "we interpret literally" and then don't see the conflict between thou shalt not kill and the death penalty or an unjust war...or trump and christianity, for that matter.

and then there is that passage about "You are Peter.  And on this rock, I will build my church".  Amazingly, no mention of Luther or Calvin or Henry the 8th.

There’s also Romans 7 which states that Jesus fulfilled the word and the Holy Spirit becomes the law, not the “letter.” St. Irenaeus writes about this in his piece “On the Apostolic Teaching” which is a crucial piece of early Catholic history. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

There’s also Romans 7 which states that Jesus fulfilled the word and the Holy Spirit becomes the law, not the “letter.” St. Irenaeus writes about this in his piece “On the Apostolic Teaching” which is a crucial piece of early Catholic history. 

not aware.  will need to check them out.  One thing I found in my career tho:  People who constantly spout scripture (almost always fundamentalists) are some of the least Christian people in actions.  And this "Christian White Nationalism" is just unimaginable to me.  Yet there it is....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

not aware.  will need to check them out.  One thing I found in my career tho:  People who constantly spout scripture (almost always fundamentalists) are some of the least Christian people in actions.  And this "Christian White Nationalism" is just unimaginable to me.  Yet there it is....

The early Church doctors and writers are fascinating. One of the best electives I ever took in college was a “Modern Christianity” course. 

39 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

There are different interpretations when translated.

They, and other scriptural content, argue against any establishment of how Catholics view the Pope. 

Clearly the history of "the Pope" is not one that indicates historical piety or credibility.

The Reformation was the result of people revolting to capitalizing the papal position.

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

There are different interpretations when translated.

That's my point.  There is no such thing as literal interpretation.  People color the different translations from Aramaic, Greek and Hebrew to suit their needs.  Re the reformation, i don't blame Luther for starting a new church in the face of buying indulgences.  However, "reformation" has veered far off from His original plan.  See "white Christian Nationalists" and Jerry Falwell Jr..  Yup, there were some bad popes.  They're men after all (x when acting ex cathedra), but I think it's better to have scholars interpret the bible than some guy who decided he was "reverend".

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Prayers for him and his family.

be8c71a8-287a-42e7-87e9-46b8d2f1392a-105

BREAKING: House Majority Leader Steve Scalise Diagnosed With Multiple Myeloma

By Jennifer Van Laar 

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2023/08/29/breaking-house-majority-leader-steve-scalise-diagnosed-with-multiple-myeloma-n2163178

Never want to see this. Hope he gets good treatment and beats it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hmmmmm  🤔

Florida Gas Stations Receive Contaminated
Fuel Right Before Hurricane Idalia Makes Landfall

by Anthony Scott

The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) has reported fuel contamination could impact residents who are evacuating from Florida’s coast. FDACS reported fuel contamination has occurred at dozens of gas stations that were serviced by the Port of Tampa. In a press release, FDACS revealed, “Any fuel purchased after 10 a.m. on Saturday, August 26, at stations supplied by Citgo from the Port of Tampa has a strong likelihood of being contaminated with diesel fuel.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/florida-gas-stations-receive-contaminated-fuel-right-before/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/aug/30/beer-goggles-study-finds-alcohol-does-not-make-people-seem-better-looking

This is why "experts" are not trusted so often. This study found a conclusion, most likely what they predicted all along, by limiting the situation. Beer goggles do not kick in after 3 drinks, they kick in at 8 drinks. This standard, observation, and conclusion is pointless and worthless. 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

And odd thought, but I thought I’d post it

I go to YouTube website daily for videos of puppies. It just helps with my PTSD.

I wonder how many Republicans go to the same website

People with PTSD have a lot of different coping strategies. 

And lately it's the left that's war mongers.  Imagine the drone operators after Obama's drone wars.  

Don't believe a word from these scumbags.  They've been programmed to be deceitful and dishonest.  It's who they are

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4183555-proud-boy-reportedly-claims-trump-won-after-sobbing-for-mercy-at-sentencing/

“Your honor, I stand before you as a changed and humbled man,” he also said, according to WUSA. “But, nonetheless as a man who has always taken responsibility for his actions … I have never denied what I did on J6.”

However, after the judge left the courtroom, Pezzola shouted out his support for Trump. 

12 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Evolution.  Nature is trying to protect us....

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/1/2023 at 12:58 AM, John from Riverside said:

And odd thought, but I thought I’d post it

I go to YouTube website daily for videos of puppies. It just helps with my PTSD.

I wonder how many Republicans go to the same website

I had the Shibu Inu puppy pack going non stop in my office when they were a thing.  Employees and patirents would regularly drop in to have a look.  Great therapy we probably could all use.

On 8/19/2023 at 7:26 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, the MAGA's perseverate on the most pressing topics for our country.  morons.  Do you think it's possible to set Florida adrift?  The deep south?

Bugs Bunny did!

• Like (+1) 1

THE DEATH OF #METOO:  

“To Be Fair, It Was Never Actually About Helping Women.’

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Plus: “In other words, #BelieveWomen, unless a woman makes an accusation that could keep Democrats from winning the White House, in which case, the hashtag will be instantly converted to #ThatBitchIsLying.”

https://theothermccain.com/2023/09/01/the-death-of-metoo-to-be-fair-it-was-never-actually-about-helping-women/

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE DEATH OF #METOO:  

“To Be Fair, It Was Never Actually About Helping Women.’

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Plus: “In other words, #BelieveWomen, unless a woman makes an accusation that could keep Democrats from winning the White House, in which case, the hashtag will be instantly converted to #ThatBitchIsLying.”

https://theothermccain.com/2023/09/01/the-death-of-metoo-to-be-fair-it-was-never-actually-about-helping-women/

hmmm...who said "grab her by the pu$$y"?  Who took away reproductive rights.  Who fought against equal rights for women?  This is a pathetic platform that will be laughed at by all but the most trumpy of women.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

hmmm...who said "grab her by the pu$$y"?  Who took away reproductive rights.  Who fought against equal rights for women?  This is a pathetic platform that will be laughed at by all but the most trumpy of women.

You read like the average pink hat wearing trump hating woman. You really got a pulse on that groups issues.   Just saying 

Edited by Chris farley
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

You read like the average pink hat wearing trump hating woman.  Just saying 

I like women.  Based on your arrest, I'm guessing you don't.  But who knows?

Play with fire and get burned.  What did ole Tuck do to get on the wrong side of the mob that runs Russia?  And MAGA's here call liberals commies...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-propagandist-vladimir-solovyov-says-tucker-carlson-is-a-dead-man-walking

On 9/2/2023 at 6:53 PM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I thought you didn't like whataboutism.  I coulda sworn I read that somewhere.

• Thank you (+1) 1